9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I stuck this question in the AOS forum on purpose as our re-file is necessary due only to the protracted delay with the FBI namecheck after interview. Sorry in advance if it should have gone to the EAD forum.

I've read the instructions on the form for renewing and I've searched the forums.

Just want to confirm:

File as we did initially. Include the $180 again and all supporting docs as last time, including new passport pics. Include photocopies of the front and back of the original EAD and answer the appropriate questions about it. Still mark the category as c(9). Mail to Chicago.

Am I missing anything?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

this fbi name check is killing us all with all the renewals we have to go thru. we renewed my husbands in january and will be doing it again this january coming up if they dont hurry up. also have to renew his drivers liscence again cuz its only good as long as the ead is.

also lost 1000 bucks for airline ticket cuz we didnt know he needed transit visa in amsterdam and found out too late so we lost the ticket. if he just had that green card he could travel thru amsterdam without that damn visa.

Filed: Timeline

They probably just choose random people from these countries (i.e. countries with histories of terrorism) to harass. They shouldn't have to take so LONG, though. I mean, really; why so long? Weren't background checks performed when the original visas were issued? Why again?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That looks good Rebecca. You appear to have everything. I am sorry you need to do another renewal and hope that you see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline
They probably just choose random people from these countries (i.e. countries with histories of terrorism) to harass. They shouldn't have to take so LONG, though. I mean, really; why so long? Weren't background checks performed when the original visas were issued? Why again?

While I have wondered if Wes' check is protracted due to his 'countries with histories of terrorism' background, the Pittsburgh office has alluded to us this has nothing to do with. They state simply that these things take time.

Northern Ireland, while it still has it's moments, is no longer the land of random scary things that go bump in the night. I find some of the snobbery that is directed towards it and its residents to be akin to the 'low rent district/second class citizen' mentality seen in the US prior to LBJ and Dr. King.

While I have wondered if Wes' check is protracted due to his 'countries with histories of terrorism' background, the Pittsburgh office has alluded to us this has nothing to do with. They state simply that these things take time.

Northern Ireland, while it still has it's moments, is no longer the land of random scary things that go bump in the night. I find some of the snobbery that is directed towards it and its residents to be akin to the 'low rent district/second class citizen' mentality seen in the US prior to LBJ and Dr. King.

yes, rebecca...we were assured by our district office that it had nothing to do with him being from NI, but rather, just that sometimes it takes longer.

i agree...it's perfectly safe to travel in northern ireland these days...and besides...the troubles have always been between ireland and england, and were never a threat on any level to american security.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.