Mia.Gaga

B2 Visa denied, want to use ESTA

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yet you have a K1 pending...which suggests that sometime in the near future, all of the above will be rendered moot as far as ties to the UK go. it is difficult to have it both ways.

I do not have a K1 visa pending ... my boyfriend has popped the question but i havent said yes offically. I still want to spend more time with him untill i can fully make up my mind. Right now all i want is to be able to get a visa to visit and 100% come back to my country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like he will be the one doing the visiting.

There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a B2.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Yes the ESTA decined me :(

ESTA will decline you because you had a visa refusal in the past. Unfortunately, you are no longer eligeble to travel on the VWP or to use ESTA.

Don't worry though, a B-2 visa will get you just as far as the VWP - You just have to apply beforehand. Your past visa refusal does in no way mean you can't get a B-2 in the future, it just means they weren't satisfied with the information and/or documentation you provided last time.

If you have a job and they expect you back - GET AN EMPLOYMENT LETTER!

If you own a house and you're renting it out - SHOW A LEASE CONTRACT! (And documentation showing you do in fact own the house)

It must have changed since I travelled to the U.S. I got denied the B2 tourist visa on Feb 14th 2008 and flew to America on the visa waiver programme on June 11th. I remember that I was told I could still fly under the visa waiver programme. The only reason I thought you couldn't fly using the waiver was if you are turned home at the border/POE. That's at least what I was told.

When I applied for ESTA when that first came out, my application was not approved right away, took a few days to get approved as I guess my denied visa flagged me. Still travelled again though on June 11th 2009 while my K1 was pending. I even told the lady at the POE who took me for further questioning about it.

Like I said though, things may have changed since then, not sure.

Luke

us_uk_flag-1.jpg

Our Timeline...
06-03-2007. Met Online
07-09-2007. Met in Person in the US
07-04-2008. WE GOT ENGAGED!!!

I-129F Timeline...

12-15-2008. Sent I-129F Petition to CSC
12-18-2008. NOA1. Money order cashed
05-22-2009. NOA2 APPROVED!
09-16-2009. Medical
09-28-2009. Interview. APPROVED!!!
10-06-2009. Visa received
10-10-2009. U.S. Entry
11-07-2009. Wedding

AOS Timeline...
11-30-2009. Sent AOS
12-07-2009. NOA1
01-07-2010. Biometrics appointment
01-12-2010. Transferred to CSC
02-17-2010. I-485 Card Production Ordered & Welcome Notice Sent
02-26-2010. GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

ROC Timeline...
12-28-2011. Sent ROC
12-29-2011. NOA1
02-15-2012. Biometrics appointment (Walk in on 01-26-2012)
06-06-2012. ROC APPROVED!!!
06-19-2012. 10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

Citizenship Timeline...
11-27-2012. Sent N-400
11-29-2012. NOA1
12-28-2012. Biometrics appointment
01-11-2013. In line for interview
01-28-2013. Notice of Interview Scheduled (Letter in mailbox 02-01-3013)
03-01-2013. Interview
05-08-2013. OATH DATE!
IM A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

That you have just been refused one?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I do not have a K1 visa pending ... my boyfriend has popped the question but i havent said yes offically. I still want to spend more time with him untill i can fully make up my mind. Right now all i want is to be able to get a visa to visit and 100% come back to my country.

sorry...thought I saw the 'K1' in your timeline; must have been someone else's

Timeline

It must have changed since I travelled to the U.S. I got denied the B2 tourist visa on Feb 14th 2008 and flew to America on the visa waiver programme on June 11th. I remember that I was told I could still fly under the visa waiver programme. The only reason I thought you couldn't fly using the waiver was if you are turned home at the border/POE. That's at least what I was told.

When I applied for ESTA when that first came out, my application was not approved right away, took a few days to get approved as I guess my denied visa flagged me. Still travelled again though on June 11th 2009 while my K1 was pending. I even told the lady at the POE who took me for further questioning about it.

Like I said though, things may have changed since then, not sure.

Luke

Maybe things have changed because from what i heard if i now travel on my ESTA i have a high chance of being sent back once i arrive in the US. Your lucky :) I think i might call the American Embassy for advice. Was just trying to avoid having to go through the whole B2 appolication again.

Timeline

Yes the ESTA decined me :(

You would not get on the plane.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

With declined ESTA and no Visa airline would not let you get on the flight.

Even if you manage to get on flight chances are you would not be allowed to enter US and would be asked to return back on the next flight.

At this point there is not much you can do, just wait for few months and then try again for the visa with employer letter or more stronger ties.

Timeline

Asked sounds so much nicer than the reality.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I got denied a F-1 visa in October 2010. In February I did a new ESTA. I was honest and marked 'yes' at the question 'have you ever been denied a visa....'. I guess it took a few hours until I got my result but I was approved!! I flew in May 2011 to the states, had to go to secondary inspection for questioning. They asked the normal questions and they asked me about the denied visa, had to fill out extra letters to see, if I'm honest again with the denied-visa-question and I was. I also flew in August 2011 to the states, had to go to secondary inspection again but this time for travelling on a pending K-1 petition! I got in both times and had no real trouble :)

K-1:

02-13-2010 *got engaged

08-09-2011 *I-129F Petition sent

08-11-2011 *Received date for NOA1

08-20-2011 *NOA1 in the mail

01-03-2012 *NOA2 via e-mail

01-25-2012 *Pack 3 in mail

02-03-2012 *DS-Froms sent to embassy

02-15-2012 *Medical in Frankfurt

02-28-2012 *Checklist (Pack 3) faxed

02-29-2012 *Checklist (Pack 3) sent out via mail

03-03-2012 *Packet 4 in mail

03-20-2012 *Interview - APPROVED*

03-28-2012 *Visa in mail

04-03-2012 *POE Dulles Virginia

04-11-2012 *Marriage at the court

05-17-2012 *Wedding Ceremony & Reception with Family and Friends

AOS:

05-15-2012 *AOS filed

05-29-2012 *NOA1 in the mail for: I-485; I-765; I-131

06-01-2012 *Biometrics Appointment in the mail

03-13-2012 *Transfered to CSC

06-20-2012 *Biometrics Appointment 2pm

07-24-2012 *Approved EAD (e-mail)

07-24-2012 *Approved Travel Document (e-mail)

08-01-2012 *EAD & AP 'Combo Card' in mail :)

01-26-2013 *Approved AOS (e-mail)

02-01-2013 *GREEN CARD in mail

event.png

Timeline

I got denied a F-1 visa in October 2010. In February I did a new ESTA. I was honest and marked 'yes' at the question 'have you ever been denied a visa....'. I guess it took a few hours until I got my result but I was approved!! I flew in May 2011 to the states, had to go to secondary inspection for questioning. They asked the normal questions and they asked me about the denied visa, had to fill out extra letters to see, if I'm honest again with the denied-visa-question and I was. I also flew in August 2011 to the states, had to go to secondary inspection again but this time for travelling on a pending K-1 petition! I got in both times and had no real trouble :)

Oh thats great news ... i am gonna apply for another B2 visa in a couple of months. This time go more prepared to my interview. The first time round i really was not prepared because i truly didnt think the interview with be so hard considering im from the UK. But that was me being naive i guess :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.