bungudi

Interview resheduled for lack of original of birth certificates

8 posts in this topic

help.... plz

My wife and i been already through the interview process, but it seems that we didn't have the original of her birth certificate.

so we've been told by our officer that we will receive a letter asking us to bring the original of BC which we did and the appointment is for january 11 I'm a lil confused because in that letter is says : Do not stand in line, present this notice to the guard at the door..... then: bring with you this letter and original and copy of the following all bona fide of martial union correspondence prior marriage proof of joint asset ........ and in Bold underneath it say: ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES

i just would like to know if anyone has already been through the same and what to expect another interview or just give the BC and thats it .....

thank you,

Well, I can only tell you that they do require original birth certificate for interview. You can contact her relative in her country to do a duplicated Birth Certificate at her local government office, they should have the record. Time is going out soon, so you better do it ASAP. Good luck.

PS: If you think you cannot make it on time, you should contact the office again and ask them to reschedule your appointment.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Well, I can only tell you that they do require original birth certificate for interview. You can contact her relative in her country to do a duplicated Birth Certificate at her local government office, they should have the record. Time is going out soon, so you better do it ASAP. Good luck.

PS: If you think you cannot make it on time, you should contact the office again and ask them to reschedule your appointment.

i already got her birth certificate, i was wondering if i needed to gather all the documentation again as for the first time or just take the original of BC with me ? and are we gone be interviewed again .... i just want to be sure.... on what to expect...

thnx

You shouldn't have another interview, you should be able to just go in and drop off the certificate.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

You shouldn't have another interview, you should be able to just go in and drop off the certificate.

thanks

i think so too but I'm just really worrying ....

i wish i had this BC the first time grrrrrrr......

but anyway will see..

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

... Relax...You would be A "OK". All would be well. All the IO asked was to bring back the BC and extra marital union proofs right? You would be just fine. Follow the instructions on the letter. submit the additional document requested and you should be approved in no time. All the best.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You should be fine. My father was told to come back with an affidavit of birth from a close relative and his baptism certificate after he had the first interview (at the first interview, he was told that his birth was registered very late so he'd need additional paperwork). He went back this past week on Friday, the lady just took the original affidavit, checked the original baptism certificate and took the copy for her records. Didn't ask any questions; just she said everything looked good and that he'd get his card in the mail in two weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think you will be ok.

And thank you for sharing this experience. I have been waiting for the interview, and your post made me decided to tell my mom to send my original birth certificate from my home country to me here.

I was afraid that it might be lost so I was reluctant to tell my mom. Now I already have it in my hands.

Thanks and good luck to you. (F) (F)

Naturalization

04/22/15 (Day 0) N-400 Package sent

08/03/15 Interview - Recommend for Approval

08/18/15 Oath Ceremony

ROC

12/17/2013 (Day 0) ROC Package sent

12/23/2013 (Day 7) NOA date

01/27/14 (Day 43) Biometric Appointment

03/14/14 Case transferred to CSC

05/16/14 New Card Received

AOS from B2
11/14/2011 (Day 0) AOS Package sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11/15/2011 (Day 1) Package received by USCIS

12/12/2011 Biometrics Appointment
01/28/2012 (Day 74) EAD Card in hands
02/02/2012 (Day 79) Received letter of Interview Notice
03/02/2012 (Day 108) Interview - Dallas
03/21/2012 (Day 127) Green Card in Hands!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.