AFQuaid

POE, immigrants directed to specific area?room? line?

4 posts in this topic

Hiya,

I was wondering when you arrive in the United States do you need to go to a certain line/room/area if you're a visa holder (K-1 in my case)? I am travelling with my parents, they're going via the visa waiver programme and I'm entering with the K-1. Will we get seperated at any point because I'd need to go to a different line/area/room?

I'm a *tad* worried about this because of the whole assistance thing. Last time I arrived in the US on a visit (which was via the visa waiver programme) my wheelchair wasn't at the gate it was all the way at baggage in which I had to be wheeled by my parents all the way through San Francisco Airport to claim. Obviously if I need to be seperated from them because we're both entering via different means and I'm in an airline wheelchair it's going to present a problem. Do they allow your relatives to enter whatever it is (a line/area/department/room) for new immigrants or not? The airline cannot ensure my wheelchair will be delivered to the gate it depends on the day. So I'm just trying to be prepared.

Fioa

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Hiya,

I was wondering when you arrive in the United States do you need to go to a certain line/room/area if you're a visa holder (K-1 in my case)? I am travelling with my parents, they're going via the visa waiver programme and I'm entering with the K-1. Will we get seperated at any point because I'd need to go to a different line/area/room?

I'm a *tad* worried about this because of the whole assistance thing. Last time I arrived in the US on a visit (which was via the visa waiver programme) my wheelchair wasn't at the gate it was all the way at baggage in which I had to be wheeled by my parents all the way through San Francisco Airport to claim. Obviously if I need to be seperated from them because we're both entering via different means and I'm in an airline wheelchair it's going to present a problem. Do they allow your relatives to enter whatever it is (a line/area/department/room) for new immigrants or not? The airline cannot ensure my wheelchair will be delivered to the gate it depends on the day. So I'm just trying to be prepared.

Fioa

Not sure if I am able to help. I came through the SFO POE with my parents and sister. We went through the same line with no problems.

Good luck!

sincerely,

Miwa's wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nice signature :goofy:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.