freshaire

Prior K-1 apps reduce chance of new K-1 approval?

7 posts in this topic

Say you are successful in obtaining a K-1 Visa, you invite your finacee to the US and either decide not to follow thru

with the invitation/ticket, or similarly, within the 3 months of living together, you determine that it just isnt the match

made in heaven. What impact does this have, if you decide at a later date to try the K-1 process again with someone else?

Im not taking the K-1 application lightly, nor do I anticipate being unlucky in my choice of fiancee,

but going from one culture to another, going from a few meetings together to where you are living

together 24/7 can add some variables to the usual variables effecting the success of any relationship.

Can the US officials look at the history of a "failed K-1" and make the determination that the US citizen is just abusing

the process or something similar and just deny a K-1 even it meets all the technical criteria?

thanks in advance for comments

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I'm reading your post correctly, You had a previous 129-F and she arrived an within 90 days you decided not marry. She went home unmarried, correct?

Your post does not indicate if you have intent to File again for a different future spouse at this time or maybe later after a new relationship.

I think the answer is No. (Its should not matter) But, they look at how many times you filed before, the length of time between each relationship, solid proof of the future spouse and your relationship.

She will be asked (posible) at the interview for the reason of your last break-up and other questions about HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR FINACE.

If this is a second attempt to a 129-F Petition and the above relates it should not be huge. If its a 3rd Petition. You have problems. They have all records.

Good Luck.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There are rules limiting the number of k1's you can file and in what time frame. It's listed on the I-129F instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

There are rules limiting the number of k1's you can file and in what time frame. It's listed on the I-129F instructions.

I had a prior I-129F approved, but we never proceeded with the interview. Second I-129F was approved without issue (for a different beneficiary). If you are petitioning within 2 years of last petition you will need "waiver", which essentially is just a letter of explanation stating why prior K-1 did not result in marriage.

Not a big deal with USCIS, however make sure your current fiance knows about the prior I-129F submission because she will be asked about it at her interview.

Good luck.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Thanks for that heads up, I missed seeing it on the application.

Thereofore for me this would be a waiver question.

A third 129-F application, even within a 10 year period, would trigger a waiver process.

It sounds like the waiver for a second application, albeit within the 24 month period, is no biggie.

Any opinion on whether a third application would be much more difficult?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A third 129-F application, even within a 10 year period, would trigger a waiver process.

It sounds like the waiver for a second application, albeit within the 24 month period, is no biggie.

I already answered your question above. Also, in the future try and be as honest as posible instead of "working-up to the answer you were looking for"

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think it would depend on circumstances.

For instance, if each of the prior apps ended in the K1 getting their GC they would wonder if you're getting paid to do it. If none of them has resulted in marriage they might think you're flighty and not want to subject another K1 to it. If any of them have overstayed this could also look bad.

Honestly you won't know unless you try. 2 in 2 years sounds pretty bad to me and if that's not a big deal then I doubt this would be as well but again, I think it would depend on circumstances.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.