Paul123

Too early for I134?

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. Couple of questions..

Is it okay to get the I134 together before I get NOA2? Or does it expire at some point since its a notarized affadavit? My co-sponsor asked if he could go ahead and get his stuff ready. Also, do pay stubs take the place of a letter from his employer? Or do you need both?

Hi everyone.. Couple of questions..

Is it okay to get the I134 together before I get NOA2? Or does it expire at some point since its a notarized affadavit? My co-sponsor asked if he could go ahead and get his stuff ready. Also, do pay stubs take the place of a letter from his employer? Or do you need both?

It will be easier to give a correct answer if you fill in your timeline and information. It will gives all of us here a better idea of how close you are to the NOA2, which consulate you will be using etc. :time:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It depends on which consulate/embassy you'll be going through, as waiting times vary; it'd be better if you sent them dated closer to the interview date. As far as I know - you can search that info - the I-134 and the supporting documents are good for a year.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I hear most embassies require that they be 3-6 months old, but in either case they ask for it to be the most recent possible. You can get the tax return copies ready and things without date that you may wanna use as documentation though. You can also fill the I-134 and save it to date and notarize it when you're ready to send it to your fiance.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Thanks for your responses. My NOA1 was sept 19th, vermont service center. Should I go ahead and give my co-sponsor the thumbs up to get his stuff ready then? The employer letter is a slight concern to me because it seems like it would be a pain in the butt as hes an extremely busy person. I have no doubt that he will get it when I ask him, weve always been pretty close and he has a big heart, it just makes me a tad guilty to ask for for.

can it be substituted with pay stubs or should you have all forms of proof of income?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thanks for your responses. My NOA1 was sept 19th, vermont service center. Should I go ahead and give my co-sponsor the thumbs up to get his stuff ready then? The employer letter is a slight concern to me because it seems like it would be a pain in the butt as hes an extremely busy person. I have no doubt that he will get it when I ask him, weve always been pretty close and he has a big heart, it just makes me a tad guilty to ask for for.

can it be substituted with pay stubs or should you have all forms of proof of income?

You will need all forms of proof!! I went ahead and gathered all the stuff from my end for my Fiance after getting my NOA2 on Sept 22nd was approved on Sept 18.. I sent everything last week by UPS. Since I should be done with the NVS come Oct18 since that will be four weeks I might send a more recent I134 form again with pay stubs, and another letter employement with a more current date of end Oct rather than the one I sent that has end of Sept on it plus I want to send call records showing Oct 2006 on it.

I've been told that the I394 is valid for 3-6 months so you should be fine if you send everything now.

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

Ive heard its valid from 3-6 months from 2 different sources. Does that mean some consulates say its valid for 3 and some for 6? Ive also heard its good for a year. Does it tell us in writing anywhere as to how long it is valid?

So i guess i have to get my co- sponsor to get a letter from his employer AND his paystubs plus the notarized I134. I need 3 copies correct?

Since I dont financially qualify as a co-sponsor but I am still the primary sponsor, do I need the same supporting documents? The employer letter maybe a problem for me too. I work for a subcontractor whom Ive only met twice in person, only talked to him 3 times. No one knows if they will have the contract next year or not. My supervisor is the one that hired me and is the one who will rehire me again next year if they get the contract again. Would a letter from her work? And do I even need to show this stuff if I dont qualify as the sponsor by myself?

Timeline

I know the consulate in Rio says I-134 is good for a year. You can contact the consulate or embassy you'll be going through and ask them about it.

As to when to start collecting some of the supporting documents, it depends on the embassy/consulate the beneficiary will be having their interview. Check the waiting time for a interview.

Timeline (incompleta)

I know the consulate in Rio says I-134 is good for a year. You can contact the consulate or embassy you'll be going through and ask them about it.

As to when to start collecting some of the supporting documents, it depends on the embassy/consulate the beneficiary will be having their interview. Check the waiting time for a interview.

Thanks for your response Mew, we will be going through the Rio consulate so I guess im good to go ahead and start collecting the documents.

Can anyone help me with my other questions involving the supporting documents?

Timeline

Rio's been e-mailing people back (in reply to inquiries) saying they're only interested in seeing tax returns (and W-2s, sometimes). Not sure about co-sponsors, though. You can e-mail them and ask.

See: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34819

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=33441&hl=

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31660

Also, you'll find lots of info about it here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...0De%20Janereiro

Oh, and one more thing, Rio asks for sponsors to be 125% above the poverty guidelines, and not 100% as it should be.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Thanks for all the info Mew! youve been a big help. I will email the consulate and print it out. I think Ill just ask my co-sponsor for the i134 and the letter from employer. Ill tell him he can throw his stubs in as a bonus. Does he need to supply an official copy of his birth certificate or just like a copy of a copy?

Timeline
Thanks for all the info Mew! youve been a big help. I will email the consulate and print it out. I think Ill just ask my co-sponsor for the i134 and the letter from employer. Ill tell him he can throw his stubs in as a bonus. Does he need to supply an official copy of his birth certificate or just like a copy of a copy?

You're welcome! :thumbs: As far as I know, a copy would be okay - long form birth certificate. I think they'll want to see tax returns.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

You're welcome! :thumbs: As far as I know, a copy would be okay - long form birth certificate. I think they'll want to see tax returns.

Thanks again Mew.. Sorry for going on and on about this .. But as I understand it, I should ask my cousin (co sponsor)for an official long form copy right? Will he get it back? Or should I have him get a photo copy of it to submit along with the official copy so they can keep the photocopy?

Timeline

Thanks again Mew.. Sorry for going on and on about this .. But as I understand it, I should ask my cousin (co sponsor)for an official long form copy right? Will he get it back? Or should I have him get a photo copy of it to submit along with the official copy so they can keep the photocopy?

They'll either ask for his long form birth certificate or copy of his passport as proof of citizenship. I had only copies of my fiance's (my sponsor) documents (no originals), as I have e-mailed them and they've said that just copies would work just fine. So... it's photocopies only.

You can e-mail them to be sure: immigrationrio@state.gov - they usually reply within a day or two. Keep the questions simple, yes/no questions. It's common to get a simple "Yes" as an answer.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.