StraightShooter

Anyone successfully use composite photos?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I put together 20 pix onto 8 photo-quality 8.5x11 inch sheets and then captioned them for locations, etc. to include in my I-129F submission. I also captured screen snaps of the proposal video and included them as part of the composited photos.

Has anyone else used this technique?

Have there been any problems with this method?

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Extracting pictures from video are great if the quality is okay/good, and it shows you and your fiancee together.

20 pictures are a bunch though. I'd say one or to from engagement video to not go overboard with just one event. Hard to choose, I know :)

Printing on normal paper is to my knowledge fine - use colour copies. When writing down dates, remember to squeeze in the year too. I wrote names of the ones in picture, date/year and location so it supported primary proof such as passport stamps and ATM receipts.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Only 4 of the composited pix are screen snaps from the proposal video. The rest of the pix are digital photos with the camera date imprinted as normal. All of the pix are printed on photo quality paper, so even the screen snaps from the video look good.

Some of the composites show settings from a distance with cropped "close-ups" from the same image to clearly show my fiance and myself.

And I included 20 pix as part of the "front-loading" process that so many others have recommended.

Here's the picture and captioning concept:

cmpstxmpl.jpg

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Yes, I'd say that's sufficient. I know front loading is common with some embassies.

Bear in mind though, not only pictures count as front loading. Primary evidence too, and from ongoing relationship you might have phone calls. Before jumping the gun and printing 50 pages I'd wait and see if a fellow Vj'er having gone through that embassy has some more info about what kind of front loading.

Good luck squeezing it into an envelope and collecting everything you need : )

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

Timeline

Yes, I'd say that's sufficient. I know front loading is common with some embassies.

Bear in mind though, not only pictures count as front loading. Primary evidence too, and from ongoing relationship you might have phone calls. Before jumping the gun and printing 50 pages I'd wait and see if a fellow Vj'er having gone through that embassy has some more info about what kind of front loading.

Good luck squeezing it into an envelope and collecting everything you need : )

I've read quite a bit in the Philippines forums and it seems to be a mixed bag with regard to front-loading. Some submitted an encyclopedia while others sent minimal stuff, each with success. And others had problems, both heavy and light submitters. It all seems to literally boil down to a case by case basis at the embassy interview.

One of the pix actually is my fiance and I standing in front of city hall. I don't have any phone records, although I might be able to scrounge up a few. We tried a bunch of times to talk on the phone, but her reception is extremely poor. Never did manage more than about 5 minutes as the longest call. In addition, I've printed out a number of representative emails and screen snaps from Yahoo Messenger conversations as part of the evidence. Maybe I should beef those up, since they're our primary contact method. Of course, I have 15 pages of receipts comprising 50 items from my trip, with boarding passes, etc. included as part of the package. My dad used to say..."if some is good, more is better and too much is just right!" :rofl:

As for organizing... right now I have the evidence subdivided into labeled manila clasp envelopes, which I was planning on tying together once I have it all compiled, then putting everything into the shipping envelope.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

The photos are good but i would for sure add some phone bills and hand written letters with postmarked envelopes if you have them, good luck on your journey!

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Many people have. It is fine provided all the photos are legible. If they become so small you cannot tell what they are it is useless.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I've read quite a bit in the Philippines forums and it seems to be a mixed bag with regard to front-loading. Some submitted an encyclopedia while others sent minimal stuff, each with success. And others had problems, both heavy and light submitters. It all seems to literally boil down to a case by case basis at the embassy interview.

One of the pix actually is my fiance and I standing in front of city hall.

Great you know your stuff :) As far as a picture of you in front of city hall, if that's a place normally thought of as getting married along with your ceremony, don't include any of it if it can be questioned. Pictures speak for themselves and it's hard to prove you didn't get married if that questions pops up at the interview.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Photos are only secondary evidence as they are easily faked.

Your primary evidence of having met in the last 2 years would be things that prove the US Citizen and Alien Fiancee were in the same country at the same time. Since she's Filipino and living in the Philippines all you need to do is prove your presence in the Philippines within the last 2 years.

Things like:

Copies of your Passport including the entry & departure stamps from Philippine Immigration.

Copies of your boarding passes for the flights. Make sure it's the boarding pass (stubs) not a receipt or itinerary. The boarding pass stub proves you got on the plane.

