russ

Helping my ex-wife

35 posts in this topic

I'll pass that advice along through my lawyer, should she choose to do that. I've already had several lawyers look at her case, K-3 visa will be the most likely thing to work.

Florida has a 20 day waiting period for divorce, which isn't bad. She has already sworn an affidavit admitting to the facts of the divorce suit with the clerks office here, so I can't forsee any way of it not going through on the 19th next week.

She did let me know she is planning to get married the same day of the divorce at the same courthouse. I did find this a bit distasteful.

20 days... thats cool, i had to wait 6 months to get rid of my stupid divorce., it took them 2 months from me filing for divorce, to the day they came and arrested me for going out of status and throwing me in pending removal proceedings., if i hadnt had to wait the 2 months, and had the 20 days., i wld have remarried on the 21st day, and sent in my applications the same day.....

in removal proceedings, if she does get into them, what i have seen is the judge ask., "what is the noa date for your 130" from many people, if the proceedings and warrant for arrest was issued after the noa., the case is dismissed as there is already a pending aos...

p.s. jail sucks., and so does the detention center., i was in for 3 days., they got my bail recipt the day b4 christmass and i was out....

6/21/2006 - sent i130.i485,i131,i765,biometrics, sponsor

6/23/2006 - recieved by MSC

6/27/2006 - notice date on NOA

7/26/2006 - fingerprinting

recieived notice for interview... duno when

9/2/2006 - all apps touched

9/13/2006 - interview. waiting for bkground, no approve.deny case will be reviewed as my case in more complicated., i1131, i485 sepereated from file, claimed that they will be sent for processing

9/22/2006 - called national customer support., been 90 days, no interim ead (i knew i wldnt have it yet) was told to go to santa ana

9/26/2006 - office claims file is floating around somewhere in the mail room, they will find my work permit app and travel doc app and send it for processing

9/26/2006 - drive to LA to double check what they said, office at LA claims that santa ana sent work p, travel to NBC

9/27/2006 - EAD, Travel docs touched

9/28/2006 - EAD, Travel docs tocuhed

9/29/2006 - :( nothing touched, no letters no emails :(:( ---- waiting., will send letter to congressman monday

10/2/2006 - Travel Docs Touched, nothing new on EAD....Wife sent letter to congressman

10/2/2006 - Got Travel Doc in the mail

10/2/2006 9:30 PM PST, 5 email ead approved, will mail me new card

10/6/2006 10:30 AM PST, got 3 emails saying that they have mailed out an approval letter for my EAD... hmmm wheres the damn EAD,

10/7/2006 - Got EAD with a TYPO in a#!!!! in the mail

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know the other thread I have in this new forum was killed - that was good, it was going in a bad direction.

Sincerely, I am trying to keep my wife out of trouble. This isn't easy right now.

If anyone has comments that may help her legal situation, feel free to let me know. I will do what I can to help her in any way I can without breaking the law.

Otherwise - I appreciate the support, but saying bad things about her does not help her situation.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.