deleted-05292014

Starting the K1 process, need some clarification

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have just returned from the Philippines where I spent some time with my fiance. Now that I am back in the U.S I would like to start the K1 fiance visa process. I was looking through the checklist of items needed and was hoping someone could help clarify for me a few items.

#1 For the Cover letter example on this website, it says address of my service center. Can someone tell me how I determine what service center I am with? On the USCIS site it gave me a local field office but I am thinking I need one of those 4 international ones listed (ie: Ca, NE, etc). I reside in Ohio and I am assuming the closest one to me would be Nebraska but is there a link somewhere that I can verify that that is my correct service center? I apologize if this is obvious somewhere but I can't seem to locate. Also just to make sure, I am sending this completed package to the Dallas lockbox address correct? OR to my service center?

#2 For the proof of having met in 2 years, do I also send all of my evidence of our relationship with this as well? I mean in addition to the passport stamps, boarding pass copies etc. is this the time that I also include my phone bills, email & chat transcripts, letter communication etc. Or is this information only used for her interview that I provide when I send her the completed I-129F package?

#3 For the Fiance letter of intent, based on the example of this website, what will she use for the USCIS address? Will she use the one I use or will she put the US embassy in Manila?

In hindsight I wish I had printed a G-325A, letter of intent, to take with me to the Philippines so she could have signed and completed there. Now I have to wait for her to fill this information out and snail mail to me along with the passport photos so this will lengthen the overall process.

Thank you in advance for your advice, time to start our journey :-)

Edited by Overjoyed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

1) Put the address of the Dallas lockbox, that's the place where you will send your petition. FYI, only California and Vermont SC process K-1 petitions. If you reside in Ohio, I would say yours will likely be processed at the Vermont Service Center. You will know at which SC it is processed when you'll receive your first notice of action (NOA1). It will be written at the bottom left of it.

2) Send whatever is proof of having met in the last 2 years, but in a reasonable amount. Follow the K-1 guide that Enigma11561 gave you the link for, it's very well explained. You will only provide copies. Your fiancee will need to have all the originals for the interview (including some more recent proof from the time after you will have sent your petition).

3) Again, it's not very important which address you use, but put the Dallas lockbox address.

Follow exactly the VJ K-1 guides, plus the official instructions from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Edited by didopage

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Timeline

1) Put the address of the Dallas lockbox, that's the place where you will send your petition. FYI, only California and Vermont SC process K-1 petitions. If you reside in Ohio, I would say yours will likely be processed at the Vermont Service Center. You will know at which SC it is processed when you'll receive your first notice of action (NOA1). It will be written at the bottom left of it.

2) Send whatever is proof of having met in the last 2 years, but in a reasonable amount. Follow the K-1 guide that Enigma11561 gave you the link for, it's very well explained. You will only provide copies. Your fiancee will need to have all the originals for the interview (including some more recent proof from the time after you will have sent your petition).

3) Again, it's not very important which address you use, but put the Dallas lockbox address.

Follow exactly the VJ K-1 guides, plus the official instructions from USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Excellent, thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.