Ash&Dave

I 693, Do we need to have that filled out

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, as I mentioned above, I had my K1 medical done in Toronto back in Sep 2011, the K1 visa was issued with no problems, now that we've been married for a month, we are trying to figure out if we need to take the medical documents to a Civil surgeon here in the US and have them fill out I 693 Form.

According to the instructions on I 485, if your medical was done within the past year, then you don't need to fill out I 693.

My Vaccination Documentation Medical worksheet Two from PANEL PHYSICIANS in Toronto (which I think USCIS refers to as the VACCINATION SUPPLEMENT or form 3032) says under RESULTS:

-Application may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated below:

-Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because

vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above).

Those two check boxes above under Results are checked, does that mean I met all the Vaccination requirements for the purpose of AOS, or should I still go ahead and have a civil surgeon look at it? ANy help would be much appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless the vaccination sheet has " incomplete - insufficient time interval for vaccinations " on it you should not need a 693 done up. Sounds like you are good to go from your explanation.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Read through this post to know whether or not you need to see a CS for the I-693 or not: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

(That post, or a similar one by Nich-Nick, should really be a sticky.)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, as I mentioned above, I had my K1 medical done in Toronto back in Sep 2011, the K1 visa was issued with no problems, now that we've been married for a month, we are trying to figure out if we need to take the medical documents to a Civil surgeon here in the US and have them fill out I 693 Form.

According to the instructions on I 485, if your medical was done within the past year, then you don't need to fill out I 693.

My Vaccination Documentation Medical worksheet Two from PANEL PHYSICIANS in Toronto (which I think USCIS refers to as the VACCINATION SUPPLEMENT or form 3032) says under RESULTS:

-Application may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated below:

-Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because

vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above).

Those two check boxes above under Results are checked, does that mean I met all the Vaccination requirements for the purpose of AOS, or should I still go ahead and have a civil surgeon look at it? ANy help would be much appreciated!

I asked this same question and had the exact same notes as you show above on mine. My research indicated that these notes are how it is supposed to look. You do NOT need a 693. You had all your proper shots and you just send a copy of the vaccination sheet with your 485 to be on the safe side. (I'm told they already have that sheet as well). You are good to go. :)

Timeline

I asked this same question and had the exact same notes as you show above on mine. My research indicated that these notes are how it is supposed to look. You do NOT need a 693. You had all your proper shots and you just send a copy of the vaccination sheet with your 485 to be on the safe side. (I'm told they already have that sheet as well). You are good to go. :)

Hey guys, I just noticed that I didn't get the flu shot back in September (as it wasn't Fall when I had the exam done in Toronto). The Vaccination Document has NOT FALL (Flu season) marked under influenza (flu).

Could they possibly ask for a flu shot now when I send in the AOS paperwork as it's the Flu season now and I can potentially walk into any Walgreens and get a flu shot!

Frostiana and Inky, did you guys get the Flu shot after arriving in the US and updated that sheet or did you send it the way it was?

I really don't think it would matter, but I don't want to have to deal with an RFE just because a stupid flu shot!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys, I just noticed that I didn't get the flu shot back in September (as it wasn't Fall when I had the exam done in Toronto). The Vaccination Document has NOT FALL (Flu season) marked under influenza (flu).

Could they possibly ask for a flu shot now when I send in the AOS paperwork as it's the Flu season now and I can potentially walk into any Walgreens and get a flu shot!

Frostiana and Inky, did you guys get the Flu shot after arriving in the US and updated that sheet or did you send it the way it was?

I really don't think it would matter, but I don't want to have to deal with an RFE just because a stupid flu shot!!

It was not flu season when you got your vaccinations so you do not need to get it. Your vaccines were complete at the time of your medical.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll second that you don't need to get the flu shot now if it wasn't applicable at the time of your medical. Jenni didn't get her flu shot and we just had our interview and all was good.

-Paul & Jenni

Timeline

It was not flu season when you got your vaccinations so you do not need to get it. Your vaccines were complete at the time of your medical.

I'll second that you don't need to get the flu shot now if it wasn't applicable at the time of your medical. Jenni didn't get her flu shot and we just had our interview and all was good.

Thank you all for the information, we feel a lot better now :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Ash&Dave,

I'm in the same situation as you guys. Just wanted to follow up and make sure it was ok to submit just your vaccination documentation from Toronto, or if they ended up needing anything else...

Thanks in advance.

Thank you all for the information, we feel a lot better now :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-26
Interview Date : 2011-12-16 - approved!!
---------------------------------------
POE Niagara Falls : 2012-01-01
Married in our house, Winthrop, MA : 2012-03-04
AOS/AP/EAD sent : 2012-05-10
AOS approved : 2013-03-29

Removal of Conditions approved: 2016-01-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.