Receipts from ATMs, hotels or other purchases during your trip.

In the Philippines unless there is something expecially odd about your case you don't need to include anything above the requirements for the I-129f Petition.

Save the photos, chat logs, phone records & e-mails for the Embassy Interview.

Timeline

Photos are only secondary evidence as they are easily faked.

Your primary evidence of having met in the last 2 years would be things that prove the US Citizen and Alien Fiancee were in the same country at the same time. Since she's Filipino and living in the Philippines all you need to do is prove your presence in the Philippines within the last 2 years.

Things like:

Copies of your Passport including the entry & departure stamps from Philippine Immigration.

Copies of your boarding passes for the flights. Make sure it's the boarding pass (stubs) not a receipt or itinerary. The boarding pass stub proves you got on the plane.

Receipts from ATMs, hotels or other purchases during your trip.

In the Philippines unless there is something expecially odd about your case you don't need to include anything above the requirements for the I-129f Petition.

Save the photos, chat logs, phone records & e-mails for the Embassy Interview.

I guess you missed this part of my reply in post #5 above... "I have 15 pages of receipts comprising 50 items from my trip, with boarding passes, etc. included as part of the package."

I have all the so-called primary stuff covered. Those 15 pages are in addition to the photos.

As for faking.. heck, anything can be faked if a person has the right skillset.

Yes, I do have some unusual stuff with my case. Am not sure if front-loading will help, but from what I've read, it really doesn't hurt either. I've read quite a few cases on here where no evidence was examined at the interview at all. However, I can't say if it's because those cases were front-loaded or if it was completely arbitrary.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I guess you missed this part of my reply ... As for faking.. heck, anything can be faked if a person has the right skillset.

Yes, I do have some unusual stuff with my case. Am not sure if front-loading will help, but from what I've read, it really doesn't hurt either. I've read quite a few cases on here where no evidence was examined at the interview at all. However, I can't say if it's because those cases were front-loaded or if it was completely arbitrary.

Your reply comes off as if my reply offended you or something. I simply gave you a complete answer. Since another VJer called photos "Primary Evidence" felt it appropriate to make the distinction for you and anyone else who may read this tread later.

Regarding the "easy" interviews in Manila, they seem to be the rule as long as you have everything in order.

The Filipino's NBI & NSO documents are probably the most important thing for the interview. Next is having evidence of ongoing relationship. These are both things that come into play at the interview.

So I'll say it again, unless there's something seriously off about your case there really is no need for a ton of evidence and for the interview your sweetie will only need a fraction of what you've listed.

Timeline

Nope, I called "other stuff" primary evidence too but I do see how it could be misinterpreted reading back on it. My Danish way of constructing sentences is still haunting me - thankya. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I put together 20 pix onto 8 photo-quality 8.5x11 inch sheets and then captioned them for locations, etc. to include in my I-129F submission. I also captured screen snaps of the proposal video and included them as part of the composited photos.

Has anyone else used this technique?

Have there been any problems with this method?

I did the same AND has prints printed up at the local Walmart, affixed a description label onto the back and placed them into a baggy stapled to a blank sheet located just behind each composite sheet.

I also did a composite page of Skype screen captures of my fiance and her child (K-2) from some of our Skype chats.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I did the same AND has prints printed up at the local Walmart, affixed a description label onto the back and placed them into a baggy stapled to a blank sheet located just behind each composite sheet.

I also did a composite page of Skype screen captures of my fiance and her child (K-2) from some of our Skype chats.

Excellent! I see on your timeline that everything was approved in your case, so the composited pix and captioning you used worked without a hitch. Good to know. I will press forward with that method as well. Thanks!

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

...As far as a picture of you in front of city hall, if that's a place normally thought of as getting married along with your ceremony, don't include any of it if it can be questioned. Pictures speak for themselves and it's hard to prove you didn't get married if that questions pops up at the interview.

Now, that's interesting! The pic I have of us in front of city hall shows us standing outside a McDonalds at the curb with her city hall across the street behind us about 60 yards away. There are trikes and cars in the pic as well, but the sign in front of the city hall is clearly visible and readable in the composite picture. I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and she's wearing jeans and flipflops. So, hopefully that pic just shows us together in her hometown and not looking like we're getting married! :lol:

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.