alix

Packet 3 and 4 for CR1

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone! :luv:

Can someone tell me what comes on Packet 3 and 4 for CR1´s? Has anyone sent the consulate forms and documents before they actually received the Packets? I´ve been searching and can´t find this info for CR1. I´ve seen a lot of K1 and K3 people giving this info.I´m just curious because I´m waiting for mine!

Alix :star:

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Each embassy or consulate may do things differently but here is what we got in packet 3.5.

This packet asked the following information:

1. Form DS-230 Part I and II

2. (a) Birth certificate (original and one photocopy)

(B) English translations (same)

3. (a) Marriage certificate (original and one photocopy)

4. (a) Death certificate (original and one photocopy)

5. (a) Divorce Cerficate if previously married. (original and one photocopy)

6. (a) Applicants who have submitted Affidavit of Support to the National Visa Center must submit in writing that the submission was already made.

(B) If not you must submit Original Form I-864 and if need of co sponsor theirs as well and all supporting documents.

7. Photocopy of your passport (Valid for one year from teh anticipated visa interview date)

8. Medical Examination Report (Must be preformed by one of the listed approved panel physicans in booklet)

9. Photographs (Two according to specifications in your booklet)

10. (a) Police Certificate from your local police jurisdiction

(B) Police Certificate from all countries where you have lived for one year or more since the age of 16 (note this does not apply to the USA or Afghanistan)

Mary

Packet four is the interview date letter. Good luck.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Did you also get the DS-2001? Did you have to return it to the consulate?

Alix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I do not see the listing for any DS-2001 in our packet. Like I said all consulates may operate differently. I copied the listing from my husbands packet. I know on the DS-230 you submit part 1 in USA and then you have to resubmit another part 1 with packet 3.5 to the embassy.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

alix

What once was issued by the consulate as packet 3 is now handled at the NVC level for CR-1 via the various forms/bills including the DS-230. What one receives from the consulate (formerly known as packet 4) is now called an interview packet. You will receive the interview packet once your interview has been scheduled.

Generally in the interview packet there will be a letter with interview time & date, police certificate & medical instructions, DS-230, list of documents that need to be taken to the interview.

If you are/were required to submit both parts I & II of the DS-230 (part II unsigned) and all the documents requested, then most of what will be on the generic list in the interview packet will be ignored as they have already been submitted to NVC.

DS-2001 (Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness for Interview) is generally no longer in use for those that have applied for a visa through NVC as once the case is received by the consulate they are aware that all appropriate documents etc have been submitted and that the applicant is ready for the interview. Its automatic. The DS-2001 is still used for K visa applicants and those applying for immigrant visa via DCF as the applications are made to the consulate, not the NVC.

You can read a discussion on the DS-2001 HERE if you are interested.

As for your question on whether you can submit forms and documents to the consulate prior to receiving packets. You will have already submitted to the NVC all that is required. Any other forms/documents listed as required in the interview packet, not already submitted to NVC, will need to be submitted at the interview.

I think I recall Manila varying in the packets sent to the applicant from the consulate but dont quote me on that. Otherwise the above generally applies. Consulates will vary in their Interview Packet intstructions so just make sure that you comply with any specific requests.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thank you all for your responses.

I just assumed (!!!) that I had a packet 3 because of the Consulate website. It doesn´t say whether it is for K1 or K3 or CR1/IR1.

I sent the NVC the DS-230 part I and the copy of my passport´s biographical page, nothing else. Anyways, I guess they will just contact me asking for the rest of the things, if they need it before the interview.

Thanks again!

And if there´s someone there with a similar experience, please share it with me!

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Thank you all for your responses.

I just assumed (!!!) that I had a packet 3 because of the Consulate website. It doesn´t say whether it is for K1 or K3 or CR1/IR1.

I sent the NVC the DS-230 part I and the copy of my passport´s biographical page, nothing else. Anyways, I guess they will just contact me asking for the rest of the things, if they need it before the interview.

Thanks again!

And if there´s someone there with a similar experience, please share it with me!

From the US Consulate Costa Rica website for immigrant visas.....

The Third Step: Gathering Documents and Preparing for the Immigrant Visa Interview

Once you have received the "Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants," the intending immigrant (your relative) must follow the instructions regarding visa fees and documentation. Do not send any payments to the Portsmouth, NH address, as they will be returned to you. Send the payment and fee bill(s) to the St. Louis, MO address provided by the National Visa Center.

When the Center has received your immigrant visa fee, you will be sent the immigrant visa application (Form DS-230, part I) along with further instructions.

Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants = what was known as the packet 3 prior to NVC taking over this part of the process.

The Fourth Step: The Immigrant Visa Interview

When the U.S. Embassy in San Jose has received your immigrant visa case from the National Visa Center, the Immigrant Visa (IV) unit will send you a packet of information including a checklist of required documents.

This packet is what is known as the 'Interview Packet'

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thanks again!

Hey, I forgot to ask....I do need a Police Certificate from the Netherlands. I wrote an e-mail to the consulate and they told me that they´d request one for me once they got my case. I have to send them a form with my info from when I lived in the Netherlands.

What should I do?

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Thanks again!

Hey, I forgot to ask....I do need a Police Certificate from the Netherlands. I wrote an e-mail to the consulate and they told me that they´d request one for me once they got my case. I have to send them a form with my info from when I lived in the Netherlands.

What should I do?

Follow their instructions. Police records will only be supplied from the Netherlands from a direct request from the consulate.

POLICE RECORD

Available. Police records will not be provided by Dutch police to individuals requesting them, but may be requested by bona fide applicants for immigrant visas through the United States Consulate where visa application is made. Dutch police will not provide arrest and conviction records for outside posts unless requests for such records are routed through the Consulate General in Amsterdam in a VISAS ALPHA message. United States consular officers should require the police certificate of good conduct issued by the Ministry of Justice of The Netherlands. Certificates of good conduct (Bewijs van Goed Gedrag) issued by municipalities should not be accepted.

Approximately four weeks are required to obtain the certificate from The Netherlands Government, provided there is no derogatory information concerning the applicant. In cases where there is derogatory information it will take up to two months before the record is received at the Consulate General in Amsterdam. The certificate, which is in the Dutch language, covers criminal investigation only. Criminal records are expunged twenty years following termination of the case (i.e., after service of any prison sentence) provided no other offense is committed in the interim.

These certificates may be used only in processing visa applications and may not be given to the applicant or to a private individual. If there is criminal information, it may be shown on the front or reverse of the certificate, or in some cases only on the reverse of one copy of the certificate. The visa applicant may not be informed of the source of any derogatory information contained in the police certificate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/Country%20Folder/N/Netherlands.htm

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.