JaHoney

Confused, Perplexed and all that good stuff???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEY VJ,

I am greatly hoping someone can help me to figure out what is going on with my case. I posted last week and i hate to rehash the whole scenario but lemme try to make it short. I am a CR1 visa, I filed in JUNE 2011.

NVC recieved my case on 10/31/11 and i got my case number on NOVEMBER 23rd.... OK this is the fun part ....I HAVE BEEN AT NVC a grand total of 42 days, since recieving my case number over 2 weeks ago i have recieved NO INVOICES or emails of any sort from NVC.

MIND you i have been told and read on VJ that NVC is slow when it comes to sending emails, though most of my friends in this process i have received there emails within 2 days or sooner, so i like any good VJ'er started sending up smoke signals to NVC after about a week of no emails, I ALSO have been checking the payment portal daily which continues to say NO INVOICE on the page.

I have called NVC everyday, and i will say out of 10 or so people i chatted with, ONLY 2 provided me with any pertinent information. I got responses running the gamut from it TAKES 10-20 business days before any invoices are created, I also was told, that no one should be recieving invoices or emails from them in 2 days time and basically insinuated i was either lying or mistaken.....( sucking my teeth at the nerve..LOL)

anyhoo, Last wednesday i sent an email INQUIRY to NVC and got a standard form letter response stating that my case was approved and now ready for further processing.. whoopee... but that email told me NADA nor did it answer my RASS question, so i politely sent it a 2ND time with the subject SECOND INQUIRY in the tag line. Today i recieved an email from a HUMAN saying that they are checking into and will contact me once they figure out the problem. SMALL VICTORY FOR ME< i made human contact.

Conversely, also last wednesday evening i spoke with a nice rep who agreed that yes, it should not be taking so long and that she would send it to a SPVSR to see what the hold up was. WELL BY FRIDAY nothing had changed and suffice to say i had a really crappy ending to my week, this ####### is depressing.

Today i promised myself i would call NVC ask my standard question, and no matter what, i wouldnt get upset. I got lucky, i talked to another human who was nice enough to keep me on the line for around 10 minutes while she went to go check the issue, she again came back, and said yes something is definitely wrong and no your not in AP cause i asked her. Again she said she would flag this for a spvsr to look into. OK so much for me keeping this short, the end result is this. During the course of the work day, i couldnt help but peek at the payment portal to see if a minor miracle had occurred and the invoices had been submitted and this is what it said:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error

PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS, HOW CAN MY CASE NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING WHEN I HAVENT PAID THEM ANY MONEY AND SENT THEM ONE SHRED OF INFO REGARDING MY INCOME OR ANYTHING ELSE.. NOW IM BACK TO FULL FLEDGED ANXIETY...LOL

DID I PISS SOMEONE OFF BY INQUIRING ABOUT MY CASE OR WHAT? I HAVENT CALLED NVC BACK, for fear of something else going wrong. ANy and all input is appreciated and if anyone has snarky comments, please keep them to yourself as im SOOOOOO not in the MOOD :)

please and thanks

JAHONEY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

HEY VJ,

I am greatly hoping someone can help me to figure out what is going on with my case. I posted last week and i hate to rehash the whole scenario but lemme try to make it short. I am a CR1 visa, I filed in JUNE 2011.

NVC recieved my case on 10/31/11 and i got my case number on NOVEMBER 23rd.... OK this is the fun part ....I HAVE BEEN AT NVC a grand total of 42 days, since recieving my case number over 2 weeks ago i have recieved NO INVOICES or emails of any sort from NVC.

MIND you i have been told and read on VJ that NVC is slow when it comes to sending emails, though most of my friends in this process i have received there emails within 2 days or sooner, so i like any good VJ'er started sending up smoke signals to NVC after about a week of no emails, I ALSO have been checking the payment portal daily which continues to say NO INVOICE on the page.

