Caladan

Which line of the stamp on the check is the case number?

11 posts in this topic

So, we're once again on the merry-go-round where the Post Office decides that I deserve my mail only sporadically. So far this week, I've not received an interview letter for a university position and a cellphone bill, all of which I find out when it's returned to sender and the sender calls me and says 'have you moved?'

So today I called my bank to see if my check had cleared. Huzzah, it cleared on the 22nd! But where is my receipt? En route? Lost in the ether? Eaten by the postman?

We normally don't get returned checks, just teeny-weeny photocopies, but the nice young man looked it up, had a copy faxed to him, and then read me all the numbers on the back over the phone.

There's a lot of numbers. I know VSC case numbers start with EAC. But there were two things starting with EAC that he read off to me, and I think it's the last thing he read off. EAC then ten digits. Is that the right number?

Where is the case number on the stamp on the check?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I believe you are correct, it is the three-letter code of the service center followed by ten digits. In our case it was WAC06XXXXXXXX. You can always input the number into the USCIS website and it should show 'Petition for Fiance(e)' when you add it to your portfolio.

Edited by Arazia

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Great, thanks! It works! It says that the petition was received on 9/20. Is that my NOA1 date? (I need to know for the timeline.)

AOS

-

So, we're once again on the merry-go-round where the Post Office decides that I deserve my mail only sporadically. So far this week, I've not received an interview letter for a university position and a cellphone bill, all of which I find out when it's returned to sender and the sender calls me and says 'have you moved?'

LOL!! You must live in Las Vegas too!!

Every month our company send out thousands of account statements, to customers who have been in business at the same location for five or more years, and every month the Post Office just randomly returns various pieces of mail as "undeliverable", "no such address", etc ...... and in one instance, one of the returned items was for a customer that located ACROSS THE STREET from the Post Office!! And then I can't even tell you how many pieces of mail end-up doing a tour of the US and Hawaii before they are finally delivered to our cross-town customers!! It's comical and frustrating at the same time.

Regarding your question, a 3 letter code, followed by 10 digits sounds correct.

Good luck!!!

6/29 - NEW I-129 mailed to CSC

7/21 - NOA1 issued

9/21 - finally ... my first touch!!

9/21 - NOA2 issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
But where is my receipt? En route? Lost in the ether? Eaten by the postman?

It could take four weeks for you to receive the hard copy NOA1, especially with your strange mail delivery situation - hang in there. Nothing is fast these days with USCIS!

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Great, thanks! It works! It says that the petition was received on 9/20. Is that my NOA1 date? (I need to know for the timeline.)

I'm pretty sure that's the NOA1 date. That date is usually your NOA1 notice date, which is what I used on my timeline. I'm not sure if that is the correct date to use, though. There is also a 'receipt' date that you will see when you get your actual paper NOA1.

Does anyone else know? Which date are we supposed to put on the timeline? The NOA1 notice date (date listed as received on the website) or the receipt date from the NOA1?

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Good to know, kitkat. It's stupid. I'm in Connecticut. I can drive to St. Albans by driving on like, two roads.

Anyhow, now that I have the electronic number I'm happy because I'm such an Internet child. Don't trust the mail, but I like electronic updates! And really, my bank deserves a cookie.

I put the NOA1 as the 20th for now, but I'll change it when the paper receipt comes if I need to.

AOS

-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you click on your case, you should see a line that says something like this:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on August 23, 2006.

And that date is your NOA1 date. :)

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

Good to know, kitkat. It's stupid. I'm in Connecticut. I can drive to St. Albans by driving on like, two roads.

Anyhow, now that I have the electronic number I'm happy because I'm such an Internet child. Don't trust the mail, but I like electronic updates! And really, my bank deserves a cookie.

I put the NOA1 as the 20th for now, but I'll change it when the paper receipt comes if I need to.

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just to let you know my check was cashed by VSC on 1 sep and that is also when the web site says they recieved my package but I still have not recieved an NOA1 or any type of update via email. I guess what I'm saying is be prepared to wait or maybe never get an NOA1 I don't know. The NOA2 is what I really want! Let us know if you get an NOA1 I'd be interested.

Excellent, thanks! Wheeee, I can track things on the Internet... it's like Christmas....

AOS

-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, Caladan,

I had the same problem here with our post office and I fixed that by getting a PO Box. All of my important mail goes there and I haven't had a problem with lost mail since.

I don't know if we can use our PO Box on our immigration paperwork. (we haven't started as of yet) but maybe someone here can comment on that ;)

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.