olumides_wife

Just showing some VJ love!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You will find God and the embassy/us government have little in common, and after 40 posts patting yourself on the back you have a long way to go to show your conviction to being a VJ guide, many have made the same claim and are either gone or their contribution is found on the various game posts. Average time of posting to VJ about 1 year, then they are either off with the spouse or thowing out the fraud card or fighting a denial.

So bitter....blessings! I trust God SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than an embassy....

question...if you don't like my threads why do you reply?

You will find God and the embassy/us government have little in common, and after 40 posts patting yourself on the back you have a long way to go to show your conviction to being a VJ guide, many have made the same claim and are either gone or their contribution is found on the various game posts. Average time of posting to VJ about 1 year, then they are either off with the spouse or thowing out the fraud card or fighting a denial.

why do you seem so bitter?....blessings to you still the same!...despite your negativity.... I trust God SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than any embassy in this WORLD....my God is a God with ALL power in his hands to move even Lagos!...somebody telling me what is impossible just gives me more joy and more peace because it will go to show just how GREAT the God I serve is!

here are a few questions though...if you don't like my threads so much... why do you reply?

Whether you have been around VJ for 1 day 1 month 1 year or 10 what does that have to do with anything?

Seems like you shoot down people quick....

And since you seem to have been around VJ for quite some time what do you do browse threads to be negative? instead of encouraging?

seems like you are only making yourself miserable by replying...so better to just "ignore" me! :D

SMILE! it takes years away from doubt!

ps...

a vj guide?

a contributor?

is that some kind of "award" or something after so many posts? if so I am clueless....I am not trying to achieve either I am just on VJ to get support and help! and offer it when I can!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First of all welcome to VJ! You will find the good, the bad, and the ugly on this site. All in all, it will make you stronger and more resilient at the end. You have the right attitude, I would not change that for anyone. Keep reminding yourself, that it is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, so are harsh and some are more diplomatic. :whistle: Even the most negative comment has something you can learn from. I pray you can look beyond the words and absorb the points made.

Yes, each individual experience is unique and each VJ's outcome is different. NO one walks around with a crystal ball to predict if your relationship is real or otherwise. It is your individual experience and your journey.

Others express their opinion by reflecting on their own experiences. Nevertheless, there are many elders in this (Nigerian) group, which have rightfully earned their strips, and their comments should be considered a friendly warning. Caution should be taken when dealing with Lagos, it is much harder to get an approval from Nigeria, but it is not impossible. USE the information here on VJ and takes your time to proceed. God will guide you, but you will need to hear the given advice as well.

We all have our own hardships and obstacles to overcome as we travel through our visa journey. There is no need to make it difficult for the new comers. What would that accomplish? WE are here to assist each other with our facts and to support each other through this VJ. NOT to JUDGE.

I am one to keep it real and truthful. I agree with Ebonoluwa, we can be kinder to each other and still get our point across and be helpful. Each individual is an adult and ultimately it is their decision which way to go and how to move forward. It is our responsibility to offer advice and facts and let them be.

I have come to know many who have been married to Nigerians or engaged to one and they are happily married and like any other relationship it had to go through the adjustment period. When people cry "SCAMMER", one has to keep in mind we are only hearing one side of the story and not both.

Best of luck to you and I hope you listen to the advices given and make the right choice for yourself and your future.

God Bless

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Amen!! Preach ! God is in control of all matters. Everything happens for a reason. Even those who are denied is for a reason. Those who are approved is for a reason! Just stay hopeful! peace and love :thumbs:

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

First of all welcome to VJ! You will find the good, the bad, and the ugly on this site. All in all, it will make you stronger and more resilient at the end. You have the right attitude, I would not change that for anyone. Keep reminding yourself, that it is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, so are harsh and some are more diplomatic. :whistle: Even the most negative comment has something you can learn from. I pray you can look beyond the words and absorb the points made.

Yes, each individual experience is unique and each VJ's outcome is different. NO one walks around with a crystal ball to predict if your relationship is real or otherwise. It is your individual experience and your journey.

Others express their opinion by reflecting on their own experiences. Nevertheless, there are many elders in this (Nigerian) group, which have rightfully earned their strips, and their comments should be considered a friendly warning. Caution should be taken when dealing with Lagos, it is much harder to get an approval from Nigeria, but it is not impossible. USE the information here on VJ and takes your time to proceed. God will guide you, but you will need to hear the given advice as well.

We all have our own hardships and obstacles to overcome as we travel through our visa journey. There is no need to make it difficult for the new comers. What would that accomplish? WE are here to assist each other with our facts and to support each other through this VJ. NOT to JUDGE.

I am one to keep it real and truthful. I agree with Ebonoluwa, we can be kinder to each other and still get our point across and be helpful. Each individual is an adult and ultimately it is their decision which way to go and how to move forward. It is our responsibility to offer advice and facts and let them be.

