shosurplussales

i-129f question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just a quick question, on the i-129f do you have to sign your full name..first middle and last or do you have to put your signature on it, as like you would do on a check?

i did not sign my middle name, i never do on any thing. will this affect my i-129F or will i be ok ?

K-1 TIMELINE

INTERVIEW SUCCESSFULL MAY 2, 2007

MAY 3, 2007 FOUND OUT VISA IS PENDING SECURITY CLEARENCE

MAY 4, 2007 VISA AND PASSPORT RECIEVED VIA COURIER YA-ALI MADAT

FIONCE ARRIVAL INTO USA MAY 9, 2007 VIA POE ATLANTA, HARTSFIELD

MAY 11, 2007 APPLIED FOR SS NUMBER

MARRIED MAY 14, 2007 CIVIL COURT CEREMONY

PREPARING AOS PAPERWORK

AOS TIMELINE

SUBMITTED I-485 AND I-785 MAY 31, 2007

USPS CONFIRMATION AOS PAPERWORK RECIEVED JULY 1, 2007

RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND NUMBER JULY 7, 2007

AOS and EAD CHECKS CASHED JULY 8, 2007

JUNE 6TH NOA1 FOR I-765 AND I-486

JUNE 11TH RECIEVED HARD COPY NOA1

JUNE 16, 2007 Recieved Biometrics APPT. letter

JULY 6, 2007 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT 10:00 am Completed

Touched July 6th for I-485 and I-765

RFE FOR AOS july 11, 2007 affidavit of support

Interview date for Green card on november 29.2007

shosurplussales,

No individual can provide 100% assurance on the quirks of the immigration process.

With that said, the majority of petitioners sign their name, as you suggested. Normal signature, however you usually sign your name.

My signature has my middle initial only, no RFE on that. Approved.

Don't worry about it.

Just a quick question, on the i-129f do you have to sign your full name..first middle and last or do you have to put your signature on it, as like you would do on a check?

i did not sign my middle name, i never do on any thing. will this affect my i-129F or will i be ok ?

Edited by William33

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can't speak for everyone, and I do know that people have been issued RFEs (or had the packet entirely sent back) for signatures because they were illegible. However, my fiance's signature is like "squiggle, similar squiggle" and mine is pretty much "Alz," which, incidentally, is not my initials. We didn't get our packet sent back.

Is the main thing here consistency?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well my signature is my first and last name pretty much printed out..its very legible, and my fionces is her first initial and her last name

should i be ok? everything is consistant and legible

Edited by shosurplussales

K-1 TIMELINE

INTERVIEW SUCCESSFULL MAY 2, 2007

MAY 3, 2007 FOUND OUT VISA IS PENDING SECURITY CLEARENCE

MAY 4, 2007 VISA AND PASSPORT RECIEVED VIA COURIER YA-ALI MADAT

FIONCE ARRIVAL INTO USA MAY 9, 2007 VIA POE ATLANTA, HARTSFIELD

MAY 11, 2007 APPLIED FOR SS NUMBER

MARRIED MAY 14, 2007 CIVIL COURT CEREMONY

PREPARING AOS PAPERWORK

AOS TIMELINE

SUBMITTED I-485 AND I-785 MAY 31, 2007

USPS CONFIRMATION AOS PAPERWORK RECIEVED JULY 1, 2007

RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND NUMBER JULY 7, 2007

AOS and EAD CHECKS CASHED JULY 8, 2007

JUNE 6TH NOA1 FOR I-765 AND I-486

JUNE 11TH RECIEVED HARD COPY NOA1

JUNE 16, 2007 Recieved Biometrics APPT. letter

JULY 6, 2007 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT 10:00 am Completed

Touched July 6th for I-485 and I-765

RFE FOR AOS july 11, 2007 affidavit of support

Interview date for Green card on november 29.2007

There was a topic about this a little while back, so you might find something helpful here-- the opinions seemed to differ, some people thought it would definately get you an RFE, while others who sign their name differently have been approved with no RFE about it. My fiance signs the way yours does-- A. Lastname, while I sign mine Angela M. Lastname.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=25508&hl=

Hope that helps!

Edited by jezebelseven
UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.