vman

Doing it here or there,,,,,,,,help!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im very new at this so bare with me,,,all comments welcomed,esp helpful ones! Ok i live in midwest usa,,i think i have everything together to file my I-129f,,,I triple copied everything,,(actually think i went overboard on info) but anyway,, instead of sending it off from here,(USA) I going to take everything with me to Manila ,where my fiancee lives to have her sign the doc. she has too, and i think i need some more actual photos of us together,,i have some but just reprinted from email,,cell phone pics,etc etc. Anyway , im a little nervous about mail time,,i am willing to fed ex air to speed things up from there,and since im going to be there for 60 days i thought they (homeland security) could could corrispond with me there??? RIGHT? Obviously i will have internet access there and mailing address(rented condo) or i thought about hiring a local visa service there to help with corespondence from there,,,RIGHT? anyone know of the best visa help there??? and if it possible to do it?? like this? or am i missing something????? Obviously I dont want to slow process down any by not being at home standing by mail box,,,if this will work or not??? please let me know why,,,, And in regards to my answer yes to 3 or more acohol offenses (dui"S) in my past,, i got court order to release my driving records to me that shows infractions,from 1991 first one,, to 2003 last one,,and a clean record since then,,(thanks AA) can i just send those along with petition? or do i need to file a waiver of some sort??? ANY AND ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INSIGHTS!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can definitely file from abroad.

Most people here do not use a visa service, this is a DIY site, but if you are not god at filing in paperwork or following detailed instructions, it's not a bad idea.

You are only going to be there 60 days- even if you post the package off within a few days of arrival, you are unlikely to hear anything other than NOA1 before you return, so no need to do anything or worry about having to correspond with USCIS.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hmmm...I'm not sure but I think the three D.U.I's will not be too much of a problem but you should preload the information in your package because they will ask for it. If I understand you correctly and you have 3 DUI's...You will need : Ememplified Copies or Court Certifications showing the dispositions in those cases as well as everything that goes with it. You should get that from the court house and send it with the petittion. They will discuss this with your fiance as that is what the request is for is to share it with her. Tell her to be prepared if they ask "How do you feel about marrying a drunk ?" (You don't know what they will do during the interview...). If you have any substance abuse class completions, send that along as well. Someone else might comment on other supporting evidence that might support your case that you are a changed person.

Also, they are not going to communicate with you. All they are going to do is notify you that you got a NOA1 via letter, email, text. There is an optional form that you fill out that is part of the I-129F package to supply this information. The one concern I would have would be the letter of NOA1 which goes to your mail box. Any of the letters that come to you are important so if you are not home to receive it, make sure it is not getting wet in a leaky mail box and your mail is not returned because it was full.

My advice would be to search the board about DUI's and RFE's and see what prior people had to deal with. Good luck !

I am allergic to handcuffs... so I don't drink anywhere except home. Going to bars and having ONE DRINK is just a bad idea because it always turns into 2-3.

Edited by NoneYa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just send it via a service(fed ex air will do), which you can track it delivery. They might request court documents see the guide for certified documents, on your DUI's but they are pretty old. If you will be gone 60 days just complete the email notification. - If you would like to receive E-Notification that your application or petition has been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and attach it to the top of your application or petition.

Edited by bigdog

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,,,AND YES BEEN CLEAN AND SOBER FOR 8 1/2 YEARS NOW,,BUT IT WAS MY PAST SO SENDING DRIVING RECORDS WITH,, THANK YOU AGAIN

Just wanted to say congrats on your 8 1/2 year sobriety. Good luck on your journey!

Timeline

You can definitely file from abroad.

Most people here do not use a visa service, this is a DIY site, but if you are not god at filing in paperwork or following detailed instructions, it's not a bad idea.

You are only going to be there 60 days- even if you post the package off within a few days of arrival, you are unlikely to hear anything other than NOA1 before you return, so no need to do anything or worry about having to correspond with USCIS.

good.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.