I have come to know many who have been married to Nigerians or engaged to one and they are happily married and like any other relationship it had to go through the adjustment period. When people cry "SCAMMER", one has to keep in mind we are only hearing one side of the story and not both.

Best of luck to you and I hope you listen to the advices given and make the right choice for yourself and your future.

God Bless

Thank you for the welcome...my post is accomplishing exactly what I wanted it to! :D ...I wanted everyone (even the elders with stripes on this site) to know that each of our stories are unique and while I respect and appreciate the side that even they share we all have our own road...newbies, inbetweenies, elders and such the like and we all have something to gain from one another, noone regardless to if they are new or old should feel like they can't share their story good or bad and be respected for it...(I am reminded of this by my grandmother...I think she is wise and I remember needing her so much as I grew up still do but now that I am older even though I am still younger she needs me now just as much as I need her!)... I am not blind to the "warnings" here but I will say this (in respect) I won't let them "blind" me to the decisions I choose and have chosen to already make concerning my life! I am aware of Lagos...I know its difficult...but I have heard many success stories from there too...and as I said the God I serve can move mountains...surely LAGOS is nothing for him! I already know that when the time comes that obstacle is out of the way for me already! Being that I am on VJ must show that I am passed the believing the man I am with is a scammer (I have read countless stories before VJ so reading them here wasn't new and I am sorry for some it happened but for me I have concluded what I want and so I am figuring out my next move to make...If I went around living my life based on others experiences (not just here on VJ) how could I live my own life to the fullest? But this isn't just about overcoming Lagos... I understand pain very well...but I can't go forward with my life hanging on to the past hurts and failures that I have experienced in my life...that hurts noone but me...my mom taught me how to take the punches and keep on moving (thank God).Life is too short to waste on would of could of should of's...too short not to forgive...and too short not to love completely (even if you aren't loved back sometimes (ouch!) that shouldn't change your character nor cause you to hold it against another person (if this was the case I shouldn't be giving any man a chance again based on what I went through with my exhusband) but I went through it and learned from it...and I am grateful for the experience...I gained 2 beautiful children...and I learned ALOT about myself...and I concluded that for myself...I don't look back to my past...I don't rely to much on my present (it can change in a moment) and I trust God for my future completely! Have I messed up yes, will I yes, do I know it all no...but if I "feared" so many things I wouldn't have gotten pregnant, went to school, played the keyboard, sang on a stage in front of thousands, learned to drive and on an so forth...the excitement in life sometimes come from taking a chance! So that is why I took my hat off to those willing to discuss their difficulties I know it wasnt easy...God used my divorce to help me... and to help others so I am not overlooking advice as long as it is kept in respect and the "friendly warnings" are acutally friendly! Other than that I just don't have the room in my life for negative people, not just here on VJ but in my own (non-internet) life...the thing about negativity is that it is like a disease and if not cured with positive things soon will spread like a wildfire. It's one thing to be negative from time to time and a completely different thing to just be a negative person. God did not promise us life would be easy but he did say he would be there to walk with us through it all! And that is reason enough for me to keep on going...VJ to me is a God given tool and I have met some wonderful wonderful people on here...even some that have been through the WORST of things but they have such a strong FAITH in God and that is the type of people I am looking to surround myself with! Believe me I am not just here looking for the "good"...that would make this whole journey one sided! thanks again! Shawnda

