elizabeth&hisham

AOS docs submitted last August...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some support, I guess.

We submitted Hisham's AOS, AP and EAD forms last August... by which I mean August 2005. AP was approved late last year. His EAD finally showed up this April. But we have had NO action or feedback at all on his AOS since he went to get his fingerprint appointment done last November.

I've called the hotline once per month, typically, ever since February. No help, of course. We had them "run a check" on it and "issue a referral number" months ago, but no update ever came. We've done two info-pass appointments since; the first was a "just keep waiting" in May and, at the second, the NYC Federal Plaza computer system crashed right before his number came up (and after a 2 hour trip and 2 more hours of waiting). We haven't resecheduled since that happened, last month, just because taking a day off to make the trip is such a hassle. Especially when you're losing hope, you know?

We got an interview appointment letter back in April, but then a cancellation notice came. The cancellation said that a new interview date would be assigned, and that we'd be notified by mail. No mail ever came.

I don't know... This is really beginning to feel *beyond* ridiculous. But I know the system can take forever, so am I being too antsy? Should we find some way to go raise heck, or just force ourselves to keep being patient...?

I'm honestly at a loss. Just wondered what the rest of you think.

E

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow this seems like too long to wait. I'm really sorry I wish I could offer you advice I guess I would make an infopass appointment to inquire about your case. Good luck and sowy,

Sarah

E -

I am so sorry you are still going through this. To be cancelled in April to hear nothing yet is a very long time for AOS. I am not clear on your local office - your profile says Garden City? Is that NY NY? I am sure you are at this point past the current processing date. Have you tried contacting your senator or congressman? You seem stalled and again, past the current processing date. My only other suggestion would be to make another Infopass appoint :(

You definately have reason to feel *antsy*.

Good luck, its been way too long for you. (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow this seems to be a very long wait. I would make an infopass appointment.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

I am never going to complain again.

How have you coped with such an awful muck around like you have had?

My thoughts and wishes go out to you, hopefully you will hear something soon.

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks, everybody. I'm glad to know that it doesn't seem like I'm just being too impatient. I hate to complain (since we ALL know that this process sucks) but it's started to feel like we have good reason to. I'll ask H how he feels about trying another info-pass before we move on to hassling Ms. Clinton's office or something... :hehe:

E

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Thanks, everybody. I'm glad to know that it doesn't seem like I'm just being too impatient. I hate to complain (since we ALL know that this process sucks) but it's started to feel like we have good reason to. I'll ask H how he feels about trying another info-pass before we move on to hassling Ms. Clinton's office or something... :hehe:

E

look at my timelines. i am finally seeing the light though. yours will come too.

K1 process

Filed - late Oct 2004

Interview - montreal embassy - April 2005 : approved

aAOS process:

Filed AOS, EAD ,AP - Aug 19, 2005

Received Notice of Receipt - Aug 23, 2005

AP approval via email - Nov 1 touched, Nov 2 and Nov 3, 2005

AP in the mail- Nov 08, 2005

Infopass appt - Nov 25

-- informed that my EAD has already been approved!!; given appt for biometrics.

Biometrics for EAD - Nov 25, 2005

EAD email approval - Nov 29, 2005

EAD card in the mail - Nov 30, 2005

---- validity started Nov 01; means they've approved it as early as Nov 01 and further processing was stalled bec i have not done my biotmetrics ( well, how could i? they told me to wait for an appt letter from them! ) anyways, job search starts for me now.

Biometrics - April 2006

AOS Interview - Oct 2, 2006 - APPROVED

2 yr GC received 2 wks later.

751 process

Filed papers - mid Sept 2008.

Biometrics - Nov 2008

10 yrs GC received - Dec 23, 2008

Citizenhip process

Filed papers - March 26, 2010

Biometrics - late May 2010

Interview - July 14, 2010

Oath taking - July 19, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I applied for AOS at the beginning of April 2006. I have also not heard a thing about it since my biometrics were taken in May. I feel so frustrated with the system and I can only imagine how awful it must be to have been waiting since August 2005. That is absolutely absurd. I just don't understand why some cases are approved within 6 weeks and others take over a year - the facts are really no different so the "simple" case theory doesn't cut it. We have all been through the same K1 security check/interview process to get where we are.

I don't even know where my case is...still in Chicago or back in South Carolina...who knows what the f is going on....

Claire and Chris - 1st year together[br].png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.