michellek1976

We've reached Day 200!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I know how you feel Michelle, I'm at 207 as of the end of Sept.

My anger at this pathetic Govt has no limits right now. I'm with my fiance at the moment, until Monday.

I'd almost feel better if I had recieved another RFE. What's holding it up now???

INCOMPETANCE!!!!!!! There is NO excuse for this shiit. NONE

No touches since Sept 6. VSC is approving ones sent AFTER that!!!!! #######!!!!

My Congressman's office is Inquiring. Big Deal The woman there doesn't care unless you're Mexican!!!! WHY?

Becoz she's Mexican!

She blows off other countries.

AAAARGH!!!!!

All I wanted was to give my fiance good news while I was here with her!

And CSC can't even get it done now after 207 friggin days.

Hornet,

I understand your frustration and anger 100% since I waited 168 days. Almost every caught up in IMBRA had a somewhat similar experience and feels for you. At the same time, your comment that the woman from the congressman's office doesn't care unless you're Mexican was extremely insensitive given that E&K are dealing with an I-129F FOR MEXICO.

The truth is that your congressman's office cannot choose NOT to help you based on where the beneficiary is located. However, congressmen don't often have a lot of experience with I-129Fs and don't understand the process. I had ZERO assistance from my congressman's office (and I live in a city of over 1 million Mexicans). In fact, the staffer swore to me that the typical wait time for processing was one and a half years. I didn't bother wasting my time trying to explain the truth to her.

My suggestion for you is to contact your State Senators - both of them. Go to the section of their website for "constituent's services" and download and fill out the privacy form. If you search here on VJ you will find several excellent examples of "form" letters to use to send (texasseoul's comes to mind) and you can also print out Gary C's updated timeline. This serves as excellent proof of the inequity in processing times. Also keep in mind that elected officials can make officials inquiries and put pressure on the service center to act, but they don't have much more power than that. That's why giving them a lot of evidence seems to be helpful. If you find that one location of your senator's office is not helpful or not aware of the impact of IMBRA, I would recommend NOT wasting your time educating them. Instead, find another person in a different location who knows more. Many of us had to contact 3 or 4 different offices before we found help. It's a sad commentary on the state of those offices, but at this point all you need is help so try to put that part aside and push forward with finding someone who can truly assist you and force some action.

Best of luck to you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.