Inshallah2011

Am I the ONLY one?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I filed my N-400 in January, 2012 (Phoenix, Arizona). Got the NOA letter on 01/20. I have not heard anything further regarding to my case since then. Is it normal for it to take this long? Dont they usually send out FP appointment within the 30 days after the paperwork has been received?

I just wanted to hear from others and see if there is someone else with the same "concern"!

Thank you all for your prompt reply

Blessings!!!

I beleive for some people they did not send Biometrics letters. I would not worry too much. If you are concerned you can always call them and ask them.

Thanks. I tried to call them today, could not get hold of anybody. Later I figured it is a holiday!:)

Buy the way, it seems like each location has a different processing timeframe. Like Texas vs. Arizona. Is that right?

When did you have biometrics last time? If it was less than 12-15 months ago, they might use your previous biometrics. Which means you do not need new biometrics.

Buy the way, it seems like each location has a different processing timeframe. Like Texas vs. Arizona. Is that right?

My feeling is the timeline for both AZ and TX is about the same. You send your documents to one of the PO boxes, either in AZ or in TX, depending on where you live. After that you receive NOA letter from Lee Summit, MO. And later, when they transfer your case to your local office, the processing time depends only on the workload of your local office.

When did you have biometrics last time? If it was less than 12-15 months ago, they might use your previous biometrics. Which means you do not need new biometrics.

My feeling is the timeline for both AZ and TX is about the same. You send your documents to one of the PO boxes, either in AZ or in TX, depending on where you live. After that you receive NOA letter from Lee Summit, MO. And later, when they transfer your case to your local office, the processing time depends only on the workload of your local office.

Thank you very much Ree.

Yes, it is less than 15 months since I had my biometrics done.

And thank you for the clarification on location, and processing time.

If you haven't yet you should join the Jan 2012 citizenship filers thread here:

Jan 12 n400 filers thread

You can add your name and compare your times to others that filed in Jan. If you're not sure how to edit the timeline just post your info and ask someone to add you to the timeline.

Good luck!

If you haven't yet you should join the Jan 2012 citizenship filers thread here:

Jan 12 n400 filers thread

You can add your name and compare your times to others that filed in Jan. If you're not sure how to edit the timeline just post your info and ask someone to add you to the timeline.

Good luck!

Yes, please come and join us in the Jan 2012 and add your stats. From what I can tell, they are pretty much in line with what the rest of us are experiencing.

Hello All,

I filed my N-400 in January, 2012 (Phoenix, Arizona). Got the NOA letter on 01/20. I have not heard anything further regarding to my case since then. Is it normal for it to take this long? Dont they usually send out FP appointment within the 30 days after the paperwork has been received?

I just wanted to hear from others and see if there is someone else with the same "concern"!

Thank you all for your prompt reply

Blessings!!!

You're not the only one, I am a December 2011 filer and haven't heard anything regarding Biometrics or Interview date either yet while others around me are about to have their interview already. Some people can skip the FP so you might be one of them, and then it takes longer for you to hear back. I completely understand your concerns though, I have them too and I filed a month before you ;)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you pay by personal check, and if you did, did they cash it? Paying extra for a received receipt doesn't tell you anything, except they received your package and tossed it in a corner someplace. And that cashed personal check is a receipt that they definitely received it and opened your envelop.

We're in the same boat. I sent my application 1/17 and my NOA1 date is 1/20 and up until now haven't received my biometric appointment. I'm not that worried since I read that there are lots of applicants who had their FP waived. And yes please join the January filers thread.

Edited by pepper

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.