jenny and manny

RFE: CIRCUMSTANCE OF MEETING

8 posts in this topic

Just want to ask something about question #3 (CIRCUMSTANCE OF MEETING):

Is my fiance going to write down how we met? It stated there submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship.

He is going to send the RFE reply today, just want to double check before he sends it.

:help:

CITIZENSHIP

May 2010------------------------------Citizenship

August 2010---------------------------Approved

September 2010------------------------ Oath taking :)

Removing Conditions

June 5, 2009---------------------------Mailed I-751 Application

August 15, 2009---------------------- APPROVED (Thank God!)

AOS JOURNEY

May 9, 2007---------------------------AOS & EAD documents sent via USPS Registered Mail

August 27, 2007------------------------ AOS INTERVIEW APPROVED!

FIANCE VISA

April 30, 2006 ---------------Sent I-129F to CSC

March 12, 2007-------------------INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

April 20, 2007 ----------------------- Wedding

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.. Heb. 11:1

Thank you to fellow VJers who helped me through this process. I wish you all the best life ahead. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

It would be a good idea for your fiance to write a paragraph or two about the circumstances in which you met. The statements in the text would be then enhanced by the evidence you have collected. God bless!

Filed: Timeline
Just want to ask something about question #3 (CIRCUMSTANCE OF MEETING):

Is my fiance going to write down how we met? It stated there submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship.

He is going to send the RFE reply today, just want to double check before he sends it.

:help:

Well, since it's an RFE, there must be a valid reson why they are asking. Do you have lots of other proof you are a couple? Is it a strange circumstance of meeting?

jenny and manny

This is not the first time I have seen something similar where it asks for information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship. Is the RFE asking for further evidence or further written information regarding Q18? IMO on what you have written it appears they are after an expansion on Q18 which is what I have noted other members in the past have received. One line or short answers to describe these details are sometimes required to be expanded on.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I also got an RFE for this. My RFE asked for pretty much everything, they wanted information on initial meeting, last meeting, and also circumstance of meeting (oh yeah and the IMBRA questions). I honestly think they lost my info since I had submitted the new I-129F with IMBRA info. included, but I won't even get into that topic.

Anyway, back to the topic. Well, for my circumstance of meeting, I actually shortened it out. Let me explain. For my initial petition, I had typed out about 3/4 of a page single spaced explaining how my fiance and I met at my mother's hometown in Mexico, then I threw in all the dates I had seen my fiance, BIG MISTAKE. Do not just throw out dates at them, it can get confusing. I had seen my fiance about 8 times since we met (we met in 1999). So I think that's why they wanted me to explain the circumstances of meeting once again. This time, I made it more concise and straight to the point (about half of a page). I explained briefly how we met since 1999, but then stated that I would concentrate on the meetings that took place between the dates specified (the two year period before the filing of my petition). Then I also attached an outline detailing all of the meetings that took place between my fiance and I. Thanks to VJ members who all suggested I do this.

For your circumstances, stick straight to the point and be very clear. Try to concentrate on the time period they want information from.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

I also got an RFE for this. My RFE asked for pretty much everything, they wanted information on initial meeting, last meeting, and also circumstance of meeting (oh yeah and the IMBRA questions).

Do not just throw out dates at them, it can get confusing.

For your circumstances, stick straight to the point and be very clear. Try to concentrate on the time period they want information from.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

ucla_cutie26- They are asking us the same thing (initial meeting, last & circumstance of meeting).....we have all the evidences they needed. We just want to double check everything before he sends it to CSC.

This is what he stated in the RFE reply:

October 2, 2006

Receipt #: WAxxxxxxxxxxxx

Applicant: --------------------

Beneficiary: ------------------

I have attached numerous pieces of evidence to prove that I was in the Philippines last year, and that my fiancé and I have met. We have known each other since 1990, during my 1st year in high school in the Philippines, where we were classmates. Unfortunately, I was pulled out of school late October of 1990 to get ready for our flight to the U.S.

We lost communication until early last year where we found each other via Friendster on the internet. I was able to communicate with her through that website and renew our friendship.

Last year, I flew to the Philippines for the first time since my arrival in the United States. I was able to get together with my old friends and classmates. During my 3 weeks in the Philippines, I spent lots of time with old friends. It was during this period that Jenny and I realized how strong our feelings had grown for each other and we decided to commit to a permanent relationship together.

Attached are the following proof requested: Highlighted areas shows proof of visitation - We only stick to the documents they stated in the RFE notice....

1.) Mission Federal Bank Statement

2.) Mission Federal Credit Card (Visa)

3.) Scanned Copy of my U.S. Passport. This shows the 1st page, Arrival and Departure from the Philippines, and the back of the passport showing the barcode.

4.) Airline Passenger Receipt (Asiana Airlines), Along with Baggage claims, and Boarding Pass. And Passenger Itinirary.

5.) Photo’s taken in the Philippines together.

I can provide Video’s on CD and Photo’s on CD upon request.

Hope these proofs are enough.

Thank you so much for the RFE thread the other VJ members started, it helped us so much....God bless you all. (F)

It would be a good idea for your fiance to write a paragraph or two about the circumstances in which you met. The statements in the text would be then enhanced by the evidence you have collected. God bless!

He wrote down a brief statement and stated the documents he will send. We gathered the necessary documents they needed. Hope the approval comes next. Thanks a lot.... :D

CITIZENSHIP

Removing Conditions

AOS JOURNEY

May 9, 2007---------------------------AOS & EAD documents sent via USPS Registered Mail

FIANCE VISA

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.. Heb. 11:1

Thank you to fellow VJers who helped me through this process. I wish you all the best life ahead. Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat :)

Do you have lots of other proof you are a couple? Yes....He included all the documents (we only stick to the specific documents they were asking so as not to confuse them e.g. passport copies, airline tickets, pictures...). They were asking for proof we met within 2 years. For cirumstance of meeting, he just wrote a brief explanation on how we met.

Is it a strange circumstance of meeting?- Nope. He's a highschool friend of mine. We met again after 15 years.....he had his vacation last year in the Philippines (highschool reunion). I also stayed in the Philippines last year.

CITIZENSHIP

Removing Conditions

AOS JOURNEY

FIANCE VISA

jenny and manny

This is not the first time I have seen something similar where it asks for information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship. Is the RFE asking for further evidence or further written information regarding Q18?

aussiewench- Yes....They are asking for evidences that he went to the Philippines and we met (initial meeting, last & circumstance of meeting. He only included specific docs they needed such as passports copies, airline tickets, photos of us and our friends, et. al....For the circumstance, he only wrote a brief explanation on how we met.

CITIZENSHIP

Removing Conditions

AOS JOURNEY

FIANCE VISA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.