RFEMAKEMECRAZY

RFE Help Needed

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ family.

Just received our RFE and have a slight problem. They want film-dated photos. Well, we don't have any. We submitted the best pictures we had. I am a photo-phobe and so didn't take many pics of us together. NONE of our photos are film dated. Just never set my camera up that way.

We have met in person on 4 separate occasions. Twice prior to filing for K-1 and twice after. I don't think there are any acceptable photos from the first two visits but lots from the second two. I MADE myself take pictures even though I hate it because I knew it was important. The RFE specifically states photos from the LAST PERSONAL MEETING, can we use pictures taken during our later visits after the application was filed? They are literally from our LAST PERSONAL MEETINGS.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ family.

Just received our RFE and have a slight problem. They want film-dated photos. Well, we don't have any. We submitted the best pictures we had. I am a photo-phobe and so didn't take many pics of us together. NONE of our photos are film dated. Just never set my camera up that way.

We have met in person on 4 separate occasions. Twice prior to filing for K-1 and twice after. I don't think there are any acceptable photos from the first two visits but lots from the second two. I MADE myself take pictures even though I hate it because I knew it was important. The RFE specifically states photos from the LAST PERSONAL MEETING, can we use pictures taken during our later visits after the application was filed? They are literally from our LAST PERSONAL MEETINGS.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

What country is the beficiary and which service center?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Did you write on back of the pictrures your names, place and date?

Note: Creating time line will help comunity as well add county...

Edited by ffp

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

what exactly does the RFE say??

did you send any photos in with your I-129F?? if so did you write dates and location on the back of them??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Yes, I wrote the names, location and date on the back of the pics that we sent in. One was a still we pulled from a video. One was a frontal shot but from a little bit of a distance and one kissy picture so it was not a front view of our faces. Like I said, they were #######, but they are all we really have available.

Timeline

Yes, I wrote the names, location and date on the back of the pics that we sent in. One was a still we pulled from a video. One was a frontal shot but from a little bit of a distance and one kissy picture so it was not a front view of our faces. Like I said, they were #######, but they are all we really have available.

so is the RFE specifically asking for "film dated" photos or photos with dates on??

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

The RFE specifically states Film-Dated Photos. And the word Film-Dated is underlined.

Timeline

so is the RFE specifically asking for "film dated" photos or photos with dates on??

I am wondering all the same thing because otherwise I am screwed. It was my first trip to Davao and I didnt have camera dated pics(dont like pics with that). I also didnt know exact dates pics taken. I sent 5 pics one with family. I put our names, signed and week of visit.

Timeline

The RFE specifically states Film-Dated Photos. And the word Film-Dated is underlined.

and that is all the RFE says is acceptable??

what other proof of having met did you send in... passport stamps?? boarding passes??

I am wondering all the same thing because otherwise I am screwed. It was my first trip to Davao and I didnt have camera dated pics(dont like pics with that). I also didnt know exact dates pics taken. I sent 5 pics one with family. I put our names, signed and week of visit.

none of my photos where film-dated and i was approved

Timeline

I am wondering all the same thing because otherwise I am screwed. It was my first trip to Davao and I didnt have camera dated pics(dont like pics with that). I also didnt know exact dates pics taken. I sent 5 pics one with family. I put our names, signed and week of visit. If I got RFE I have 2 more visits and 3 to 4 months of more proof

Don't let my problem worry you. I am sure you are fine. I don't know how many people have and submit film-dated photos anyway. I am thinking it's more to do with the quality of our photos. Like I said, they were #######, but all we had. I hate to have my picture taken and it's not like we were staging photos during our visit because we might decide to get married and apply for a visa. We were meeting for the first time in person after chatting on the internet and falling for each other. We were just starting our relationship. Now over a year later it comes back to bite us in the a**.

I really hope they will be reasonable about this. What a nightmare!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting! Someone at USCIS is making a big deal of this (Photos)

They are Secondary Evidence. As Dan stated above proof of Passport Stamps. Reciepts from Travel.

Pictures are NOT required to have Date Stamps what-so-ever. Are you positive that a friend or family member did'nt take a picture of you both and can e-mail to you?

I'n more confusion: What did you apply for? K-1 ? Maybe not. But the RFE will have to be replied too. I would Contact the Agency that sent the RFE and have them explain.

Update your timeline please.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Yes, this is for a K-1 visa. And yes, it's like USCIS is using the pictures as an excuse and being picky. I know I need to reply to the RFE and that is why I have posted here, to try to determine the best course of action.

We have an age gap. Maybe they are worked up over that and this is their way of showing their displeasure. Who knows. It's clearly us in the pictures. Anyone know if they'll accept pics taken at a later date? I am thinking no, but that would be very nice if they'd do that. I am NOT going to lie to them. But the thought of being declined for something so stupid after months and months of waiting is just heartbreaking!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not declined.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.