luvinmb

Explanation Letter Needed?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance was denied entry to the U.S. a year and a half ago. They took his tourist visa and told him to reapply at a later date. The reason was simply that they felt he had more ties in the U.S. than to Mexico. And that he was simply visiting the states to frequently... which was true (to see me). My question, we decided to just wait and apply for a fiance visa rather than have him apply for his tourist visa again. It has been a year and half since he has been in the U.S. We want to know should I attach a letter to the form that asks the questions about denials and visa confiscation, stating the situation surrounding his denial and visa revoking. I am worried about just putting yes on these documents without an explanation. Because otherwise they could assume he had been denied for a real criminal reason. He has never had any trouble outside of this incident and even then it was not really for anything bad.... Please give me your thoughts, suggestions, experiences.... Thanks!

1Corinthians 13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_mexic_2fawm.gif

08/08/2006- Mailed I 129-F packet to TSC

08/10/2006- Packet Signed for by TSC employee

08/18/2006- NOA 1 date

08/22/2006- Touched.....:)

10/25/2006- Touched.......BIG SMILE :)

10/26/2006- TOUCHED AGAIN..........HUGE SMILE!

10/27/2006- NOA 2 approval email received!

10/31/2006- NOA 2 received in mail.........Can't stop smiling!!

11/16/2006- NVC receives my petition and assigns us a case number CDJ----------!!!! WOOHOO

11/20/2006- Mailed to Juarez!! Yippee!

11/30/2006- Juarez received my petition......Email confirms I should receive my packet within 2 weeks!! :)

12/15/2006- Received Packet!!!!! Booking travel arrangements!!!!

12/26/2006- Medical Exam

12/27/2006- Interview, 601 waiver needed

01/10/2007- Filed 601 Waiver

01/17/2007- DHS Receipt of Waiver

08/26/2007- Approved

09/04/2007- Received Approval Notice

You should have him answer the question honestly (I don't believe the question is asked until the stage of the game where he'll be filling out the forms; that is, when he's applying for the visa once your petition is approved). I don't think it would hurt to add a letter of explanation; even though when your fiance comes for his interview (if not sooner) they'll know the reason for the revocation of his tourist visa, I can't see what harm it might cause to explain the answer.

You should know that this visa revocation, if it was only because of his lack of significant ties to Mexico, won't have any bearing on his fiance visa application. So don't worry about that. It's just important to always be honest, and as thorough and complete as possible. Good luck! :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Like pax said, be honest! If they ask for an explanation on a form then give it, if they don't then don't. If they want an explanataion they'll ask for it :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

well they have the information on why he was rejected.

you may write a letter explaining the truth. so he was not denied on criminal offence or any such thing. they just could not relate his being in the US for long periods..

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You should have him answer the question honestly (I don't believe the question is asked until the stage of the game where he'll be filling out the forms; that is, when he's applying for the visa once your petition is approved). I don't think it would hurt to add a letter of explanation; even though when your fiance comes for his interview (if not sooner) they'll know the reason for the revocation of his tourist visa, I can't see what harm it might cause to explain the answer.

You should know that this visa revocation, if it was only because of his lack of significant ties to Mexico, won't have any bearing on his fiance visa application. So don't worry about that. It's just important to always be honest, and as thorough and complete as possible. Good luck! :)

Agree. :yes:

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Dont worry too much but well i am sure they will ask him that during the interview and they best thing is always to tell the truth I applied for a turist visa 3 times i got them 2 but not the last one and at the k1 interview they asked me why they said no i guess they should know better than me but u will have no problems if u have all the papers and say the truth.good luck!

Edited by bebezita

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.