EBONY_SEAN

GOD BLESS EMAIL

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
IT WAS LATE SATURDAY NIGHT AN I WAS CHECKING MY EMAIL WHEN I SAW THE EMAIL FROM IMMIGRATION. I DIDNT HESITATE TO OPEN IT I FIGURED, OH WELL WHATEVER IT IS, IT IS, YIPPEEEEE. WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!!

I QUICKLY CALL MY MOM IN NY BUT I DONT GET AN ANSWER SO I DECIDE TO CALL MY FIANCE SEAN IN JAMAICA. WHEN I TOLD HIM THE NEWS HE WAS SO EXCITED. HETOLD ME OVER AND OVER HOW WE GONNA HAVE A GREAT LIFE TOGETHER. WOWO THEN MY MOM CALLED AND WE TALKED ON THE PHONE TILL 3 AM. THIS IS SO GREAT. NOW I GOT A FEW QUESTIONS....1 WHAT IS NEXT?

2. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE APPROXIMATELY FOR HIM TO ARRIVE? 3. ANY BODY GOT ANY ADVICE OR COMMENTS LET THEM ROLL. YEEEAAAHHHHHH IM FEELING GOOD RIGHT NOW.

CONGRATULATIONS & GOOD LUCK!!

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no that was a mistake, no new rfe :)

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HI THERE THANKS FOR THE CONGRATS. UMMM I SPOKE TO THE ADMINISTRATER AND I THINK THEY HAVE CLEARED IT UP. AS FAR AS THE SIGNATURE ILL WORK ON IT ....THANKS CAUSE I SURE WANT TO SUPPLY YOU GUYS WITH AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE. I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS.

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You both have every reason to be excited! I sure would be!

Make sure to do something special to celebrate this success in the journey.

Best of luck with the steps ahead!! :thumbs:

:dance::D:dance::D:dance:

P.S. I see when I click on your timeline that a message appears saying that you have an issue with duplicates. Could you please contact the system administrator and square that away so that we know your information is being tabulated correctly in the stats VJ compiles? That would be GREAT!!! :thumbs: Thanks!!

:time: (or rather FIX your timeline) :D

In the meantime, until that's taken care of, I was wondering if you might share more specific dates in your signature. I see you have the months listed for the different visa events so far, but not the actual days...Knowing the days would be interesting for me to see if you're willing...

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congratulations Ebony and Sean!! Please go and check out the "Yardies at home and afarrin" thread in the Latin American, Mexican and Caribbean area in the Regional section. You'll get detailed info there specifically for the Jamaican embassy. As an example there's the No Impediment to Marriage Certificate that the Jamaican embassy requires that to my limited knowledge not all other embassies require.

Best wishes on the rest of your journey!!

Michele is right..Ebony and Sean please join us at the yardies thread. There are many people there who have just completed their K-1 process with interviews and have wrote their experieces there. The yardies thread would have a wealth of info for you guys on your next visa step. Please don't be shy people are nice there and willing to help.

Congrats and all the best with the next process. :thumbs::dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.