rUsSeLL&fAyE

k1 visa...help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi everyone! we're just new here so could anyone please please help....

my USC fiance & i is almost done gathering all documents needed for our I-129F. we have a lot of concerns here...

i'm gonna start by telling you a bit of our history... :yes:

russell is born in the united states but studied in the philippines. he goes to the US every now & then but for just months. after studying... he managed to start up a business & it is still on going right now.

our relationship started back in 2004...we were engaged in 2005. & then...on may 2006 - my working visa as a LIVE-IN CAREGIVER to ontario,canada was approved. so i have to come here to canada to work. he accompanied me & then went straight to the US. he is now working but only for months..

after a month...my work back in ontario was a disaster so i opted to go here in vancouver in search for a job. but until now...3 months of searching...i don't have any luck but still trying to find one. several interviews was conducted but still...no work!

and because of all the hardships that we are going through - of being apart, we are now in the process of filing an I-129F petition. he went here last september'06 to visit me & let me sign documents for his petition.

we gathered all the documents listed on the GUIDE here... very nervous because we might have forgotten somethings or it may not be approved...

help us please... & now that i'm not employed here in canada...will there be chances of denial? my work permit is until may'07...will i be sent back to the philippines (my home country) for the interview or can i take it here in vancouver?

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

06/12/2007 :sent application to Chicago, IL

06/19/2007 :NOA date

07/18/2007 :biometrics done!

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

help us please... & now that i'm not employed here in canada...will there be chances of denial? my work permit is until may'07...will i be sent back to the philippines (my home country) for the interview or can i take it here in vancouver?

Your country of permanent legal residence will have jurisdiction....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

All the information you need to file is on the Petitioner. Unless you have been married before. If you have everything listed in the Guide you should be good to go. There will be more stuff to gather later in Consulate stage that will be help in the Philippines

Edited by AndyMisiu

06/30/06- sent I-129F petition to VSC.

07/11/06- NOA1 (received in mail)

07/19/06- RFE received in mail, IMBRA

07/28/06- e-mail, IMBRA RFE received at VSC

09/11/06- called VSC, told I'm with an adjudicating officer

09/25/06- called VSC, told to file expedited service, outside 60 days of RFE received date

09/26/06- sent expedited service request to VSC via fax and snail mail

09/26/06- Senators and Congressman making inquiries into my petition

09/29/06- expedited service request approved by VSC director

10/04/06- e-mail NOA2 approved!!!!!!

10/05/06- NVC received

10/06/06- NVC forwarded to Poland Embassy

10/16/06- Packet #3 received

10/17/06- Packet #3 sent to US Embassy Warsaw

10/30/06- Packet #4 received

10/30/06- Interview scheduled for November 22nd!!!

11/30/06- Visa in hand, via DHL!!!!

12/05/06- Ania and I arrive together in the USA

02/11/07- Ania applied for Social Security Card

02/17/07- Ania and I were MARRIED!!!!!!

07/24/07- Social Security Card in hand- after some minor issues and a little procrastination :)

10/14/07- I-485, I-765, and permission to travel mailed to USCIS

10/17/07- Received NOA1

12/17/07- I-485 shipped to California Service Center for faster service

12/17/07- I-765 approved new card should be mailed within 30 days, Advanced parole approved

02/28/08- AOS APPROVED!!!! PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED!!!!! (card received couple weeks after approval)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me clarify my answer... you can request the consulate/embassy where you currently reside but there is no guaranty and therefore no obligation for that consulate/embassy to accept your case. No harm in requesting on your i-129f form.

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you are legally allowed to remain in Canada, working or not, until May07, the Consulates in Canada should still take your case. Did you indicate in the petition that you'd like to interview in Canada?

We did a 3rd country interview.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are legally allowed to remain in Canada, working or not, until May07, the Consulates in Canada should still take your case. Did you indicate in the petition that you'd like to interview in Canada?

We did a 3rd country interview.

thank you...it was a relief to know that....

yes...we did indicate that we'd like the inteview here in vancouver...

i'm only 4months old here in canada... are they still gonna consider the interview here?

All the information you need to file is on the Petitioner. Unless you have been married before. If you have everything listed in the Guide you should be good to go. There will be more stuff to gather later in Consulate stage that will be help in the Philippines

thank you.... if you still have any insights..please..it would be of great relief & help for us...take care...

Let me clarify my answer... you can request the consulate/embassy where you currently reside but there is no guaranty and therefore no obligation for that consulate/embassy to accept your case. No harm in requesting on your i-129f form.

thank you :D anymore insights?

K1 journey

09/30/06 :mailed I-129F

10/05/06 :date of NOA1

12/15/06 :date of NOA2

03/15/07 :got my VISA!!!!

03/17/07 :welcome to LAS VEGAS!!! wwwooohhhoooo

wedding day - JUNE 3, 2007

AOS

09/10/2007 :interview

09/18/2007 :notice mailed welcoming the NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!!

EAD

08/24/2007 :card production ordered

08/27/2007 :touched

09/01/2007 :EAD card received!

116322026488201.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i'm only 4months old here in canada... are they still gonna consider the interview here?

They will consider it if you are legally resident in Canada.

I don't know enough about Canadian immigration to know if you are still in status there with your work visa if you are not working. For some types of US work visas, you would not be in legal status if you quit your job.

The Canadian Consulates usually require that you have 6 months forward legal stay. If your case gets to the Consulate when you still have 6 months legal stay, you "should" be allowed to interview there. Contact your Consulate's Immigrant Visa Unit for specifics about your situation.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.