Nina~

Christian-Style Hit & Run

39 posts in this topic

Model Christian hits student, throws religious pamphlet, runs

In a heartwarming tale of practicing what you preach, a 58-year-old holy-rollin' woman ran into a high school student with her '96 Accord, then threw a Christian pamphlet at the kid before driving off.

The Houston Press reports that on October 14th, Hillen hit high school student Jonah Garcia while he was crossing the street. Then Hillen stopped and asked him if he was allright. He said "No," and she decided to throw him a Christian pamphlet and drive away rather than do the right thing, something she might have learned from said pamphlet.

Police tracked Hillen after a nearby student managed to write down her license plate number while she was driving away. That intrepid witness had tried to flag down Hillen as she fled the scene, but she only waved and kept driving.

Hillen's Facebook profile has been taken down, but the Houston Press has this quotation from a post she made on the "I Love Jesus My Saviour" group page:

"Worry is the Opposite of Faith! You must understand, we all endure challenges. We all face mountains in our lives. Knowing this, it is very important that we live our lives knowing God can and He will. Thought to Ponder: When was the last time your worrying helped you?"

We all endure challenges, Aida. Sometimes these challenges involve insane hypocrites dishing out sermons and hit-and-runs — or an emergency room bill for $730.50 for a bruised ribcage.

Or even, as Aida Hillen now does, facing a felony charge for accident causing injury.

link

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally I see hope.

I am sick and tired of the current wave of "sweetness and Light" CHristians who only think of reaching out to others and babbling on about how God is like a flower...... n all that #######.

Here you have a women who saw someone J-walking and wanted to give him an -Old school lesson in life.

Sure she got a little soft by getting out of the car to throw him a Jesus-track..... but it's good to see progress is being made.

Not saying this mini-movement is enough to resurrect the Western World to it's former glory but...... It's a start.

:thumbs:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Finally I see hope.

I am sick and tired of the current wave of "sweetness and Light" CHristians who only think of reaching out to others and babbling on about how God is like a flower...... n all that #######.

Here you have a women who saw someone J-walking and wanted to give him an -Old school lesson in life.

Sure she got a little soft by getting out of the car to throw him a Jesus-track..... but it's good to see progress is being made.

Not saying this mini-movement is enough to resurrect the Western World to it's former glory but...... It's a start.

So let me get this straight. She ran into a kid, A KID FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! and left him hurt in the side of the road and drove off without calling for help, or waiting for the police to arrive. Is this want you call an Old-School lesson??? Because that is so WWJD :rolleyes:

Timeline

So let me get this straight. She ran into a kid, A KID FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! and left him hurt in the side of the road and drove off without calling for help, or waiting for the police to arrive. Is this want you call an Old-School lesson??? Because that is so WWJD :rolleyes:

When we ask the question WWJD, we have to consider "The father and the Son are one" as scriptures teach.

IN that context you will find two sides of the same coin.... Both mercy and love and the too long ignored "other side of the coin" ....harsh Lord of action.

No doubt you prefer Christians to run soup kitchens, homeless shelters and fund the feeding and educating of third world peoples but that side is way out of balance.

The kid will heal and perhaps even more importantly.... read the track.

:P

William Penn

When we ask the question WWJD, we have to consider "The father and the Son are one" as scriptures teach.

IN that context you will find two sides of the same coin.... Both mercy and love and the too long ignored "other side of the coin" ....harsh Lord of action.

No doubt you prefer Christians to run soup kitchens, homeless shelters and fund the feeding and educating of third world peoples but that side is way out of balance.

The kid will heal and perhaps even more importantly.... read the track.

:P

So that justifies people acting like "Lords" and running kids over in the street? :wacko:

Timeline

So that justifies people acting like "Lords" and running kids over in the street? :wacko:

Ahh that kid was probably one of those "Occupy" protesters anyway..... who could blame the lady?

William Penn

Timeline

:rofl: Danno is either the master of trolling or one of the most absurd knuckleheads here on VJ.

Well I am not a troll so that leaves me joining you........ in the other category.

William Penn

Ahh that kid was probably one of those "Occupy" protesters anyway..... who could blame the lady?

I like how you cherry-pick "sanctity of life". Its ok if Christians run over kids & OWS protestors, just as long as no fetus were harmed ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. Jesus tried to assasinate the President 2 weeks ago. Are you not keeping up with Religious news?

This was a wimpy Honda Accord, kid should be happy she wasn't driving her Suburban. I mean would you prefer she just drove off and not leave the message from God? :wacko:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I like how you cherry-pick "sanctity of life". Its ok if Christians run over kids & OWS protestors, just as long as no fetus were harmed ;)

Danno is a CINO. He grew up in an ulra-conservative household with an overbearing father whom he now idolizes. He probably goes to the same barber his dad took him to as a kid. These kinds of 'Christians' are what are called modern-day Pharisees. They follow the letter of the law, but miss the message. They're the ones who'll be shocked with indignation when they get to heaven and find the place is full of people they turned their nose up to because of their self-righteousness.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

But it is not a joke. The fetus MUST be protected, but once born...screw 'em!! You never noticed that?

"Pro-Life" unless your life is something they do not agree with. "Pro-choice" unless you choose something they do not want you to choose.

Pick your team and decide which part of peoples lives you want to control.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

See this is where you people get it all screwed up, (at some point it goes deeper than a bumper sticker.)

There is a wide gulf between innocent people (fetus) and the guilty, stupid, violent etc. people. (Occupy, killers and libs in general)

More seriously,

God hates the shedding of "innocent blood".

<< Proverbs 6 >>

16There are six things the Lord hates,

seven that are detestable to him:

17haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,

18a heart that devises wicked schemes,

feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19a false witness who pours out lies

and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Psalm 106:38 They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and ...

They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed

to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood. ...

Deuteronomy 19:10 Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed ...

Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed in your land, which the LORD your

God is giving you as your inheritance, and so that you will not be guilty of ...

Jeremiah 26:15 Be assured, however, that if you put me to death ...

Be assured, however, that if you put me to death, you will bring the guilt of innocent

blood on yourselves and on this city and on those who live in it, for in ...

Isaiah 59:7 Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed ...

Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. ... Their feet run to

do evil. They hurry to shed innocent blood. Their plans are evil. ...

William Penn

Perhaps she thought the power of jesus and prayer would heal the victim?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

See this is where you people get it all screwed up, (at some point it goes deeper than a bumper sticker.)

There is a wide gulf between innocent people (fetus) and the guilty, stupid, violent etc. people. (Occupy, killers and libs in general)

More seriously,

God hates the shedding of "innocent blood".

<< Proverbs 6 >>

16There are six things the Lord hates,

seven that are detestable to him:

17haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,

18a heart that devises wicked schemes,

feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19a false witness who pours out lies

and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Psalm 106:38 They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and ...

They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed

to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood. ...

Deuteronomy 19:10 Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed ...

Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed in your land, which the LORD your

God is giving you as your inheritance, and so that you will not be guilty of ...

Jeremiah 26:15 Be assured, however, that if you put me to death ...

Be assured, however, that if you put me to death, you will bring the guilt of innocent

blood on yourselves and on this city and on those who live in it, for in ...

Isaiah 59:7 Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed ...

Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. ... Their feet run to

do evil. They hurry to shed innocent blood. Their plans are evil. ...

That's the beauty of the Bible.. Any bigot can do a word search and pick out obscure verses and use it out of context to justify their hypocrisy :thumbs: