Heliosphan

Do interview times matter?

15 posts in this topic

I know I'm probably just thinking too hard but are interviews scheduled in any particular way during the day? Like the more difficult cases early in the morning or later in the day?

Also, is there a chance you'd get the Oath Letter the same day if you have the interview in the morning? I've got an 8:10am interview at Federal Plaza and just curious. NY seems to go either way with its IOs, some are nice and some just plain hostile it seems.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

I don't think they schedule interviews in any particular order. When I went Jan 4th people were scheduled at segmented times to come and when a backlog happened they had us waiting. Luckily I arrived 40 minutes early due to traffic and by 10:15 my interview process was complete and I left the building. As for your District Office as with all offices around the country it's always a hit or miss and you never know what kind of IO you will get until they call your name and you sit down with the person. When I started going through the application with the IO who was handling my interview I was dead scared I didn't want to say anything stupid or make myself seem like a shady character but luckily the entire process went smooth and then the English and Civics questions came up. To be honest as a college student who had studied government quite in depth I felt stupid taking the test but the questions can seem tough so just do your best and best of luck to you and hope you get to walk across that stage soon!!!

Citizenship

14/09/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

19/09/2011 - N400 Packet received

18/09/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

10/10/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

19/09/2011 - NOA received for N400

14/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/11/2011 - Biometrics taken

03/11/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

17/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

02/12/2011 - Interview letter sent

04/12/2011 - Interview letter received

04/01/2012 - Interview

17/01/2012 - Oath letter sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ha, just seems to me, the further you live away from your local field office, the earlier your appointment, four biometric appointments, three interviews and one oath ceremony at 8-9:00 AM can't be a coincidence. Had to get up at 1-2:00 AM to be there on time.

Field offices and consulates always have to be downtown someplace with no parking spaces. When gas was $4.50 a gallon, was barely any rush hour traffic so got there two hours earlier, just had to wait. But you don't dare be one second late, can be rejected. Never did we meet at the appointed time, longest wait was 3 1/2 hours with nothing to do except to stare at a portrait of George W. Bush, that was pure torture. Don't dare drink any coffee, if you leave for just a minute to use the restroom, that is exactly when you will be called in.

What really kills me, is having to be super nice with a smile on my face and be very polite.

I know I'm probably just thinking too hard but are interviews scheduled in any particular way during the day? Like the more difficult cases early in the morning or later in the day?

Also, is there a chance you'd get the Oath Letter the same day if you have the interview in the morning? I've got an 8:10am interview at Federal Plaza and just curious. NY seems to go either way with its IOs, some are nice and some just plain hostile it seems.

Where in NY do u live? I just sent back my biometric letter to reschedule cuz I can't go next week. I live in Astoria and according to the letter I had to go somewhere in long island city for the fingerprints.. By the way everything is going really fast..

Ha, just seems to me, the further you live away from your local field office, the earlier your appointment, four biometric appointments, three interviews and one oath ceremony at 8-9:00 AM can't be a coincidence. Had to get up at 1-2:00 AM to be there on time.

Field offices and consulates always have to be downtown someplace with no parking spaces. When gas was $4.50 a gallon, was barely any rush hour traffic so got there two hours earlier, just had to wait. But you don't dare be one second late, can be rejected. Never did we meet at the appointed time, longest wait was 3 1/2 hours with nothing to do except to stare at a portrait of George W. Bush, that was pure torture. Don't dare drink any coffee, if you leave for just a minute to use the restroom, that is exactly when you will be called in.

What really kills me, is having to be super nice with a smile on my face and be very polite.

I am tempted to agree with you. When I did my AOS, I lived 4-5 hours away from the office (in another state) and had an early morning appt I had to get up in the wee hours. My biometrics were at a different office in yet another state and I had an 8 am and had to leave really early but that was like 2-3 hrs away. Actually I was caught in morning traffic in that city and was a bit late but they didn't make a fuss out of it - that was the biometrics.

Now my office is 15mins from my place, 3mins from my office and I have a late afternoon apt.

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Where in NY do u live? I just sent back my biometric letter to reschedule cuz I can't go next week. I live in Astoria and according to the letter I had to go somewhere in long island city for the fingerprints.. By the way everything is going really fast..

They just opened a new USCIS field office in Queens in LIC so this is in addition to the Federal Plaza.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

If you can't do it on the day you are scheduled, you can always try to do a walk in. If you have a copy of the biometrics letter, just walk in and try to have it on a day when you can go. Sometimes the rescheduling can take months.

To the OP:

I think the appointment time only matters to the offices where they have same day oath coz if you have a morning interview and pass, most likely your oath will be in the afternoon on the same day.

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

If you can't do it on the day you are scheduled, you can always try to do a walk in. If you have a copy of the biometrics letter, just walk in and try to have it on a day when you can go. Sometimes the rescheduling can take months.

To the OP:

I think the appointment time only matters to the offices where they have same day oath coz if you have a morning interview and pass, most likely your oath will be in the afternoon on the same day.

. I sent it yesterday.. I hope it doesn't take months.. Edited by Alaskan

I live in Brooklyn. With the new center opened up in Queens the wait should be a lot shorter for all NYers. Usually it takes about 6 months in NY.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

About four years and longer ago, was taking 18-24 months for processing the N-400, really got bad right before the USCIS decided to more than double the fees.

Have to contribute that to our poor economic conditions, ha, even know of illegals going back to find work. Some of my wife's friends returned to their home countries after being naturalized, working their butts off here paying exorbitant FICA, property, sales, and income taxes plus having a huge chunk of what's left for health insurance costs. Just working for the government. One did come back, with the Euro problems in Spain, even worse.

What, ours streets are not paved with gold? Potholes is more like it with gasoline taxes eleven times higher when this once great country could built an entire interstate system for a nickela gallon. Now can't even fill up a pothole.

About four years and longer ago, was taking 18-24 months for processing the N-400, really got bad right before the USCIS decided to more than double the fees.

Have to contribute that to our poor economic conditions, ha, even know of illegals going back to find work. Some of my wife's friends returned to their home countries after being naturalized, working their butts off here paying exorbitant FICA, property, sales, and income taxes plus having a huge chunk of what's left for health insurance costs. Just working for the government. One did come back, with the Euro problems in Spain, even worse.

What, ours streets are not paved with gold? Potholes is more like it with gasoline taxes eleven times higher when this once great country could built an entire interstate system for a nickela gallon. Now can't even fill up a pothole.

The situation worldwide is really bad. I won't move to Spain is not that good the situation over there. I know many ppl that are leaving Spain and going back to their country (part of my family include) "el horno no esta para galletitas". And here is not any better.. Since I got here I haven't been able to find a decent job.. Just temporary stuff.. Thank God my hubby has a good job.

To the OP:

So these offices do not schedule pple in the afternoon? I don't think so.

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Actually they do. When I naturalized in Atlanta in 2009, my appointment time was at 12:30pm and by the time I finished the interview, I was approved but I had to come back the next day as the oath ceremony had already started when I completed my interview.

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.