I Love Islam

Clarifying the I-130 Process....

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello All,

Let me see if I got this down....lol. Once we get our I-130 Approved NOA2. I will be notified by mail, I (Petitioner) will receive a packet from NVC to submit I-864 and my husband will be receiving a packet to complete his Medical and Police Certificate. Once I'm done gathering everything for the I-864, I can mail all evidence documents back to NVC in NH. I do not have to wait on my husband's paperwork to be completed because he'll mail his paperwork to the US Embassy. When my I-864 is Approved, NVC will forward our case and paperwork to Tunisia. Did I miss anything??

Anything else required in my I-864EZ Packet??

- $88.00 Fee

- I-864EZ Form

- 3 most recents checkstubs

- 2011 Federal Taxes and W2's

- Employer Verification Letter

Would I have to submit 2010 and 2009 Federal Taxes too??

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Meaning: "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

Let me see if I got this down....lol. Once we get our I-130 Approved NOA2. I will be notified by mail, I (Petitioner) will receive a packet from NVC to submit I-864 and my husband will be receiving a packet to complete his Medical and Police Certificate. Once I'm done gathering everything for the I-864, I can mail all evidence documents back to NVC in NH. I do not have to wait on my husband's paperwork to be completed because he'll mail his paperwork to the US Embassy. When my I-864 is Approved, NVC will forward our case and paperwork to Tunisia. Did I miss anything??

Anything else required in my I-864EZ Packet??

- $88.00 Fee

- I-864EZ Form

- 3 most recents checkstubs

- 2011 Federal Taxes and W2's

- Employer Verification Letter

Would I have to submit 2010 and 2009 Federal Taxes too??

If you wait for our government to mail anything you will waste at least 6 weeks.

Did you fill out the form with email addresses? I got email when it was approved and I checked the uscis website often. I set up email alerts thru their website so they would email me the approval.

When are you visiting him again? I had my husband fill out the forms with me and I took them back to USA with me. So when I got the NOA2 everything worked out perfectly. I had him get his military and police cert while we were together and it expires in 3 months in egypt. We agreed it would be best to get it then and maybe get another one in 3 months if we did not get NOA2 by the time it expired. I left him august 29th and got noa2 1 month later so I had all documents ready for NVC way before they gave me my numbers on the phone. you need NVC number, Invoice number and need to give your email addresses again.

I completed NVC in 13 days from the date I finally got my numbers. (It took 19 days for me to get my numbers but now people are waiting a month)

Please search VJ for LingChes shortcuts. Most of it still pertains. Study it often and be prepared. Do not rely on VJ members to just tell you what to do next. Be proactive! lol It makes things much quicker. Some people stay at NVC about 2 months and others can stay there a year.

Good luck!! please read and read alot.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Study all the links in post #1 at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344988-nvc-filers-january-2012/

Nowish. Thanks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

If you wait for our government to mail anything you will waste at least 6 weeks.

Did you fill out the form with email addresses? I got email when it was approved and I checked the uscis website often. I set up email alerts thru their website so they would email me the approval.

When are you visiting him again? I had my husband fill out the forms with me and I took them back to USA with me. So when I got the NOA2 everything worked out perfectly. I had him get his military and police cert while we were together and it expires in 3 months in egypt. We agreed it would be best to get it then and maybe get another one in 3 months if we did not get NOA2 by the time it expired. I left him august 29th and got noa2 1 month later so I had all documents ready for NVC way before they gave me my numbers on the phone. you need NVC number, Invoice number and need to give your email addresses again.

I completed NVC in 13 days from the date I finally got my numbers. (It took 19 days for me to get my numbers but now people are waiting a month)

Please search VJ for LingChes shortcuts. Most of it still pertains. Study it often and be prepared. Do not rely on VJ members to just tell you what to do next. Be proactive! lol It makes things much quicker. Some people stay at NVC about 2 months and others can stay there a year.

Good luck!! please read and read alot.

Yes, we're preparing our packets and everything. I'm visiting my husband in April, I'm pretty sure we'll be completing our documents together and being proactive like you said.. Yes, I'm doing a lot of reading on my own trying to get familiar with the process. Thanks so much for your reply.. :thumbs:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Meaning: "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and His blessings".

Filed: Timeline

Yes, we're preparing our packets and everything. I'm visiting my husband in April, I'm pretty sure we'll be completing our documents together and being proactive like you said.. Yes, I'm doing a lot of reading on my own trying to get familiar with the process. Thanks so much for your reply.. :thumbs:

Just a heads up regarding the B3 or "police certificate" - In 2007/2008 when we processed our paperwork it was taking a few weeks to get a B3. At that time it was unheard of as it use to take only a few days. Around 2010 it was taking more like 3-4 weeks in some places. Post revolution the place is a mess and a B3 could take one week to 6 weeks or more (If you know someone or possibly bribe someone it can move faster) If you're wanting to take his B3 home with you after your trip, you may want to have him request it now so that it is ready when you get there. Further after he requests it, if he should get it before you arrive, he could do the translation as well and it will be ready to go when you get there. That is if you're needing it at this step of the process.

When you get one for the interview the very minute you find out the date of your interview, have him go and ask for the B3 right away. If you wanted to be super proactive - when your case is already at NVC and you're close to 'the end' Have him request one. If you get lucky and you move quickly from NVC to the embassy and they have an available appointment sooner rather than later, you'll be ready to go and not freaking out about a B3 that is not ready. They will not give him the visa in his passport until he has the B3. They will interview him, approve him, and tell him to come back with the B3 and they'll trade him for the visa. The B3 for the interview has to be as new as it can be (w/in 30 days or sooner) No need for translations on the B3 he will take to the interview.

Filed: Timeline

Also unless something has changed (I've not heard that it has) The doctor who does his medical will send his exam info right to the Embassy. He will not touch it or do anything. You can't schedule a doctors appointment though until you know the date of the interview. As soon as you know the date, he can call the doctor to get an appointment. 95% of the doctors are in Tunis that the embassy approves. There should be a list of civil surgeons on the embassy's website (I think its there as a pdf you can download) After his interview if he is approved they will give him an envelope with the visa and tell him not to open it - he is to keep it unopened and give it to the customs agents at the first US airport he arrives at. Its a large envelope - I believe xrays, medical results, etc. After he gives that to the customs at the airport he won't get it back. But they aren't going to be happy if he has opened it.

He will take the new B3 to the interview. So neither of those things are things he 'mails' to the embassy. I can't think of anything he would mail them. He will get a letter in the mail from the Embassy about his interview and such but it will be so late. My husband got this mailing 3 days before his interview - I had gotten it over a month before the interview. You can fax or scan/email this as it is his 'ticket' into the embassy on the day of his interview. If his official letter makes it to him before the interview -that's great and he can take them both but just in case he will have the one you sent him. You will definitely get that before he does.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have you changed your mind yet, about waiting on postal notification from NVC, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.