RFEMAKEMECRAZY

RFE Help Needed

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would recommend sending in more than just 3 photos also... Some might have submitted that many and not had any problems, but it is good to have at least enough photos to paint a basic picture of your relationship, which can also build a case for you both having spent time in the past couple of years. Also: The pages of your passport that showed the visit, did you send those separate, specifically as evidence or was that part of your proof of U.S. Citizenship? Make sure the adjudicator can see that as part of the evidence. Also, like the other posters mentioned, if you can type exactly what your RFE says, you will probably get some additional comments

Edited by Kaoticor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello VJ family.

Just received our RFE and have a slight problem. They want film-dated photos. Well, we don't have any. We submitted the best pictures we had. I am a photo-phobe and so didn't take many pics of us together. NONE of our photos are film dated. Just never set my camera up that way.

We have met in person on 4 separate occasions. Twice prior to filing for K-1 and twice after. I don't think there are any acceptable photos from the first two visits but lots from the second two. I MADE myself take pictures even though I hate it because I knew it was important. The RFE specifically states photos from the LAST PERSONAL MEETING, can we use pictures taken during our later visits after the application was filed? They are literally from our LAST PERSONAL MEETINGS.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Wow I have not heard this before. But that is besides the point. Unfortunately we cannot go back in the past, so if you do not have film dates photos then you don't have them. If you do not have these, then I would reply to the RFE advising that you do not have date stamped film and then supply some additional pictures with a statement written from the person who took the photos, stating where the photos were taken, the date, their personal information, their relation to the two of you, other such documentation, signed and dated wherein they state they are the individual that took said photos. I know that this is not supplying USCIS with what they requested. The only other option that I could suggest is Shutterfly. It is a way to keep track of and store photos an it is through Target. You can upload any pictues you've taken and then order the prints through Target. When ordering your prints, one of the options it gives you is that you can have a message added to the back of each print. You could utilize that to add the dates to your photos. But only use photos that you can prove the date you are adding to the back of the print. Again, maybe utilize this option in conjuction with the previous option of having statement(s) written by the individuals who took the photos.

Hope this helps

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Here is exactly what the RFE says:

Requirement That Petitioner and Beneficiary Have Met In Person: It must be established that the petitioner and beneficiary have met in person and/or have been in each other’s physical presence at any time during the two years immediately preceding the filing of this petition.

*Last Personal Meeting-Submit film-dated photographs of the petitioner and beneficiary together. The following DOES NOT constitute evidence of meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Reading it again, I think they specifically want photos from my second trip. I only sent some from the first trip. I think we have one that we found last night on the camera from that second trip. I don't like the way I look in pictures so don't take many.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has ideas or advice to share!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Are you serious that they only wanted one thing? How strange.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Now that I have posted exactly what the RFE says above, does anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated!

Strange indeed. There is no other list of possible items, just the one? usually these are form letters with the same text, and multiple choices. You have no other choices there?

I have some questions about your case that might help to puzzle out what is missing, or why they want to see this. How long have you known your fiance? Are you from the same country? You sent photos before, that you said were far-away pictures and/or grainy, yes? When were your two visits? What is the country of the beneficiary?

:time:

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

As it seems that their concern clearly is the having met within the 2yrs bit, I would prepare a new and more comprehensive evidence package "for dummies". Put together all the primary and secondary evidence of your meetings that you can reasonably come up with, and make it read like a "for dummies" guide: highlight the important information, use post-its with simple and clear sentences to indicate what you want the adjudicator to look at, etc. Don't make them look for information, point it out to them so clearly they can see it from across the room. Instead of allowing them to focus on this ridiculous picture requirement (which it is NOT as others have already pointed out), make your package so clear and obvious that after a few glances at it, they cannot reasonably argue that you HAVEN'T met.

Good luck, and no worries. The truth always wins out! :)

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Strange indeed. There is no other list of possible items, just the one? usually these are form letters with the same text, and multiple choices. You have no other choices there?

I have some questions about your case that might help to puzzle out what is missing, or why they want to see this. How long have you known your fiance? Are you from the same country? You sent photos before, that you said were far-away pictures and/or grainy, yes? When were your two visits? What is the country of the beneficiary?

:time:

I have known my fiance since fall of 2010. I am American (born here and lived here all my life) and fiance is from Europe and not a high fraud country. My 2 two visits were in winter of 2010 and early spring of 2011. The photos I sent were a bit grainy and only one is really a full frontal shot of us. We found a photo on another camera from the second visit the other night that we didn't know we had. It's a close up of our faces. It is the only photo from my second visit. I am hoping that will make them happy.

I hate pictures of myself so don't take them. I wish more than anything I could go back in time, I'd take a million pics if I could. Who cares about my stupid self consciousness at this point. They already have a copy of my passport and don't' seem to be questioning that. I did not save my boarding passes. The idea about sending a "proof of meeting packet" along with all the (crappy) pictures I have seems like my best bet at this point. Maybe along with an explanation of why we didn't really take pictures. I have visited again twice since filing and took better pictures on subsequent trips knowing we'd need them. And yeah, I shouldn't be so stupid about pictures and I should get over it. It IS nice to have pictures, I guess.

We are so ready to be together, get married and start our lives together and put this whole separation/waiting process behind us, just like everyone else here on this site. The thought of something so trivial causing us to be separated for goodness knows how much longer is very upsetting! I was there, and were were together pretty much every second of both trips. It was mostly just the two of us. We did spend a little time with family and unfortunately did not take any pictures. We are both pretty introverted and quiet. Not big on socializing. There are all kinds of people in the world. Not everyone takes tons of pictures and has to go out with a bunch of friends and family all the time. They have to know this.

Sorry, end of rant. Please let me know what you think we should do. What would you do in this circumstance? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.