habibi83

Visa & Conditional Green card

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have been working with a lawyer but he really sucks:( I'm confussed about what happens after the visa expires?

The visa has been issued for my husband for six months and within that time he needs to enter the US-per UCIS; however, my lawyer tells me he needs to enter within 30 days of issue???? SO that's my first question. Is 30 days correct?

2nd, visa has issue and experation date so once it expires what happens? Will my husband need to file a form to get a CONDITIONAL green card or will it automatically be send?

3rd, Conditinal Green card is valid for 2 years. Is it 2 years from issue date? Prior to the 2 years up, I need to file a form to have the condition removed. THIS IS THE PART IM NOT VERY CLEAR ON-is it two years from the issue of the conditional green card that i need to file it or before the 2nd wedding anniversery??? I know this that is very important and can not be missed. (my lawyer said within 2 years from issue of conditional green card, but I read somewhere online that 2 years starts from the date of marriage and then by 2nd anniversry form has to be filed to remove the condition) Can someone please help me out or direct me to a website where I can find correct info)

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have been working with a lawyer but he really sucks:( I'm confussed about what happens after the visa expires?

The visa has been issued for my husband for six months and within that time he needs to enter the US-per UCIS; however, my lawyer tells me he needs to enter within 30 days of issue???? SO that's my first question. Is 30 days correct?

2nd, visa has issue and experation date so once it expires what happens? Will my husband need to file a form to get a CONDITIONAL green card or will it automatically be send?

3rd, Conditinal Green card is valid for 2 years. Is it 2 years from issue date? Prior to the 2 years up, I need to file a form to have the condition removed. THIS IS THE PART IM NOT VERY CLEAR ON-is it two years from the issue of the conditional green card that i need to file it or before the 2nd wedding anniversery??? I know this that is very important and can not be missed. (my lawyer said within 2 years from issue of conditional green card, but I read somewhere online that 2 years starts from the date of marriage and then by 2nd anniversry form has to be filed to remove the condition) Can someone please help me out or direct me to a website where I can find correct info)

I found answer to my #3

it's two years from the date of issue of Conditional Green card. The form is I-751 and it has to file 90 day period immidiatly before the second anniversary of the date conditional green card residency granted.

Timeline

He has to use the visa within 6 months.

But his medical cannot be expired either. So, maybe your lawyer knows his medical will expire in 1 month?

He will get a green card in the mail and if you checked the box for his social security card to be sent automatically then that will also come within 2 weeks

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

He has to use the visa within 6 months.

But his medical cannot be expired either. So, maybe your lawyer knows his medical will expire in 1 month?

He will get a green card in the mail and if you checked the box for his social security card to be sent automatically then that will also come within 2 weeks

How long are the medical record usally valid for? He just got it done this December...I'm not sure about the ss? Which form had the check box? So after he enters US the conditional green card will be maild automatically or do i need to file something?

Timeline

The medical in Egypt is good for 6 months.

The green card is mailed automatically when he enters the USA

The SSN was on form????? hmmmm I do not remember what form but it said have you ever had a ssn? do you want us to apply for one for you? Some people said they did not get their card and still had to apply in person 2 weeks after they got here. So, I suggest that 2 weeks after he gets here go to SS office and see if he is in the system or if he needs to apply for a card.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Timeline

The SSN was on form????? hmmmm I do not remember what form but it said have you ever had a ssn? do you want us to apply for one for you? Some people said they did not get their card and still had to apply in person 2 weeks after they got here. So, I suggest that 2 weeks after he gets here go to SS office and see if he is in the system or if he needs to apply for a card.

The social was on the DS-230.

Timeline

The social was on the DS-230.

ok thank you

ok thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We actually checked the box on the DS-230 for my husband's social security number and they never submit it in to the ss office. After a couple of months we ended up going to the ss office and filling out a new application. We also argued with the office because they said they couldn't fit his whole name on his card. Which was wrong!

The best advice I can tell you is to wait until you get the actual conditional green card and take that with you to the social security office because the names have to match exactly. Trust me, we went down this road. My husband couldn't get his driver's license because his social security card name didn't match EXACTLY to his green card. The social security office even had the nerve to say that the homeland security had to change his name on his green card. (HA!)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Yep your lawyer sux.

You have 6 months from the issue date to enter the US. After entry, the visa will be activated and will be equivalent to a green card for (1) year (read the bottom of the visa). The actual green card will be mailed to the US address given on the DS-230 part I withing a month or so.

Assuming that you will be married less than 2 years after you enter the US the green card will expire within 2 years and you have to file for lifting conditions 90 days before it expires.

IF: You enter the US after your 2nd anniversary (of marriage, aka have been married more than 2 years) then his green card will still be mailed to the US address but will be a 10-yr card, no conditions.

Best of luck!

Hello everyone,

i don't get it.

Timeline

Yep your lawyer sux.

You have 6 months from the issue date to enter the US. After entry, the visa will be activated and will be equivalent to a green card for (1) year (read the bottom of the visa). The actual green card will be mailed to the US address given on the DS-230 part I withing a month or so.

Assuming that you will be married less than 2 years after you enter the US the green card will expire within 2 years and you have to file for lifting conditions 90 days before it expires.

IF: You enter the US after your 2nd anniversary (of marriage, aka have been married more than 2 years) then his green card will still be mailed to the US address but will be a 10-yr card, no conditions.

Best of luck!

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.