Obama 2012

New Haven, CT Mayor Wants Illegal Immigrants To Be Able To Vote

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

#######.

-------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/14/new-haven-mayor-wants-illegals-to-vote-in-local-elections/

NEW HAVEN, CT (WCBS 880) - One Connecticut mayor is asking the legislature to allow illegal immigrants to vote in local elections.

Mayor John DeStefano argues that illegal immigrants who live in New Haven pay local taxes and their kids go to school in the city. That’s why he believes these city residents deserve the right to vote on local issues.

He’ll submit his bill to state law makers, but St. Sen. Andrew Roraback, a Republican on the Judiciary Committee, vows to fight it tooth and nail.

“No right is more cherished and more valued than the right to vote, and for us even contemplating extending that right to people who have come to this country unlawfully, is un-American, unpatriotic and unacceptable,” said Roraback.

Mayor DeStefano says other cities, Chicago for example, have extended this right to illegal immigrants. He believes voting on local matters allows residents to become more engaged in their community.

Roraback realizes that Democrats hold the majority in both chambers and concedes if the proposal could pass.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Calm down Paul, put your tinfoil hat back on. Why are you so worried all the time about issues that don't affect you whatsoever? He is asking that they be allowed to vote on local issues, that affect them. But to you, I guess that translates to "OMG ILLEGALS ARE COMING TO STEAL MY JOB AND VOTE LIBRUL". I don't necessarily agree with the bill, but you are overreacting in an extreme manner.

Only if they vote Democrat

Edited by Kathryn41
edited to remove TOS violation

John DeStefano is as crooked as they come -- and this is coming from someone who was raised as a red diaper baby in New Haven. He will do ANYTHING to stay in power. ANYTHING. He ran a dirty campaign against an excellent challenger, Jeffrey Kerekes, who wants to clean up City Hall. King John plastered his own re-election signs on city fire trucks, used city employees to intimidate Kerekes from exercising his constitutional rights on city property, gives out city sinecures like they're candy to ignoramuses who have little to no experience in their field but are known to get out the vote when required. In 2009, he had his cronies rounding up the mentally handicapped in their assisted care homes who then "persuaded" them to vote DeStefano.

This isn't about being soft on illegals for King John. It's for continuing his reign, and if he thinks he can somehow squeak this by he will. The election this year was the closest he's ever had in his 20 years (yes, 20 years!) as mayor, and he is running scared. If he thought he could ensure re-election in 2013 by giving the vote to labrador retrievers, he'd do it. He doesn't give two sh!ts about giving the populace any say in how things are run -- this is just another cheap trick.

And yes, I agree with Gary on this. Shocking!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

#######.

-------

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12/14/new-haven-mayor-wants-illegals-to-vote-in-local-elections/

NEW HAVEN, CT (WCBS 880) - One Connecticut mayor is asking the legislature to allow illegal immigrants to vote in local elections.

Mayor John DeStefano argues that illegal immigrants who live in New Haven pay local taxes and their kids go to school in the city. That’s why he believes these city residents deserve the right to vote on local issues.

He’ll submit his bill to state law makers, but St. Sen. Andrew Roraback, a Republican on the Judiciary Committee, vows to fight it tooth and nail.

“No right is more cherished and more valued than the right to vote, and for us even contemplating extending that right to people who have come to this country unlawfully, is un-American, unpatriotic and unacceptable,” said Roraback.

Mayor DeStefano says other cities, Chicago for example, have extended this right to illegal immigrants. He believes voting on local matters allows residents to become more engaged in their community.

Roraback realizes that Democrats hold the majority in both chambers and concedes if the proposal could pass.

Insane. Legal green card holders cannot vote, yet these people want illegals to vote.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Insane. Legal green card holders cannot vote, yet these people want illegals to vote.

I know in some areas, green card holders are allowed to vote in local elections, school district elections, etc. It all depends on where you live.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know in some areas, green card holders are allowed to vote in local elections, school district elections, etc. It all depends on where you live.

True but they are not required to REGISTER to vote, only show ID that they live in the district or city. The US constitution does not regulate local elections.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Gee, this mayor wouldn't happen to be a Democrat, would he? :whistle:

Almost as amusing as when the Democrats brought homeless crack addicts to vote and gave them cartons of cigarettes in exchange for them voting...

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

I read articles like this and I sometimes wonder why any of us bothered to go through the immigration process. This is just another sign of how low this country has sunk.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The thing is this is all classic "arranging deck chairs on the Titanic" pieces.

All we need to do is make it economically unfeasable to employ them and ALL this goes away because ALL of them go away. Why are we even discussing what to "allow them to do" We should "allow" them to walk home...do NOT build a fence to get in their way!

Implement a TAX, padlock exactly ONE business for not paying the TAX...and they all have no jobs tomorrow. Bye bye!

It is the only way we can release our fellow man from bondage!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

True but they are not required to REGISTER to vote, only show ID that they live in the district or city. The US constitution does not regulate local elections.

I understand that, I was just replying to Kang's statement that Green Card holders cannot vote in local elections, which is not true in some cases.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg