ahlam ladida

The details on the interview

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will try to give you the details of his interview today. Mind you they have been filtered thru a very excited Moroccan. He said the interview lasted about 35 inutes. She really grilled him.... He said some of the other ones only lasted 5 or 10 minutes. He heard several people get a denial. And several receive approvals. Alot of people. Ok here is what I could get out of him.

He arrives at 7am. Appointment is at 8. He was interviewed about 10:30am. The infamous Asian lady. He said she was very polite but serious. She looked at every piece of evidence. Every photo and asked about the people in them. She read emails and chat logs. She asked about the packages and what was sent. She was pretty relentless. But my husband was quick and sure. His english is excellent and she asked where he learned to speak so well. He told her he went to school to learn. He thinks she was impressed because he has no difficulty with her questions and provided quick responses.

These are some of the questions she asked:

What does your wife do?

What do you do?

Who are the people in the pictures?

What did you send to your wife?

What did she send to you?

How many times was your wife married?

What are the names of her exhusbands?

When was her last divorce?

When did you meet your wife?

When were you married?

What were the exact dates of your wifes visit?

Does your wife have children? How many and what are their names?

Where do your wife's parents live?

What did you do when your wife was in Morocco?

Where was the wedding?

Do you talk to women online?

How to you talk to your wife?

There were more questions, but this is about the main stuff. No mention of the age difference. At the end she asked for his passport and told him she would call him next week. She gave him a paper with several boxes to check and his name and interview date at the top. The paper is pre-checked to state that once info come back from Washington DC re fingerprints then he will be contaced to return. She told him not to worry about the paper it is just to bring with him when he returns next week. I think the paper is printed and ready for each interview and then if there is a problem then the additions boxes are checked. ie the 221g. So it was good. I am very proud of him for knowing me so well and being so confident and relaxed. But now he is so excited he cant eat. With God's blessing he will be here by the end of October.

So now we are just waiting the fingerprint check and a phone call. If he gives me any more info I will post again. Much shorter post tho. :blush:

Thanks for the support,

Patti

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your husband's experience, Patti. It's so useful to those who interview after you. I found the question above to be rather interesting. I haven't heard of them asking that before.

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your husband's experience, Patti. It's so useful to those who interview after you. I found the question above to be rather interesting. I haven't heard of them asking that before.

She asked him several questions about talking online to women. He told her yes he talked to women online. He works at a Riad and talks regularly with guest that have stayed there or will be staying there. He said she was really intense on this issue. I am sure it is just because of the amount of amount of marriage surfing that goes on there.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Patti. It was very informative! I actually got butterflies reading it. I can imagine how your husband must've felt!

Abderrazzak said he felt like she really wanted to find a reason to deny him. He is so funny, I know he was sweating but claims he was all that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for sharing and congrats! I was surprised about wanting to know the names of the ex-husbands. Is that a common question?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

She even asked about my tatoos. Thats strange to me. He said yes she has 3 tatoos and one is my name in arabic. She was quite suprised to learn that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for the sharing about your husband's interview. I have been wondering just what type of questions are asked during the interview and how intense it is. Thanks again and congratulations to you and your husband for his success and confidence. :thumbs:

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am sure everything will go fine, things seemed to go well at the interview based on your post, thank you for sharing your experience with us, inshallah, your SO will have his visa soon and will be back in your arms.

Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow Patti, She really drilled him! How does she even know his answers are correct? Did you send her a profile before the interview?? LOL :lol: Farid and I both agree that the tattoo question crossed the line. In no way should she expect a man to talk about his WIFE's body in a room full of people! Praise God your husband sailed right through her questions and impressed her with his love and commitment to you. We're just so happy for you both!

I-130 for CR-1

CSC

01/31/06 :: I-130 mailed

03/01/06 :: NOA1

05/09/06 :: NOA2

NVC

05/31/06 :: NVC case # assigned

06/12/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 generated

06/14/06 :: Emailed Choice of Agent

06/16/06 :: Email from NVC saying Choice of Agent accepted

06/19/06 :: IV Bill Generated

06/23/06 :: AOS Bill recieved

06/24/06 :: AOS Bill returned to NVC

06/26/06 :: IV bill recieved

06/27/06 :: IV Bill returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/12/06)

07/15/06 :: I-864 Recieved (NVC didn't report it was generated)

07/17/06 :: I-864 Returned to NVC

07/17/06 :: DS-230 Generated

07/00/06 :: DS-230 Recieved (I was away in Morocco to visit my Love)

07/29/06 :: DS-230 Returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/31/06)

09/05/06 :: RFE Generated (Mailed 09/09/06)

09/11/06 :: RFE Recieved (reqested a copy of biographical page of passport, I sent this with the DS-230))

09/12/06 :: RFE Returned (sent them what they asked for..for the second time!)

10/05/06 :: Case Complete

I-129F for K-3

03/02/06 :: I-129F Mailed

03/09/06 :: NOA1 (recieved 03/15/06)

03/21/06 :: Touched USCIS Recieved I-129 says 60-90 days for processing

07/03/06 :: RFE IMBRA Recieved

07/04/06 :: RFE IMBRA Returned (I did not send the second one)

08/07/06 :: NOA2 Approved

08/15/06 :: Petition sent to Casablanca & Case # assigned

09/01/06 :: Packet 3 Arrives INTERVIEW DATE SEPTEMBER 22nd!!

09/22/06 :: Successful Interview!! WOO HOO

10/12/06 :: Visa IN Hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow Patti, She really drilled him! How does she even know his answers are correct? Did you send her a profile before the interview?? LOL :lol: Farid and I both agree that the tattoo question crossed the line. In no way should she expect a man to talk about his WIFE's body in a room full of people! Praise God your husband sailed right through her questions and impressed her with his love and commitment to you. We're just so happy for you both!

Oh the tattoo question is a little much for me but apparently it isn't much for casa to ask that. I have heard about people being asked about their sex lives in the interview! Awful.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I am going to share your post with my fiance. Even though it is for a K-3 and we are k-1. I think there are good tips for im to understand the interview process even better.

Congratulations and hope you ahve a quick reunion and a very happy life together! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Aahlam Ladida, thank you for giving us details about the interview... it's always intersting to understand more the Casa consulate...

I have a question for you girls :

Do you think that in Casa consulate, there might be a different list of questions asked according to the applicant?? ie a man? or woman?? :huh:

i'd like to hear from a woman applicant who went thru Casa !!! My interview is in a couple of weeks !!!

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.