grace_janke

Employment Authorization Expires

11 posts in this topic

As far as I know, once you get your green card, your EAD is actually already invalid. Your green card serves as your EAD/AP as well.

Hope and Sun,Thank you for quick reply,but since now I don't have any letter or notice from USCIS that I need to renew it. Thanks again

K and L has made a reply to your status

Status: (grace_janke) Hello Vj readers,I'm confused about my Employment Authorization, it's expires on Feb 2012 while my Greencard(2yrs) expires on Feb 2013, Do I need to renew my Employment Authorization? anybody help, Thanks

======================================================================

If you have a green card, you do not need the employment authorization any more. The green card IS your authorization for work.

Thank you.... K and L...... for reply :) hope it's work, as of now I'm waiting a notice from USCIS or maybe I'll call them

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

K and L has made a reply to your status

Status: (grace_janke) Hello Vj readers,I'm confused about my Employment Authorization, it's expires on Feb 2012 while my Greencard(2yrs) expires on Feb 2013, Do I need to renew my Employment Authorization? anybody help, Thanks

If you have a green card, you do not need the employment authorization any more. The green card IS your authorization for work.

Thank you.... K and L...... for reply :) hope it's work, as of now I'm waiting a notice from USCIS or maybe I'll call them

you won't get one, you have a GC. The EAD is only good until you get your interview. the GC is for everything, working, travelling abroad. You are a legal resident of this country. that IS your work authorization.

what you need to do in the future is send the i751 for the removal of conditions. you have to remove conditions before the 2 year GC expires and you can send it 90 days before your 2 year GC expires. then immigration will send you a letter extending your residency for 1 year during the process of getting your 10 year GC.

you can go go to the forum of removing conditions for more information. the form you need to send is the i751 along with bonifide evidence of your marriage.

forget about the employement authorization.

Edited by aleful

you won't get one, you have a GC. The EAD is only good until you get your interview. the GC is for everything, working, travelling abroad. You are a legal resident of this country. that IS your work authorization.

what you need to do in the future is send the i751 for the removal of conditions. you have to remove conditions before the 2 year GC expires and you can send it 90 days before your 2 year GC expires. then immigration will send you a letter extending your residency for 1 year during the process of getting your 10 year GC.

you can go go to the forum of removing conditions for more information. the form you need to send is the i751 along with bonifide evidence of your marriage.

forget about the employement authorization.

Thank you for the information, "Aleful" I thought GC and EAD different application and also having different expiration that's why I'm wondering then about remove conditions for 2yrs, sound helps for me! I'll read more info from USCIS. Sound good! so won't spend more buck$$$ instead. I appreciate your reply. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm confused about my Employment Authorization expires Feb 17,2012, since I got 2years Greencard, expires Feb 2013 my question is... Do I need to renew my Employment Authorization?

Is this an EAD card?

or

do you hold an H1-B visa?

Please tell us which visa you entered the USA on

and

the last set of paperwork (form numbers, please)

that keeps you in the USA.

TIA !

Thank you for the information, "Aleful" I thought GC and EAD different application and also having different expiration that's why I'm wondering then about remove conditions for 2yrs, sound helps for me! I'll read more info from USCIS. Sound good! so won't spend more buck$$$ instead. I appreciate your reply. :)

They are 'different' applications.

Most folk submit them together, when adjusting status. If you compare http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=86696 with the Guides Section here - well, you can suss out 'where you are' in this Immigration Process.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Is this an EAD card?

or

and

TIA !

Most folk submit them together, when adjusting status. If you compare http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=86696 with the Guides Section here - well, you can suss out 'where you are' in this Immigration Process.

Hi Tia, thanks for asking me, I hold K1-Visa(fiancee)then we're married here in US then we filed I-485 Adjustment of Status 2010 till I got 2yrs Greencard(Permanent Residence)Expires Feb 2013, then I-765 Employment authorization-expires Feb 2012 which is both 2 cards I received in a same time>>>>>(last March 2011). Where can I read guide about Employment Authorization in USCIS site that's I don't need to renew it.Thank u :)

Is this an EAD card?

or

and

TIA !

Thank you Darnell

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK - so you have a CURRENT greencard with an expiration date.

The EAD is useless for you after the greencard is in your hands.

Please disregard any further worries to renew your EAD card.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.