linux7

Proof of Meeting

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and apologize if such question has been asked earlier. I am looking to file I129f. However I am not sure if we have enough proof of meeting. I took a trip to India it was a trip for me to relearn the country and visit family. I at the same time also was able to meet my fiance, however we did not take pictures together due to cultural and family reasons. At the time I was also not thinking that I would need to file for a fiance visa. Now we have decided that she come to US on fiance visa and we get married here. I have passport stamp, I can also have family members sign statement of meeting etc, but we do not have photos of us meeting. Are those sufficient proofs? Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Photos are considered secondary evidence. There have been people who were approved without sending in any photos ( other than the required passport photos )

You will need evidence of relationship aside from affidavits because they are not considered very strong evidence either.

Passport stamp is a good start proving that you had gone to the country.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Affidavits are secondary evidence along with pictures. But further down the road that evidence will be seen by a CO, and it might help your case later on(search for front loading or look at embassy reviews). But for the i-129f petition, USCIS requires primary proof of having met - such as passport stamps

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Timeline

Which consulate your fiancee will go for interview? You better search more on this website about particular consulate before sending K1 petition. Although pics, phone calls and chat logs are considered secondary evidence but they are most important documents to prove legitimacy of your relationship.

Good Luck.

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and apologize if such question has been asked earlier. I am looking to file I129f. However I am not sure if we have enough proof of meeting. I took a trip to India it was a trip for me to relearn the country and visit family. I at the same time also was able to meet my fiance, however we did not take pictures together due to cultural and family reasons. At the time I was also not thinking that I would need to file for a fiance visa. Now we have decided that she come to US on fiance visa and we get married here. I have passport stamp, I can also have family members sign statement of meeting etc, but we do not have photos of us meeting. Are those sufficient proofs? Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There have been people who were approved without sending in any photos ( other than the required passport photos )

There are also many people who've gotten RFE's for not sending photos, or for not sending enough photos. Yes, photos are secondary evidence. First and foremost, they want proof that the petitioner and beneficiary were in the same place at the same time, and that the time was within the previous two years. Travel documents are usually used for this. Secondarily, they want proof that the petitioner and beneficiary physically met with each other during that time. Photos are generally used to prove this.

There are a few places in the world where photos are considered taboo, but India isn't one of them. I seriously doubt that USCIS would accept "cultural reasons" as a valid excuse for not having any photos. I also think they'll consider it somewhat suspicious that the petitioner spent time visiting family in India and met their future spouse, but didn't manage to take one single photo. They may suspect that the petitioner merely went to visit family in India, but never actually met his future bride face-to-face while he was there. They may suspect that the relationship was arranged by the petitioner's family after the petitioner returned to the US, and that the petitioner is now trying to use travel documents from a completely unrelated trip to satisfy the two year meeting requirement without having to go to the time and expense of returning to India to actually meet his fiancee.

I think his chances of being approved without photos would be better if he wasn't of Indian descent, and didn't have family in India.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't want to discourage you for submitting 129 petition. But I also agree with "JimVaPhuong".

You need to have more than what you have, specially no pictures... (there is no engagement happened while you are there).

Don't feel bad, you are telling that you went from US and had some ceremony and had no picutures, some one stopped you from taking pictures.

Usually, 129 petitions goes through a strict procedure from India (that is due to high fraud cases from our motherland).

Please think and digest what we are telling/commenting here.

I am not judging you and/or questioning you or your intentions here.

Everyone of us is speaking from experience or staying on this site or doing research on different sites.

Good luck.

Edited by Deep2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.