Karly-n-Bruce

Having Fiance at Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that the Consulate in Montreal allows the fiance to be present at the interview but I was wondering if there were members here who have done so. Bruce is planning on coming with me and I was just hoping on receiving more information regarding what happens when you bring your fiance. Do they interview him as well? If he allowed in the interview room and not just in the waiting room? Is he allowed to help answer questions? :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Read this thread that was posted yesterday. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=34899&hl=

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Mine came along with me - to Vancouver though. I know at the Vancouver interview they actually asked him some questions - and it actually helped us out with our interview. But, I don't know about Montreal.

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Timeline
Mine came along with me - to Vancouver though. I know at the Vancouver interview they actually asked him some questions - and it actually helped us out with our interview. But, I don't know about Montreal.

Were you engaged or married at the time of the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

?? Strange question to ask "together2love" since their profile shows K1, and signature shows interview Sep 27, and wedding Dec 30? Maybe I missed something? Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

?? Strange question to ask "together2love" since their profile shows K1, and signature shows interview Sep 27, and wedding Dec 30? Maybe I missed something?

Nah yer just on top of things! :lol:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah.. I stood in the booth with my fiancee. took the oath, had questions asked of me... It was like I was getting interviewed as well...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are applying for AOS you really need to bring your husband or your wife, but for fiancee visa its your choice.

My fiancee came with me to the Montreal K1 interview. Didn't ask her anything. She was very helpfull with the presentation of paperwork during the rapid fire request for documents.

My fiancee was standing to the side a bit and the woman asked me when the last time I saw my fiancee was - "Uh ... she's standing beside me."

When asked for the affidavit of support doc. my fiancee said she "would promise to marry and support me."

The interviewer smiled but said she would still need the peice of paper.

very quick and painless.

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé came with me, also. He did not have to take an oath as Zyggy had, but he was asked general, conversational questions. However, this was mainly because of his line of work and the consular officers were curious. I was very thankful to have him there because it took a lot of the heat off myself. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

I went with my wife to her CR1 Interview. I went into the room with her and was asked no questions. Neither was she come to think of it. The dude says everything looks good and he just needed to take her fingerprints.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.