I have called NVC everyday, and i will say out of 10 or so people i chatted with, ONLY 2 provided me with any pertinent information. I got responses running the gamut from it TAKES 10-20 business days before any invoices are created, I also was told, that no one should be recieving invoices or emails from them in 2 days time and basically insinuated i was either lying or mistaken.....( sucking my teeth at the nerve..LOL)

anyhoo, Last wednesday i sent an email INQUIRY to NVC and got a standard form letter response stating that my case was approved and now ready for further processing.. whoopee... but that email told me NADA nor did it answer my RASS question, so i politely sent it a 2ND time with the subject SECOND INQUIRY in the tag line. Today i recieved an email from a HUMAN saying that they are checking into and will contact me once they figure out the problem. SMALL VICTORY FOR ME< i made human contact.

Conversely, also last wednesday evening i spoke with a nice rep who agreed that yes, it should not be taking so long and that she would send it to a SPVSR to see what the hold up was. WELL BY FRIDAY nothing had changed and suffice to say i had a really crappy ending to my week, this ####### is depressing.

Today i promised myself i would call NVC ask my standard question, and no matter what, i wouldnt get upset. I got lucky, i talked to another human who was nice enough to keep me on the line for around 10 minutes while she went to go check the issue, she again came back, and said yes something is definitely wrong and no your not in AP cause i asked her. Again she said she would flag this for a spvsr to look into. OK so much for me keeping this short, the end result is this. During the course of the work day, i couldnt help but peek at the payment portal to see if a minor miracle had occurred and the invoices had been submitted and this is what it said:

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error

PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS, HOW CAN MY CASE NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING WHEN I HAVENT PAID THEM ANY MONEY AND SENT THEM ONE SHRED OF INFO REGARDING MY INCOME OR ANYTHING ELSE.. NOW IM BACK TO FULL FLEDGED ANXIETY...LOL

DID I PISS SOMEONE OFF BY INQUIRING ABOUT MY CASE OR WHAT? I HAVENT CALLED NVC BACK, for fear of something else going wrong. ANy and all input is appreciated and if anyone has snarky comments, please keep them to yourself as im SOOOOOO not in the MOOD :)

please and thanks

JAHONEY

this means your case is complete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Send an email to the U.S embassy in Jamaica with your case # and ask if they have received your packet from USCIS yet, they will take approximately 5 days to respond.

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: Timeline

Wow I never seen that before. With that email I strongly feel you need to call again speak to a live person to explain that statement hoping you get a descent answer. Dont sit and do nothing , I would get on it ASAP. As anyplace I think they just have a bunch of people that may not no what they are doing or in the mist of checking into this case someone accidently did something wrong. I know it is stressful, but if you want your husband here dont give up!!!

Renee

Timeline

Ohhhh how I hate nvc @ this point. I'm back to talking to idiots who essentially told me nothing, said I'm getting that message on the payment portal because no invoice has been created....sounds like pure case of BS to me, car doesn't have a clue what's going on with case. Then said just because case was flagged for spvsr review it ain't gonna happen overnight...um I requested it last week. Dealing with this phockery @ NVC is driving me to the deep end.....sighhhhh....do I continue to sit and wait while my case collects, ore dust bunnies or what???? What should I do?

Filed: Timeline

Maybe a very detailed email might work, but send it twice with 2nd inquiry in the subject line for the second one. You know the first one only gives you an automated response. I have done this in the past and have good luck with reponses. Just make sure it is very detailed to the point and possibly not too long. Send the 2nd inquiry maybe every 2-3 days. You will eventually get a response hopefully one you want to hear.

Renee

Timeline

Maybe a very detailed email might work, but send it twice with 2nd inquiry in the subject line for the second one. You know the first one only gives you an automated response. I have done this in the past and have good luck with reponses. Just make sure it is very detailed to the point and possibly not too long. Send the 2nd inquiry maybe every 2-3 days. You will eventually get a response hopefully one you want to hear.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just call up an immigration lawyer, and read them that statement

verbatim. Maybe they'll explain it in layman's terms for free :thumbs:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Just call up an immigration lawyer, and read them that statement

verbatim. Maybe they'll explain it in layman's terms for free :thumbs:

It's a good idea to check with the lawyer. I do have to say that I have not been on here in a while and still in the process of being reviewed but I feel overwhelmed reading some of the posts...high nerve alert...

Sorry you are going through this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.