16 posts in this topic

my husband and i made an infopass appointment today to check on the status of his AOS, as we were told back in August that we were finally through name check, and we could expect a determination in 30-45 days. well, lo and behold, when we arrived today, we were told that he's been sent an RFE and they're waiting for us to respond. :blink:

our interview was way back in june! i'm so stinking furious right now, it's not even funny!!

they gave us a pink inquiry form to fill out so that we could find out what the RFE was for, as we've never received anything at our house about that. and of course, they said we should have a response from them within 30-45 days. :angry:

so anthony called the 1-800 number when he got home today. at first, the customer service person wasn't able to locate his record at all... :huh: and then finally, their response was that we should make yet ANOTHER infopass appointment and ask to speak to an officer.

this is getting RIDICULOUS!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your situation. I can understand how frustrated you both must be, and being told to wait yet another 30-45 days is very hard to hear.

Hopefully, you will hear something about the RFE shortly and can get on with the process and get your approval.

Good luck and best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

yeah, me too. :(

anthony has made another infopass appointment for tomorrow morning...he'll drive back up there for a meeting with an immigration officer at 8am. i doubt he'll get anywhere, but i will let you know what we find out. i mean...c'mon. i know our file is at that office...i saw it on the guy's desk back in june when we had our interview. :blink:

*sigh*

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

:blink:

so...

we went back up to the USCIS office this morning to speak to an officer, as advised yesterday by the customer service line. i'm not sure we ever actually got to *speak* to an officer...but the gentleman who helped us today was SO much better than the lady yesterday!

when i explained to him that i know our file is in that office, because i saw it on the officer's desk when we had our interview in june, he took a look at our information on the computer, and said, "let me just go take a look. i'll see what the RFE is for, and get you a photocopy of the letter they sent out to you before you leave today."

so, we sat and waited while he went in the back to look for our file. after about 10 minutes, he came back out front and told us that the RFE is for fingerprinting.

"wait," i said. "he just had those done recently, and here is the notice from that appointment." and i pulled out the copy of the notice to appear for code 2 biometrics and handed it to him.

i told him that we had 10 prints done before our interview, and then we did the biometrics in july.

he took the notice, and went back again to speak to the officer. another ten minutes or so, and he came back out to say that everything in the file is complete, there is no RFE, and as long as our security check is complete, we should expect a decision soon.

:blink:

you know...this is crazy. i fully believe that it was only because we showed up in person that they took our piece of paper from one file and put it in another. the worst part is...if we hadn't been proactive, they would have probably considered us to have not responded to the RFE (that we never received!), and could have considered our petition abandoned!

crisis averted.

and so now...we wait.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

even then, i think i'll worry that some serious looking men in black suits could show up at our door and demand that we give it back. :blink:

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

jt179g.jpg

2uhvevm.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How frustrating is this whole thing?? Hopefully you will hear something soon. I think you are right in needing to show up in person, or at least keep on at them. I'm so sick of this whole damn thing, latest is they've canceled my imaginary interview! Never got an interview notice in the first place!!! My husband is about ready to write to our Congressman. I'm about ready to throw in the towel! Hurricane Katrina was a Godsend for the Louisiana crowd! They have all the excuses they need right there!

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
How frustrating is this whole thing?? Hopefully you will hear something soon. I think you are right in needing to show up in person, or at least keep on at them. I'm so sick of this whole damn thing, latest is they've canceled my imaginary interview! Never got an interview notice in the first place!!! My husband is about ready to write to our Congressman. I'm about ready to throw in the towel! Hurricane Katrina was a Godsend for the Louisiana crowd! They have all the excuses they need right there!

Well, look who shows up!!! :lol:

Where the heck you been? And expecting too - my my!!

Congrats on the 'wee one'! Isn't AOS hell fun?

Timeline

Well, look who shows up!!! :lol:

Where the heck you been? And expecting too - my my!!

Congrats on the 'wee one'! Isn't AOS hell fun?

Hey Girl,

I've been in 'n' out briefly, since we bought the house and started new jobs, and obviously we've been makin babies, so we've been really busy. Baby is due Feb 15th, can't wait, it was actually a bit of a surprise, since we had all these plans for remodeling, which have now been put on hold, lol!

I see you and Wes are having some major hiccups too. I hope you have some resolve soon. To Hell with all of them, let's all move to Ireland!!! :thumbs:

AOS

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

IM000979.jpg

Timeline

To Hell with all of them, let's all move to Ireland!!! :thumbs:

Wanna share a container?

LOL, sounds good. My sister just went back home after visiting us for 2 weeks.....I've been bitter & homesick since! :( I'll get over it and on with it soon enough I suppose...... ;)

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.