wynterstail

anyone had unusual or extra-helpful evidence of relationship?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm interested to hear what kinds of evidence people have used to show ongoing relationship, other than the usual plane tickets and some photos. An immigration attorney recently told me they like to see photos with family members in them. What types of evidence have people used?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I also used emails, cards, postal mail, phone bill copies, calling card copies etc...I also had a few of my close friends write letters to my fiance and send him cards. He keeps the envelopes because they are date stamped.

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh that's a cool idea--cards from other people

I also used emails, cards, postal mail, phone bill copies, calling card copies etc...I also had a few of my close friends write letters to my fiance and send him cards. He keeps the envelopes because they are date stamped.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

From the guides:

3. Copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

4. Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present.

I brought pictures, e-mails, phone bills and Skype printscreened shots, and statements written by my mother, my fiance's mother and a friend of mine. The consular officer just asked to see pictures. I'd think that tickets and visa stamps are seen as proof of having met, unless you guys have flown to see each other after the petition's been filed. I don't know.

Also, I advise you to post this question to the regional forum, so you get input from people who have had their interviews in Jamaica.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For my visa interview, I had...

--engagement ring and wedding ring recipts

--photos of us together, and both our families together on a trip

--"congratulations on your engagement" cards

--copies of emails between his mom and my mom planning our wedding shower and their surprise visit

etc etc etc

of course, I wasn't asked to show any of it! ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.