RobynSway2709

affidavit of support

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

okay so my US fiance's father is providing the affidavit of support as my fiance is a student. Does my fiance still need to fill in the form even though he doesnt have a job or pay stubs? His father will be a full sponsor.

Thanks in advance.

Yes he does, otherwise they won't know that he indeed needs the sponsor.

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Yes, your fiance still needs to fill it in. The petitioner must be the primary sponsor.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

ok thanks.

If you need more informations about the Affidavit of support, this is a good link: http://www.visajourney.com/content/support The 8th point would have answered your question. :)

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

okay so my US fiance's father is providing the affidavit of support as my fiance is a student. Does my fiance still need to fill in the form even though he doesnt have a job or pay stubs? His father will be a full sponsor.

Thanks in advance.

The answers you have gotten would be true for an I-864 Affidavit of Support. But for the I-134 London, the beneficiary just needs 'a sponsor' to convince the officer "that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge." There is no law/rule that says an I-134 from the unemployed fiance would be of any use if there is somebody else doing the sponsor duties. The beneficiary can even self-sponsor in London with no I-134 at all, by showing they have funds of their own.

http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

The answers you have gotten would be true for an I-864 Affidavit of Support. But for the I-134 London, the beneficiary just needs 'a sponsor' to convince the officer "that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge." There is no law/rule that says an I-134 from the unemployed fiance would be of any use if there is somebody else doing the sponsor duties. The beneficiary can even self-sponsor in London with no I-134 at all, by showing they have funds of their own.

http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

ok great.. my fiance father is sponsoring, his earnings are quite high however im worried , cause his mam and dad are divorced and california making the ex husband pay the ex wife, does this come in to play when they asses his income? he lives with his girlfriend and her adult kids.. do they count as dependents? his sons are all over 18 and only 1 still lives with their mam.. im confused with all of this.. any advice? thanks you so much for your help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

ok great.. my fiance father is sponsoring, his earnings are quite high however im worried , cause his mam and dad are divorced and california making the ex husband pay the ex wife, does this come in to play when they asses his income? he lives with his girlfriend and her adult kids.. do they count as dependents? his sons are all over 18 and only 1 still lives with their mam.. im confused with all of this.. any advice? thanks you so much for your help

The ex-wife probably counts. Does he claim the gf & kids on his tax forms as dependents? I think you have to be married for that.

Check what the current numbers are for 125% poverty. If he has a decent salary you probably have nothing to worry about: that 125% number is really low. They really mean "poverty". Family of 4 in 2012: 125% of poverty is $27,938. I would hope that ONE person working full time is getting at least that much!

Somehow a family of 7 is supposed to be able to live off of $42,263! Well, in just-over-poverty at least...

Website: http://www.liheap.ncat.org/profiles/povertytables/FY2012/popstate.htm seems to be the right thing and is where I grabbed that from

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I guessed 4 by using him, ex-wife, under 18 son, and then fiancee. I left you out though, so I guess it would be 5. $32,713

Still shouldn't be a problem.

Timeline

The ex-wife probably counts. Does he claim the gf & kids on his tax forms as dependents? I think you have to be married for that.

Check what the current numbers are for 125% poverty. If he has a decent salary you probably have nothing to worry about: that 125% number is really low. They really mean "poverty". Family of 4 in 2012: 125% of poverty is $27,938. I would hope that ONE person working full time is getting at least that much!

Somehow a family of 7 is supposed to be able to live off of $42,263! Well, in just-over-poverty at least...

Website: http://www.liheap.ncat.org/profiles/povertytables/FY2012/popstate.htm seems to be the right thing and is where I grabbed that from

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.