JamieandJamie

RFE question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi all! Hoping someone can help me with my question :) I received the RFE today and it is asking for evidence that my fiance and I have met in person within the last two years, the evidence they want is airline ticket stubs and receipts, ATM and credit card transactions (that indicated name month day and year) Copies of passport pages and film-dated photos. Problem is, I sent in all of those things that I have...so I called customer service for clarification. I asked if I should resend those documents and she said not to, that they were looking for additional evidence...of which I don't have. She then told me if I was still confused to consult an attorney. HELP! Thanks :)

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-22

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-01-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-02-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-13

Packet received: 2012-02-27

Interview Date :2012-05-01

Interview Result :Approved

Timeline

For the intital evidence I sent in photocopies of both of our passports (he has been here twice within past two years and i have been to his country once within that time frame), photocopies of plane ticket stubs to and from hawaii for both of us which show us sitting in the seats next to each other, receipt of payment from expedia for a trip to hawaii including the hotel, plane tickets and car rental which has both of our names on it, copy of the engagement ring receipt (which shows he purchased it here in the states), a ton of pictures of us together in both countries with the location and exact date written for each, and also some other hotel receipts from both countries.

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

did you send the EXACT same things they are asking for right now?

Edit: Weird, I would think that's enough. Do you have emails? You know, talking about your visits, how the the trip was, etc etc. Bank statements from both of you using your cards in each others country?

Edited by paojack

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

In my first post I put exactly what the letter asks for. The only difference i can see is that my pictures are not film-dated, so I will go to Kinkos to get that done. But I am still worried, because all the other evidence I have I sent in. But that is a good idea about the bank statements, even though they didnt ask for that, should I send it anyway? As for emails, we don't do much of that :/ But thank you so much for the feedback so far, I really do appreciate any help I can get :)

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

For the intital evidence I sent in photocopies of both of our passports (he has been here twice within past two years and i have been to his country once within that time frame), photocopies of plane ticket stubs to and from hawaii for both of us which show us sitting in the seats next to each other, receipt of payment from expedia for a trip to hawaii including the hotel, plane tickets and car rental which has both of our names on it, copy of the engagement ring receipt (which shows he purchased it here in the states), a ton of pictures of us together in both countries with the location and exact date written for each, and also some other hotel receipts from both countries.

Most simple possibility: they lost your evidence. It can happen.

Assuming they didn't... You have to make clear what you are sending. Did you send in copies of the passport stamps themselves? Were they legible? That should be enough. But, to go on... Were the boarding passes labeled as to who the passenger was? The payment receipts with your names on it doesn't mean you were actually there together, same with the engagement ring receipt. He could have phoned in the payment. Pictures are secondary evidence.

If you have passport stamps and they were legible, I would say that they lost your evidence. If you only sent in the bio pages of them or something, then they couldn't see what you were trying to show them. Some of your other evidence is not evidence of meeting. Best of luck to you.

Edit: Be clear about what they want from you. They want evidence of meeting in person. They DO NOT want evidence of a relationship. Emails and chats are evidence that you didn't meet, in fact. Don't send them proof of a relationship, send them proof of meeting in person. Be clear and understand the difference.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes and yes to those. My parents first thought was maybe the evidence was lost. Well that does make me feel a bit better actually if that might be the case! So i will just resend all of that, with the date stamped photos just in case. Thanks :)

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

resend original evidence.

and send new evidence, and be sure to mark it as additional evidence.

how do you keep in touch? i had a monthly phone plane for the uk and i included a few bills showing i had been a subscriber to this service during the 2 yrs preceding the i129f. what about skype logs?

what about love notes? postcards? ticket stubs from something you did together (train tickets, amusement park tickets)?

find something if you can. think outside the box!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

I did include skype logs, but I may as well put in some of those other things you suggested too! Thanks! The thing that boggles my mind is (if the evidence wasnt lost) how are tthe passport stamps and boarding passes (with our names on them) showing us sitting next to each other on 4 flights not enough proof? crazy.

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Timeline

Oh also, when I sent in my packet last time, I read somewhere not to use staples, so I just used a paper clip. Was that a bad idea? If so, how did you guys put your packet together?

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

I did include skype logs, but I may as well put in some of those other things you suggested too! Thanks! The thing that boggles my mind is (if the evidence wasnt lost) how are tthe passport stamps and boarding passes (with our names on them) showing us sitting next to each other on 4 flights not enough proof? crazy.

I would recommend not sending in anything extra. It will make things more confusing. They did not ask for evidence of a relationship - they asked for proof that you saw eachother in person in the last two years. Just send primary evidence that you met. Highlight everything important - don't make them search for stuff. Your reply should only be a few sheets of paper. Make it plainly obvious that you met in the last two years - don't drown that evidence in a bunch of extra.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Well i just scheduled an "infopass" meeting with an immigration officer for Feb 1, so hopefully he/she will be able to clarify that Ive gathered everything I need and let me know what to do!! *crossing fingers*

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In my first post I put exactly what the letter asks for. The only difference i can see is that my pictures are not film-dated, so I will go to Kinkos to get that done. But I am still worried, because all the other evidence I have I sent in. But that is a good idea about the bank statements, even though they didnt ask for that, should I send it anyway? As for emails, we don't do much of that :/ But thank you so much for the feedback so far, I really do appreciate any help I can get :)

Do not assume something was not lost. What you list is adequate and far more than I sent. Photos are secondary and dates should not matter, I sent ONE undated photo.

I would suggest carefully copying all the same things, and attach notes to each explaining what they are. Attach a letter explaining each meeting, where, when, how and reference the attached documents.

"on March 3, 2011 Jack and Iflew to Hawaii, see boarding passes, exhibit A attached" For example, then mark the evidence. make sure all the evidence is marked with your name, petitioner and his name, beneficiary and the USCIS case number.

Sounds like a pain but the next step is denial so you better spell it out for them

I simply do not see where you would have a problem unless something got lost or separated from your packet, and that is definitely possible.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Do not assume something was not lost. What you list is adequate and far more than I sent. Photos are secondary and dates should not matter, I sent ONE undated photo.

I would suggest carefully copying all the same things, and attach notes to each explaining what they are. Attach a letter explaining each meeting, where, when, how and reference the attached documents.

"on March 3, 2011 Jack and Iflew to Hawaii, see boarding passes, exhibit A attached" For example, then mark the evidence. make sure all the evidence is marked with your name, petitioner and his name, beneficiary and the USCIS case number.

Sounds like a pain but the next step is denial so you better spell it out for them

I simply do not see where you would have a problem unless something got lost or separated from your packet, and that is definitely possible.

Thank you so much for your advice! I will be extra extra thorough this time.

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.