beckyo

Advice for Last Visit to PH Before Marriage?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am going to the Philippines (Bacolod) March 15-April 30 to see palangga ko. This will probably be the last time I go to the Philippines before, god-willing, our visa is approved. We filed the I-129f in October, so I am hoping that we will hear something in the next month or two about our NOA2 and interview. Ideally, the interview can take place while I'm there.

I was wondering if any of you had any advice about paperwork I should prepare in advance and bring with me so we are ready for the next steps...the interview, medical, etc. While there, we are also planning to have a religious ceremony for his family and friends, since they will be unable to attend our wedding in the US. Any feedback or advice? Anyone else hoping to have their interviews during the same time period? Good luck and God bless to everyone who is or has waited for approval!

My advice: don't show the Embassy any photos of your ceremony because they might think you got legally married in the Philippines. That could cause problems.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you should give a complete copy of your I-129F packet to your beneficiary, including original receipts. Your beneficiary may need it during the Embassy interview or, as we found out, after the interview. Your beneficiary may also need it during their CFO seminar.

Have a wonderful time in Bacolod! :star:

Timeline

I myself is an October Filer as well and that's exactly what we are planning (minus reception/ceremony..lol). However without a definite date and status of the petition it's hard to make any solid plans. Well keep us posted on your plans, and maybe if all goes well we can meet up and down a few shots..to celebrate.. :rofl:

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I myself is an October Filer as well and that's exactly what we are planning (minus reception/ceremony..lol). However without a definite date and status of the petition it's hard to make any solid plans. Well keep us posted on your plans, and maybe if all goes well we can meet up and down a few shots..to celebrate.. :rofl:

Good luck!

I am on the same timeline as you and the other poster. I am returning to Davao Feb 6. Then next visit will be for interview. I thought I would do same to bring everything for interview and just in case for whatever reason I couldnt be there, hell or high water wont stop me! but without NOA2 we are in limbo. The way I see it if approval comes before much we are lucky. I would wait, gather more evidence of relationship. Last thing is you want is to have your originals and copies lost or destroyed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am going to the Philippines (Bacolod) March 15-April 30 to see palangga ko. This will probably be the last time I go to the Philippines before, god-willing, our visa is approved. We filed the I-129f in October, so I am hoping that we will hear something in the next month or two about our NOA2 and interview. Ideally, the interview can take place while I'm there.

I was wondering if any of you had any advice about paperwork I should prepare in advance and bring with me so we are ready for the next steps...the interview, medical, etc. While there, we are also planning to have a religious ceremony for his family and friends, since they will be unable to attend our wedding in the US. Any feedback or advice? Anyone else hoping to have their interviews during the same time period? Good luck and God bless to everyone who is or has waited for approval!

correction-- If we October filers see something before march we will be lucky and surprised. CSC seems stalled. I wish there was more tranpeaency in there workings, goals, quotas, manpower etc

Timeline

correction-- If we October filers see something before march we will be lucky and surprised. CSC seems stalled. I wish there was more tranpeaency in there workings, goals, quotas, manpower etc

Yes, compared to Vermont they seem to be a month behind. Oh well hang in there mah brotha! At least your going to see her again soon. good luck and enjoy your trip.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Bring any documents needed from you (tax transcripts, i-134, letter of employment, paystubs, letter of intent, copy of passport being USC, etc.). Don't sign the i-134/letter of intent until right before you return to the US so it'll be up to date if the information on it is still correct. If the interview is too far away from the other documents it's easy to send them however. If interview is right around the time you're there anyway, then you're good to go and won't be in a time crunch.

As somebody mention, pictures : ) Evidence of ongoing relationship needs to be brought to the interview.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

Bring any documents needed from you (tax transcripts, i-134, letter of employment, paystubs, letter of intent, copy of passport being USC, etc.). Don't sign the i-134/letter of intent until right before you return to the US so it'll be up to date if the information on it is still correct. If the interview is too far away from the other documents it's easy to send them however. If interview is right around the time you're there anyway, then you're good to go and won't be in a time crunch.

As somebody mention, pictures : ) Evidence of ongoing relationship needs to be brought to the interview.

Thanks so much! I figured I would need employment/tax stuff but wasn't too sure. I'm not at all worried about evidence of ongoing relationship though...I lived there for 3 years as a Peace Corps volunteer, I came home last May 2011, we talk every day, and I'm going back in March 2012. We have a LOT of evidence that our relationship is legitimate. I just can't wait to be together and married so we can move on with our lives! We both feel stuck in a rut waiting!

Timeline

Sounds good. Anything you can bring so it's not a dilemma for you once there. Glad you have your relationship evidence sorted out. I don't know if NOA2 is advised to bring to the interview but it won't hurt to have a copy of it. Regardless you'll need it later for AOS.

If you read up on what's required for AOS you could bring back some of the copies of her documents needed for AOS, only so you both have backup. I'd suggest a flash pen/USB drive to store it on(you can get some with locks on too if you prefer it that way). I had about 7 pounds of documents and papers to bring in my carry-on when moving to the US :D And bringing back some of her belongings too if you have the extra space for it.

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

Timeline

Just so you guys know...my fiance is a man. I'm a woman. I know it's pretty rare for a woman to file a K1 petition a Pinoy guy, but that's our situation (check out our picture). Hey, I figure we'll probably get interrogated and doubted less than some of the men bringing Filipinas do. Just a brief correction. Janjan is a he =)

Am I the only woman on her who filed a K1 visa for a Filipino guy?

Timeline

Just so you guys know...my fiance is a man. I'm a woman. I know it's pretty rare for a woman to file a K1 petition a Pinoy guy, but that's our situation (check out our picture). Hey, I figure we'll probably get interrogated and doubted less than some of the men bringing Filipinas do. Just a brief correction. Janjan is a he =)

Well baliktad is the word that comes to mind. :unsure::blush: But no problem, and you guys met in person before falling in love. So it should be smooth sailing.

Timeline

Darn it. Apologize! There should be a couple around. Good luck anyways :)

Timeline

Well baliktad is the word that comes to mind. :unsure::blush: But no problem, and you guys met in person before falling in love. So it should be smooth sailing.

baliktad indeed haha the tables have turned :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.