8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone knows what exactly will happen now that my fiance petition has been approved and forwarded to NVC? Could I still end up recieving RFE's from them?

Edited by waiting_4_tragedy

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

At NVC, they assign a case number and run security checks. And then they mail the case out to the consulate/embassy.

Call NVC or e-mail them to know whether they have your case there and when it's been sent to the consulate/embassy. If you call, talk to a live operator. Either way, you'll need to give them your NOA1 number. The beneficiary can call too, no problems - they'll verify the beneficiary's name and birth date and the petitioner's phone number.

After that, contact the consulate/embassy you'll be going through to get to know about the case. And then... packet 3, etc.

And no, NVC doesn't issue RFEs.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

No, you won't. The NVC merely distributes K1 approved applications to the appropriate Consulate abroad for further processing.

No evaluation of your application takes place at the NVC.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NVC tends to do a background check "administrative review" then forwards it on to the consulate.

Check out the K1 flowchart to get an idea of the times involved.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

At NVC, they assign a case number and run security checks. And then they mail the case out to the consulate/embassy.

Call NVC or e-mail them to know whether they have your case there and when it's been sent to the consulate/embassy. If you call, talk to a live operator. Either way, you'll need to give them your NOA1 number. The beneficiary can call too, no problems - they'll verify the beneficiary's name and birth date and the petitioner's phone number.

After that, contact the consulate/embassy you'll be going through to get to know about the case. And then... packet 3, etc.

And no, NVC doesn't issue RFEs.

As far as I know the NVC does not "run security checks". The USCIS completed your security check prior to the NVC transfer.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I recall the process to be for K1'ers......

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
As far as I know the NVC does not "run security checks". The USCIS completed your security check prior to the NVC transfer.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I recall the process to be for K1'ers......

They do run security checks. See: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

But in most cases it doesn't take long at all and your case is fast fowarded to the embassy.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you all for your input. I'm not worried about the Security Checks...I know everything will check out ok! I was worried about recieving RFE's hehe

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.