mtnrun

IR-1/CR-1 final interview

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around this site for a few months now and it has been so helpful!

My husband has his final interview for IR-1/CR-1 in January and we were told that we need a co-sponser to meet the income requirements since my current income is from overseas and not the US.

My question is this:

We have sold our house but the closing date is after the interview, so the $$ we will receive (which will easily meet the requirements)won't be in our account until after the interview. A family member has offered to loan us the required amount so that our bank account shows sufficient funds but will that be questioned?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers - Lori

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No the money in your account won't work (hasn't been there long enough and you can't prove where it came from and that it's yours "to keep") BUT proof of the amount coming (so asset) might help. I would get a joint sponsor if I were you. If you don't reply to this properly then you will be denied and have to start from the start.

Best to put forward so they can't deny you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.