ilovejackie

k1 visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi, Me and my Fiance are about to file K1 visa. He is in USA, what do i need to get from the Philippines?

Yes, your fiance will have to start the process by filing from the States and the K1 flow chart will give you a list of everything he will need to send for approval. once the K1 is approved the case will be sent to the Embassy of your country and they will provide you with a packet that will tell you what additional information is needed for the interview.

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, your fiance will have to start the process by filing from the States and the K1 flow chart will give you a list of everything he will need to send for approval. once the K1 is approved the case will be sent to the Embassy of your country and they will provide you with a packet that will tell you what additional information is needed for the interview.

Hope this helps!

thanks a lot! :thumbs:

here's where to start...

VJ K-1 Guide... http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

K1 visa checklist from application to interview:

I. The petitioner must be:

a. natural born U.S. citizen,

b. naturalized US Citizen

c. Born outside US but with US Citizen parents

II. Requirements in Filing K1 visa

for petitioner

1. I-129F [type legibly, if not applicable put N/A]

2. Letter of intent to marry

3. Birth certificate

4. Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A

5. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph.

6. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met. e.i Pictures, photocopy of Receipt, photocopy of Boarding pass.

7. FEE of $170

If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior

marriage was legally terminated.

for petitionee

1. letter of intent to marry

2. Birth certificate

3. Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A

4. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph. * if youre from cebu i recommend COLOURS AYALA, tell them US VISA*

If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior

after you gather all the document the petitioner will file the petition.

Filing the Petition

You must file the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. See the Department of Homeland Security's USCIS Field Offices for information on where you can file the petition. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e).

sample: you can revised your very own letter of intent.. just basic format and wording.

LETTER OF INTENT TO MARRY

date:

I__your name____, of legal age.

I hereby certify that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry _fiancé(e)_, a U.S. citizen, within 90 days of my admission into the United States.

signed,

________

After sending the petition all you have to do is to wait. The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application.

How Long Does It Take?

The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. The time it takes each USCIS office and each consular office to process the case varies. Some cases are delayed because the applicant does not follow instructions carefully or supplies incomplete information. (It is important to give correct addresses and telephone numbers.) In addition, the embassy or consulate may need to get security clearances for the applicant. Security clearances take time.

TVISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT where you can find your Medical and Interview Schedule

III. PREPARING FOR THE MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW

MEDICAL

A. APPOINTMENT LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY

B. A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.

C. 3 pieces of 2X2 PICTURES

Passport will be sent by ST. Lukes to the Embassy.

INTERVIEW

YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING

A. Birth certificate

B. CENOMAR

C. NBI

D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]

E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]

F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

E. Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

DOCUMENTS FROM PETITIONER

A. Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support ) *NOTARIZED

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER

C. INCOME TAX RETURN

D. BANK STATEMENT

E. Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

EVIDENCE OF MEETING

A. PICTURES

B. RECEIPTS

C. BOARDING PASS

D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT

A. RECEIPT OF ENGAGEMENT RING

B. PICTURES

DONT FORGET THE PAYMENT OF $100 FOR THE VISA PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW.

Credits: Maricel

for petitioner

3. Birth certificate

6. Provide copies of evidence that you and your fiancé(e) have personally met. e.i Pictures, photocopy of Receipt, photocopy of Boarding pass.

7. FEE of $170

for petitionee

2. Birth certificate

4. Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph. * if youre from cebu i recommend COLOURS AYALA, tell them US VISA*

Filing the Petition

You must file the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. See the Department of Homeland Security's USCIS Field Offices for information on where you can file the petition. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e).

sample: you can revised your very own letter of intent.. just basic format and wording.

date:

I hereby certify that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry _fiancé(e)_, a U.S. citizen, within 90 days of my admission into the United States.

signed,

________

After sending the petition all you have to do is to wait. The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application.

How Long Does It Take?

The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. The time it takes each USCIS office and each consular office to process the case varies. Some cases are delayed because the applicant does not follow instructions carefully or supplies incomplete information. (It is important to give correct addresses and telephone numbers.) In addition, the embassy or consulate may need to get security clearances for the applicant. Security clearances take time.

TVISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT where you can find your Medical and Interview Schedule

MEDICAL

B. A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.

INTERVIEW

YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING

A. Birth certificate

B. CENOMAR

C. NBI

D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]

E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]

F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER

C. INCOME TAX RETURN

D. BANK STATEMENT

EVIDENCE OF MEETING

A. PICTURES

B. RECEIPTS

C. BOARDING PASS

D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT

B. PICTURES

this is old information. everyone would probably like if those were still the fees.

the current filing fee for the I-129f petition...$340

the current K Visa appliction fee................$350

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great Help!!! thank you so much!

for petitioner

3. Birth certificate

7. FEE of $170

for petitionee

2. Birth certificate

Filing the Petition

date:

signed,

________

How Long Does It Take?

MEDICAL

INTERVIEW

YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BRING

A. Birth certificate

B. CENOMAR

C. NBI

D. DS 156 [TWO COPY]

E. DS 156K [ONE COPY]

F. DS 157 [TWO COPY

B. EMPLOYEMENT LETTER

C. INCOME TAX RETURN

D. BANK STATEMENT

EVIDENCE OF MEETING

A. PICTURES

B. RECEIPTS

C. BOARDING PASS

D. REMITTANCES

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT

B. PICTURES

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.