aboo

decided to take early dna testing before the interview , result is negative..what to do?

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

please help!

my wife and i decided to take dna before the interview

she said there's a possibility that im not the biological father..

the result is negative..it hurts me but i still love my wife and son

i dont care that im not the real father, for me he's my son

please help me what to do, i already paid the iv bill.

should i call nvc and say that i'll petition him as a stepchild?

Timeline

1st) Wow! How can you still love a woman that has absolutely betrayed you? She's an adulterer, period. You would have to be a bit of a masochist to remain in your marriage. As painful as it is, divorce and move on.

2nd) Have you already filed petition for the child?

yes i already did.. i filed it with my wife's petition IR-1.. it's already in NVC, we are ready to send civil documents and DS230.. what should i do? should i call nvc and tell them the truth?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes the truth is always important in immigration. If they ask for their own DNA and find the thruth on their own it will delay/complicate things. You can petition the child as a stepchild. You can ask for an expediate based on the mothers petition being at NVC

Edited by NigeriaorBust

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Yes the truth is always important in immigration. If they ask for their own DNA and find the thruth on their own it will delay/complicate things. You can petition the child as a stepchild. You can ask for an expediate based on the mothers petition being at NVC

would that affect my petition for my wife?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In theory claiming the child is yours is a material misrespresentation. Could be a lifetime ban. Owning up to the "affair" will probably cause her some grief about the validity of the relationship so you guys need to be well documented on that one.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

please help!

my wife and i decided to take dna before the interview

she said there's a possibility that im not the biological father..

the result is negative..it hurts me but i still love my wife and son

i dont care that im not the real father, for me he's my son

please help me what to do, i already paid the iv bill.

should i call nvc and say that i'll petition him as a stepchild?

When did she make this disclosure, and what point were you in your relationship/visa process? Has she identified the biological father?

You should make all the necessary disclosures along the process, and conform to both Philippines law while the child is in the Philippines, and US law throughout the process.

If you say you want to be the father of the child, and keep your wife, then that should govern your choices.

Timeline

I dont want that to happen.I'll call NVC and tell them the truth..

Actually i already know that i might not be the real father, she told me before we started living together..

She told me to do dna after she gave birth. I didnt do it, because im afraid of the result..

Then my wife told me that someone told her that embassy might request for dna.that's why i did it this time..

At least my wife didn't sign an oath yet..

So will i cancel my son's ir2 petition?

Timeline

Only if she discloses who the father is. The presumption is whoever is named on the child's birth certificate is the child's biological father.

the real father doesnt even know that he is the father..

im the one who sign the child's BC..

will they still contact the biological father?

the real father doesnt even know that he is the father..

im the one who sign the child's BC..

will they still contact the biological father?

How would they know who the biological father is, unless somebody tells them? They are not going to check the DNA of every male in the Philippines. Your own judgement and that of your wife should determine whether or not you reach out to the biological father.

Edited by ☼

i cant say anything just "aw" :(

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

so my wife need not tell who's the real father?

im sorry for lots of questions.. im confused

Does she know who the real father is? Does the father know she was pregnant? Is the father somebody you should be afraid of? Does the child look like you? Do you think the child should have a relationship with his biological father? You have to consider all those ethical and legal questions, discuss them with your wife, her family, and with a lawyer, or parish priest if that seems necessary to answer all your questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.