RonnieKris

Interview dates

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Just wondering about the time frame for interview dates. I am asking for my wife's sister and her fiancée; they are in a holding period at the NVC. They have approval and it is close to a month now. We did ours in 2008 and the times seemed much quicker, and we set our appointments.

Can someone enlighten us about current wait times after approval for the Manila Embassy.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Just wondering about the time frame for interview dates. I am asking for my wife's sister and her fiancée; they are in a holding period at the NVC. They have approval and it is close to a month now. We did ours in 2008 and the times seemed much quicker, and we set our appointments.

Can someone enlighten us about current wait times after approval for the Manila Embassy.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Last I read of anyone recently getting a interview day that it was in February. Once they get the MNL # they can head over to BPI to pay the fee then go online and get an interview date scheduled.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They are usually a couple of weeks out of the day you call and schedule.

so Dex it is usually a couple of weeks from the time you call? thats Fast! :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

so Dex it is usually a couple of weeks from the time you call? thats Fast! :thumbs:

Yea When i called to schedule Monreal's interview is was 4 weeks out. My buddy Denver's was 3 weeks. Its not to bad of a wait. Monreal's interview was on june 22 of 2011. :)

Timeline

Last I read of anyone recently getting a interview day that it was in February. Once they get the MNL # they can head over to BPI to pay the fee then go online and get an interview date scheduled.

We were able to get our MNL# on 01/04/2012 but the NVC (still as of this am) has not sent the package to Manila. So I guess my question is if I have paid my fee to the BPI then can I set up the interview even if they have not mailed the package yet? Thanks for any and all help.

Timeline

We were able to get our MNL# on 01/04/2012 but the NVC (still as of this am) has not sent the package to Manila. So I guess my question is if I have paid my fee to the BPI then can I set up the interview even if they have not mailed the package yet? Thanks for any and all help.

YUP! You can get the medical done as well. Along with the CFO if you have a mind to.

That is a magical number.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No, you can't set an interview appointment as of this time. You need to wait NVC mail your package to Manila and be sure Manila enter your case into their system before you can set an interview appointment. In my experience we called the call center in USEM twice but they dont have an idea if where is our case but some of our Vj friends here suggested me to pay the visa fee and then try to schedule online an interview and if it pushes then thats it. Goodluck to us! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, you can't set an interview appointment as of this time. You need to wait NVC mail your package to Manila and be sure Manila enter your case into their system before you can set an interview appointment. In my experience we called the call center in USEM twice but they dont have an idea if where is our case but some of our Vj friends here suggested me to pay the visa fee and then try to schedule online an interview and if it pushes then thats it. Goodluck to us! :)

WE, in 2008 called and made the appt several days after the NVC electronically sent the information to Manila. Has anyone tried that recently? It should take 3 to 5 days via DHL for the packets to arrive At Manila Embassy; that is after the electronic packets have been sent. In 2008, the person I spoke with on the phone said they had received the electronic package, but not the hard copies and I should wait, but he scheduled us anyway.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks,

Ronnie

i called usem 01/11/12 to reschedule my fiance interview the available dates now is 1st week of feb no more slot for jan, hope this will give you a gauge regarding your question...god bless!!!!!!

Timeline

We were able to schedule ours within a week. I believe it is better to schedule online because we got to see all the days that were open. ** Make sure your fee has been paid at BPI first before trying to schedule online.** It took 24 hours for ours to register in the system. We scheduled ours in december. :thumbs:

09-16-2009 Sarah and I met online

01-20-2011 We met face-to-face for the 1st time at Cebu Mactan Airport

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

02-18-2011 I-129F NOA1 Received

02-22-2011 NOA1 hard copy received

07-19-2011 NOA2 Approved!

09-11-2011 St Luke's Med. Appt.- the dreaded 'sputum test' needed ;(

10-03-2011 'Sputum test' on the 3rd, 4th, & 5th

12-05-2011 Told sputum test was negative over the phone!

12-06-2011 Completed Sarah's medical

12-07-2011 Interview- Approved!

12-08-2011 Completed CFO seminar

12-17-2011 2go delivered the visa!

12-19-2011 CFO sticker received!

12-20-2011 Flight from Manila> Tokyo> Los Angeles> to Dallas,TX

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

As Trey says, grab your passport and a pile of cash then head over to BPI and pay your visa fee (and yes bring the MNL #), then wait a day and go online to schedule your appointment. If there is any issues the embassy website won't allow you to make the appointment, which I really doubt there will be being you have the MNL# packet is on the way!

Rock 'n' Roll!~!!!!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

This is good info. We will be getting our NOA2 in the near future, and I've been confused about this part of the process. Thanks guys.

One last question:

Does she have to pay it locally or is this something I can pay here in the States and she can print out a receipt?

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

This is good info. We will be getting our NOA2 in the near future, and I've been confused about this part of the process. Thanks guys.

One last question:

Does she have to pay it locally or is this something I can pay here in the States and she can print out a receipt?

Fiance visa filers pay via BPI; spousal visa filers pay to NVC. You pay $88 for the Affidavit of Support, and $404 for the Immigrant Visa Packet.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.