ichiro

Filing to Remove Condition in May and Have Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

As the title said I am filing to lift the condition in May 16th and hoping that you all can help me with a few questions:

1) How long does it take after the filing for them to ask you to go for biometric? The reason why I ask because I will be moving to a new state for medical school starting July and really prefer not having to fly back just for the biometric. My wife will have to stay back in CA until she finds a job near my school. I am using our CA address to file.

2) Who can I ask for the affidavits? The instructions did not specify the relationships so it can be anyone? Relatives? Friends? No notarization necessary?

3) While this whole thing is still in process I assume that I still have all the rights as a PR correct? I mean eligible for student federal loans and all that?

4) I saw that the processing time is 6 months. Is that number correct? I was hoping that it would be quicker.

5) How common is it for them to interview you at this stage?

Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. Around a month from NOA1, sometimes quicker. You will likely have done it by July. If you haven't you should be able to attend your local office in CA to do it as a walk-in.

2. Anyone but they are not a requirement. They are a suggestion. I probably won't submit any because we have plenty of proof without bothering friends and family.

3. Yes

4. 3-6 months

5. 50/50. Depends on your case. Depends how much info you send (too much can be as bad as not enough), depends on your local office, depends on many factors. No way to know whether you will or won't.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.