Edited by olumides_girl

Timeline

Thank you for the welcome...my post is accomplishing exactly what I wanted it to! :D ...I wanted everyone (even the elders with stripes on this site) to know that each of our stories are unique and while I respect and appreciate the side that even they share we all have our own road...newbies, inbetweenies, elders and such the like and we all have something to gain from one another, noone regardless to if they are new or old should feel like they can't share their story good or bad and be respected for it...(I am reminded of this by my grandmother...I think she is wise and I remember needing her so much as I grew up still do but now that I am older even though I am still younger she needs me now just as much as I need her!)... I am not blind to the "warnings" here but I will say this (in respect) I won't let them "blind" me to the decisions I choose and have chosen to already make concerning my life! I am aware of Lagos...I know its difficult...but I have heard many success stories from there too...and as I said the God I serve can move mountains...surely LAGOS is nothing for him! I already know that when the time comes that obstacle is out of the way for me already! Being that I am on VJ must show that I am passed the believing the man I am with is a scammer (I have read countless stories before VJ so reading them here wasn't new and I am sorry for some it happened but for me I have concluded what I want and so I am figuring out my next move to make...If I went around living my life based on others experiences (not just here on VJ) how could I live my own life to the fullest? But this isn't just about overcoming Lagos... I understand pain very well...but I can't go forward with my life hanging on to the past hurts and failures that I have experienced in my life...that hurts noone but me...my mom taught me how to take the punches and keep on moving (thank God).Life is too short to waste on would of could of should of's...too short not to forgive...and too short not to love completely (even if you aren't loved back sometimes (ouch!) that shouldn't change your character nor cause you to hold it against another person (if this was the case I shouldn't be giving any man a chance again based on what I went through with my exhusband) but I went through it and learned from it...and I am grateful for the experience...I gained 2 beautiful children...and I learned ALOT about myself...and I concluded that for myself...I don't look back to my past...I don't rely to much on my present (it can change in a moment) and I trust God for my future completely! Have I messed up yes, will I yes, do I know it all no...but if I "feared" so many things I wouldn't have gotten pregnant, went to school, played the keyboard, sang on a stage in front of thousands, learned to drive and on an so forth...the excitement in life sometimes come from taking a chance! So that is why I took my hat off to those willing to discuss their difficulties I know it wasnt easy...God used my divorce to help me... and to help others so I am not overlooking advice as long as it is kept in respect and the "friendly warnings" are acutally friendly! Other than that I just don't have the room in my life for negative people, not just here on VJ but in my own (non-internet) life...the thing about negativity is that it is like a disease and if not cured with positive things soon will spread like a wildfire. It's one thing to be negative from time to time and a completely different thing to just be a negative person. God did not promise us life would be easy but he did say he would be there to walk with us through it all! And that is reason enough for me to keep on going...VJ to me is a God given tool and I have met some wonderful wonderful people on here...even some that have been through the WORST of things but they have such a strong FAITH in God and that is the type of people I am looking to surround myself with! Believe me I am not just here looking for the "good"...that would make this whole journey one sided! thanks again! Shawnda

AMEN! You know where to find me if needed.:yes: Again, good luck and may your journey be a smooth one.

Amen!! Preach ! God is in control of all matters. Everything happens for a reason. Even those who are denied is for a reason. Those who are approved is for a reason! Just stay hopeful! peace and love :thumbs:

Hey there queen I was just going to stop by your page before I got off of VJ for the night!... Praying all is well with you! Yes yes yes! that is what I am trying to say all things (good and bad) are for a reason...be blessed! and stay strong! :D

AMEN! You know where to find me if needed.:yes: Again, good luck and may your journey be a smooth one.

THANK YOU! I will be in touch for sure! I really do appreciate your words! (not taken lightly!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:pop:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Hello Shawanda(Olumides_girl) Welcome to visajourney! I wish you much success in your current relationship and your visa journey. I am an elder I guess..LOL, I am not on here as much as the beginning. But, I do make it a point to check in often. Just remain prayerful, and you will be okay. You have such a wonderful spirit!!Take care :star:

Edited by forchika

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Hello Shawanda(Olumides_girl) Welcome to visajourney! I wish you much success in your current relationship and your visa journey. I am an elder I guess..LOL, I am not on here as much as the beginning. But, I do make it a point to check in often. Just remain prayerful, and you will be okay. You have such a wonderful spirit!!Take care :star:

Thank you very much! same to you... one thing I am learning on it is shear patience indeed...have a great day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This can be a long hard road and being positive from the beginning will help you get through it. Just make sure to keep reading and studying from what others have shared (within this forum and others). I am a believer in being prepared so make sure you have all your bases covered.

Good luck to you.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

This can be a long hard road and being positive from the beginning will help you get through it. Just make sure to keep reading and studying from what others have shared (within this forum and others). I am a believer in being prepared so make sure you have all your bases covered.

Good luck to you.

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

Well said Olumides_girl!! Keep your humbleness, your positive attitude, and most of all continue to keep God first. I truly can attest to the bolded words above because God moved that mountain for us (I was prepared...yes, but it was no one but God...even right down to the airline ticket).

I've said it before in one of your previous posts, but I'll say it again...Welcome to VJ!!

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I know eventually this journey will all seem like a bad dream, but right now its just making me crazy. It helps to be here and understand that we are not alone. My fiance has been very sick the last few weeks and it kills me to know I cant be there to help him. Its a new year so that just means we are closer to the end of this nightmare. Happy New Year to all of you!

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Timeline

Please let us all keep a positive and respectful demeanor toward each other without further insults to any member regardless of our extreme and bias opinions in this matter. I still feel respecting an "elder" VJ member is equally important as the "new" member's. It is a two way street. We already get enough bashing from others on this site :whistle: It is crucial that we do not lose objective and common courtesy toward one another. This journey is difficult enough, having the correct information and support is essential :thumbs:to be able to reach the finish line. Therefore, let us all work together toward our goals.

Happy New Year to all and may your journey be smooth with a positive outcome. :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.