jonandrachel

I-134 Question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there

So we received our NAO2 this week and will start to look towards the next step, but i have a quick question about the I-134 support form. I live in England and my fiancee in New York, she is a student there, is she eligible to complete the form if she is not earning an income, but instead spending thousands on school, or will i need to find another sponsor, someone from her family for example?

Thanks

Timeline

You'll need a co-sponsor. I'm in the same situation (US fiance at grad school), and my fiance's father offered to be mine. Apparently London only want to see the I-134 from the person who meets the income requirement, i.e in this case the co-sponsor, but I asked my fiance to complete one as well just in case. Good luck, and let me know how it goes, cos you're a few months ahead of us!

p.s approved in 90 days - awesome!

Edited by kittylondon

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

I believe London also allows self-sponsor, if that applies to you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on the fast NOA2

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

Timeline

You'll need a co-sponsor. I'm in the same situation (US fiance at grad school), and my fiance's father offered to be mine. Apparently London only want to see the I-134 from the person who meets the income requirement, i.e in this case the co-sponsor, but I asked my fiance to complete one as well just in case. Good luck, and let me know how it goes, cos you're a few months ahead of us!

p.s approved in 90 days - awesome!

I filled out I -134 couple of days ago for my fiancé.is there any minimum income requirement for this?? I just need to know if I am making enough money ?

an1cMah-O6k0600MTAwMzY3c3wwMDAwMTExZGF8SW4gQVAgRk9S.gif

Timeline

I filled out I -134 couple of days ago for my fiancé.is there any minimum income requirement for this?? I just need to know if I am making enough money ?

I'm going by the VJ Guide -

"While there are no specific income requirements listed in the I-134 form directions, you will be judged by the

same criteria as the I-864 form requirements when they are issueing the visa at the foreign US consulate, so

provide financial information for the I-134 with those guidelines in mind."

i.e 125% of poverty level - www.usac.org/_res/documents/li/pdf/Income_Requirements.pdf

:)

Edited by kittylondon

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Hey there

So we received our NAO2 this week and will start to look towards the next step, but i have a quick question about the I-134 support form. I live in England and my fiancee in New York, she is a student there, is she eligible to complete the form if she is not earning an income, but instead spending thousands on school, or will i need to find another sponsor, someone from her family for example?

Thanks

Just wanted to point you to some London specific info and a place in the UK forum to ask questions now that you have a NOA2.

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.