dashsplash

Help would be appreciated.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone:

Two of my brothers, are married and living in the US, they are born citizens. My parents just got their immigration visa, and they are planning to travel to USA in the end of this month or vice versa. The whole problem is, my sister and I, are approved, but awaiting a visa number. What I wanted someone to clear out for me is, I am under the 4th priority(Since my brother filed for us both) at the moment and so is my sister as far as I know, when my parents do enter into the US and become Lawful Permanent Residents, do we get upgraded to the 2A priorty? or what? What basically happens? Is there a way to hurry up this process, or for us to wait in the US for us to get our Permanent Resident status? My parents are having a hard time leaving with half the family here, and half the family there... My sister will be turning 21 in January, and I am 23 now, but my petition was filed in 2002, with my sister, that makes me around 19 back then. I would appreciate any kind of feedback and any questions that you might have.

Regards,

Adnan Usman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your brothers petition will continue to run in Category 4.

Your parents can file for you under 2B, 2A for your Sister if they are quick. They could upgrade to 1 if they get their citizenship.

There is no upgrade for your Brothers petition.

You can have mutiple petitions running at the same time.

First : Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second : Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent

Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third : Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth : Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is there no way that my sister could move there after 6 months or so? I mean my being here alone is okay, but it would make a huge difference if she could be moved. Is there any possible way? thanks for all the help :yes:

USC boyfriend.

:)

Or school. Yeah school, that's probably more appropriate.?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

Is there no way that my sister could move there after 6 months or so? I mean my being here alone is okay, but it would make a huge difference if she could be moved. Is there any possible way? thanks for all the help :yes:

USC boyfriend.

:)

Or school. Yeah school, that's probably more appropriate.?

Uni seems best bet, Boyfriend would need to be found first etc so would be a bit longer than 6 months.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, I have considered that as a factor and that will be a priority, to get an I-20 so that we can process her on the student visa. However, there was this one lawyer that asked for $3000 each for the both of us, and he'd make arrangements for the both of us to get to the US and wait there for the visa number in the US. Is that possible?

Filed: Timeline
Yes, I have considered that as a factor and that will be a priority, to get an I-20 so that we can process her on the student visa. However, there was this one lawyer that asked for $3000 each for the both of us, and he'd make arrangements for the both of us to get to the US and wait there for the visa number in the US. Is that possible?

Did the lawyer suggest how he recommended going about that?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

Quite possible he will take your money up front. And then there may be difficulties when it comes to a visa, no doubt unforseen.

Tell him you will pay him when you have your visa's in your passports and see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.