Sign in to follow this  
peejay

Supreme Court rejects appeal by Nazi guard

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Supreme Court rejects appeal by Nazi guardU.S. has revoked citizenship of resident of Des Moines over wartime past

WASHINGTON - A former Nazi concentration camp guard lost a Supreme Court appeal on Monday over the government’s decision to revoke his U.S. citizenship.

Justices declined to review the case of John Hansl, a member of the SS Death’s Head battalion that guarded concentration camps at Sachsenhausen near Berlin in 1943 and Natzweiler in France in 1944.

Hansl, who lives in Des Moines, Iowa, sought to distinguish his case from other former Nazi camp guards by arguing he did not hide his wartime past when he asked for a visa to enter the United States in the mid-1950s or personally assist in persecution.

An appeals court, however, agreed with a lower court ruling that Hansl’s work as an armed guard with orders to shoot escaping prisoners was sufficient evidence that he “personally assisted in persecution.”

The case is Hansl v. United States, 06-239.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15104122/

Not that I'm a fan of Nazis, but where are the ACLU and the (illegal) "immigrants rights" activists? He probably won't even be prescecuted for any crime once he gets deported to Germany.

I guess the cause is not lefty or sexy enough for the P.C. crowd. Protecting MS-13 gangsters and criminal aliens from deportation is sexier.

My mom's relatives in Byelorussia suffered a lot from Nazi occupation and my dad / uncles were WW2 combat vets, but I think deporting old geezers with dubious links to war crimes is a waste of time. This is the second one this week.

The fact is that there are a significant number of criminal aliens that have lied about their criminal records and/or benefited from the incompetence of the US-CIS in getting US citizenship. Why not nail these creeps when they are far more dangerous presently than this low level flunky.

I know I'll probably get flamed mercilessly, but I really want to know what is going on here.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Supreme Court rejects appeal by Nazi guardU.S. has revoked citizenship of resident of Des Moines over wartime past

WASHINGTON - A former Nazi concentration camp guard lost a Supreme Court appeal on Monday over the government’s decision to revoke his U.S. citizenship.

Justices declined to review the case of John Hansl, a member of the SS Death’s Head battalion that guarded concentration camps at Sachsenhausen near Berlin in 1943 and Natzweiler in France in 1944.

Hansl, who lives in Des Moines, Iowa, sought to distinguish his case from other former Nazi camp guards by arguing he did not hide his wartime past when he asked for a visa to enter the United States in the mid-1950s or personally assist in persecution.

An appeals court, however, agreed with a lower court ruling that Hansl’s work as an armed guard with orders to shoot escaping prisoners was sufficient evidence that he “personally assisted in persecution.”

The case is Hansl v. United States, 06-239.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15104122/

Not that I'm a fan of Nazis, but where are the ACLU and the (illegal) "immigrants rights" activists? He probably won't even be prescecuted for any crime once he gets deported to Germany.

I guess the cause is not lefty or sexy enough for the P.C. crowd. Protecting MS-13 gangsters and criminal aliens from deportation is sexier.

My mom's relatives in Byelorussia suffered a lot from Nazi occupation and my dad / uncles were WW2 combat vets, but I think deporting old geezers with dubious links to war crimes is a waste of time. This is the second one this week.

The fact is that there are a significant number of criminal aliens that have lied about their criminal records and/or benefited from the incompetence of the US-CIS in getting US citizenship. Why not nail these creeps when they are far more dangerous presently than this low level flunky.

I know I'll probably get flamed mercilessly, but I really want to know what is going on here.

What disturbs me is that I was under the impression that the USCIS could only revoke your citizenship if you lied on the N-400. Did this guy tell the truth on the visa app, then lie on the N-400? Because if he told the truth on the N-400 ... that is a very, very dangerous precedent.

And I'm fed up with conservatives bitching about the ACLU. You know what? If you lived in a liberal state like New Jersey, you'd realize that they champion liberal causes in conservative states and conservative causes in liberal states, because they fight for the rights of the individual against the un-Constitutional actions of the government. The difference is that the liberals don't ###### about it when their actions get overturned.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Not only is this a waste of time but a waste of tax dollars too. :yes:

Exactly. Everyone knows all the ex-nazi went to argentina :P

:runs n hides:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

err, peejay, u post a nazi news to talk about illegal immigration? why don't you just make an illegal immigration thread rather than trying to find some crazy relation between it

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
err, peejay, u post a nazi news to talk about illegal immigration? why don't you just make an illegal immigration thread rather than trying to find some crazy relation between it

Well e-r-r...the guy got deported, so we must assume he illegally immigrated. We must also assume that he was racially profiled too. Let's see...ethnic German...German sounding name...the right age to serve in the German SS...immigrated from Germany right after WW2. Sounds like a profile to me. It wouldn't make too much sense to search the database of African pygmies from the Congo or Orientals from Mongolia when looking for Nazis. Would it? And it sure as hell would be a major waste of resources to scour the entire database.

I would think that you would be outraged at this racial profiling...but, then again, he's not a Mexican; so you could care less.

But most reasonable and intelligent people would realize that the guy's race is only one of the many aspects of the profile. And the race baiters only see the racial aspect when their amigos get caught and their chickens come to roost.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well e-r-r...the guy got deported, so we must assume he illegally immigrated. We must also assume that he was racially profiled too. Let's see...ethnic German...German sounding name...the right age to serve in the German SS...immigrated from Germany right after WW2. Sounds like a profile to me. It wouldn't make too much sense to search the database of African pygmies from the Congo or Orientals from Mongolia when looking for Nazis. Would it? And it sure as hell would be a major waste of resources to scour the entire database.

I would think that you would be outraged at this racial profiling...but, then again, he's not a Mexican; so you could care less.

But most reasonable and intelligent people would realize that the guy's race is only one of the many aspects of the profile. And the race baiters only see the racial aspect when their amigos get caught and their chickens come to roost.

oh lol, so now u getting all smart with me and stuff?? lol.. well. no im not gonna answer back with that 'most intelligent people' ######.. 2nd.. the illegals are not my amigos.. there's a difference between asking for protection of human right and me thinking giving them citizenship is the right thing.. heck why would they get citizenship while im through resident procedures??

now.. the main difference, he was a FUKCIN NAZI!! I don't think Juan Perez killed a hundred of people to come the USA.. and I'd think he got deported because he was a Nazi, not because he was illegal..

now.. to your racial profiling issue.. do you think they stopped every single white person with a german name to check if that was teh guy? NO!! do you think they'd stop every single brown spanish-speaking person to see if they match the illegal type. YES!!

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline

People tend to forget what the Nazies did not only to the jewish population but to other ethnic populations too. I am sorry but everyone of them should be caught and charged. If it wasnt for the bravery of the men and woman back then, then you lot would not have the freedom that you have. Basically what you are saying is that you can do a crime and be allowed to get away with it because it was done over 60 years ago, well a crime is a crime and to be honest they are getting away with it lightly with only the punishment being deportation.

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif