santoshaparna

I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NVC stated that on 9/27 case was forwarded to chennai, India, I called DOS on 29th and they stated cased should be mailed to embassy by monday 10/2, as of today nothing on DHL'S website, I just got of the phone with DOS AGAIN and the lady had no clue, she does not know if my case has been miled out, she stated that it could take up to 3 months for India to get it and here I'm thinking that since its' via DHL the case should have been either sent already or Chennai should have received it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
NVC stated that on 9/27 case was forwarded to chennai, India, I called DOS on 29th and they stated cased should be mailed to embassy by monday 10/2, as of today nothing on DHL'S website, I just got of the phone with DOS AGAIN and the lady had no clue, she does not know if my case has been miled out, she stated that it could take up to 3 months for India to get it and here I'm thinking that since its' via DHL the case should have been either sent already or Chennai should have received it.

Be patient... It does take some time. No reason to be discouraged yet.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Did you try emailing the Embassy in Chennai???

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Santosh,

The case will get there no worries. E-mail Chennai every few days to ckeck if your case has been received there. They should get back to you with an answer. I did this with Mumbai and it worked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When a case completes at NVC stage an electronic copy is sent first to the embassy. Then the hard copy is sent via DHL or another courrier. They are sent in batches to some embassies like once a week. When it gets to the embassy they will not have a record of it until the electronic files and hard copies are matched. Then it is put in the system. Good luck and it will take a few weeks.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
When a case completes at NVC stage an electronic copy is sent first to the embassy. Then the hard copy is sent via DHL or another courrier. They are sent in batches to some embassies like once a week. When it gets to the embassy they will not have a record of it until the electronic files and hard copies are matched. Then it is put in the system. Good luck and it will take a few weeks.

Mary

I got a response from Chennai last night, they only received the electronic version. I was hoping that Chennai would get the package before the 10th of this month because, that's when they post interview dates for the following month.

Timeline

Mary

I got a response from Chennai last night, they only received the electronic version. I was hoping that Chennai would get the package before the 10th of this month because, that's when they post interview dates for the following month.

Shantosh,

Can you tell me how can we check on DHL website. My case was sent on 21st of August. I just want to check it that do they receive it or not?

Thank you,

HHP

Timeline

Mary

Shantosh,

Can you tell me how can we check on DHL website. My case was sent on 21st of August. I just want to check it that do they receive it or not?

Thank you,

HHP

HI, go to the DHL.COM website, select U.S and then go to the track section on top and select track by reference. Then enter your desired date and in the reference section type in EXPEDITE IV SECTION and click track.

Timeline

Mary

Shantosh,

Thank you,

HHP

HI, go to the DHL.COM website, select U.S and then go to the track section on top and select track by reference. Then enter your desired date and in the reference section type in EXPEDITE IV SECTION and click track.

Thanks Shantosh,

I have one more question how do you know that it's your package?

Thanks in advance,

HHP

Timeline

Mary

Shantosh,

Thank you,

HHP

Thanks Shantosh,

I have one more question how do you know that it's your package?

Thanks in advance,

HHP

You really don't, you have to guess the approximate time.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Santosh,

Chennai is prety good with accommodating dates -- sudhirbathija was able to call them and get them to schedule an interview 2 weeks away (and he had called after the interview dates had been published). Ask your wife is she can possible call (and you can ping them by email and phone also).

Good luck.

KP

I-129F TRACK

2006-02-27: I-129 Sent

2006-03-02: NOA1

2006-07-24: NOA2

2006-07-31: Case received by NVC

2006-08-01: Case leaves NVC to New Delhi Consulate via DHL

2006-08-04: Case received by New Delhi Consulate

2006-08-08: Packet 3 mailed out by consulate

2006-08-17: DS-230 Part I couriered to consulate

2006-08-23: Got interview date (email and telephone confirmation)

2006-08-28: Picked-up packet 4 from the consulate, counter 16 (between 2 PM and 3 PM)

2006-09-20: Interview Date (VISA Approved!!!)

2006-09-23: Picked up Passport with VISA from Blue Dot courier office (VFS did not hold it)

2006-09-27: Reached Home!!! (POE Chicago)

I-130 TRACK

2006-02-08: I-130 Sent

2006-02-27: NOA1

2006-05-03: NOA2 (Approved)

2006-06-12: Received and entered into NVC system

2006-07-08: Self Generated DS-3032 and sent to NVC

2006-07-08: Received I-864 bill from attorney

2006-07-11: Paid I-864 bill

2006-07-12: Received IV bill

2006-07-17: Receive I-864 package

2006-07-19: Send back I-864 package

2006-07-19: Pay IV bill (was out on vacation)

2006-07-31: Sent in self-generated DS-230 (after NVC was ready)

2006-08-03: Case being reviewed by NVC (per operator)

2006-09-12: Case sent to New Delhi Consulate

2006-10-04: Emailed Consulate and got Original Interview Date (10/20/06) posponed to April 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.