karyx

PLS HELP.. =(

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's income tax last april is below 18k but he is now working full time. Is there a chance that we are going to be approved? I've read that they dont allow co sponsor here in PI. Im just worried. or the paychexk is ok to show? Im also wondering if we will just schedule my interview on april after he filed the tax return. btw i got my noa2 2weeks ago. pls help. thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You still have to bring his latest ITR and W-2s. BUT also bring proof of sustaining income like pay stubs and an employment letter where his current yearly income is stated.

If your fiance is a fresh graduate or currently studying, there's a chance that US Embassy Manila might allow a co-sponsor. Have one ready just in case.

Edited by cheerstoamerica

Timeline

I am no expert on Embassy but I can offer you some advice. First, all employees in America are supposed to receive a "W-2" form from their employer by January 31st each year. This will show his income. That is what I would provide them. I will also offer 3 months of pay check stubs. This is all he needs to prove how much he has earned. They might still want to see his Income Tax Returns for 2011 but that is no problem too. If he is not self employed, he should be able to file soon after he gets his W-2 from the employer. He can file on line or he can take it to a tax professional that can file it and print out the 1040 form that he filed.

If he is self employed then that takes a while longer and is hard for some people to do by himself. In any event, taxes can be stressful for some people here and take them a few days to organize and it is a pain. I would nudge him and provide him this knowlege but if he is stressed about taxes and can't produce till later, don't push him. You could delay the interview but not too far. Just take the last appointment available. You can always provide the tax forms later but they might just accept the W-2 and his pay stubs as proof. That should be enough. Don't provide a copy of the W-2 or the pay stubs. Provide the real thing that was given by the employer.

Edited by NoneYa

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You still have to bring his latest ITR and W-2s. BUT also bring proof of sustaining income like pay stubs and an employment letter where his current yearly income is stated.

If your fiance is a fresh graduate or currently studying, there's a chance that US Embassy Manila might allow a co-sponsor. Have one ready just in case.

thank you so much.

I am no expert on Embassy but I can offer you some advice. First, all employees in America are supposed to receive a "W-2" form from their employer by January 31st each year. This will show his income. That is what I would provide them. I will also offer 3 months of pay check stubs. This is all he needs to prove how much he has earned. They might still want to see his Income Tax Returns for 2011 but that is no problem too. If he is not self employed, he should be able to file soon after he gets his W-2 from the employer. He can file on line or he can take it to a tax professional that can file it and print out the 1040 form that he filed.

If he is self employed then that takes a while longer and is hard for some people to do by himself. In any event, taxes can be stressful for some people here and take them a few days to organize and it is a pain. I would nudge him and provide him this knowlege but if he is stressed about taxes and can't produce till later, don't push him. You could delay the interview but not too far. Just take the last appointment available. You can always provide the tax forms later but they might just accept the W-2 and his pay stubs as proof. That should be enough. Don't provide a copy of the W-2 or the pay stubs. Provide the real thing that was given by the employer.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Providing tax forms proves he filled out forms. The W 2 is an indication of income from a source. Its best to provide tax transcripts which prove he filed the tax forms, the income & the tax payed on that income. Those come directly from the IRS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Two duplicate topics removed, please only post once on an issue *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

he can file then request a print out for immigration purpose on which the printout will say he filed already. also provide latest pay stubs, employment letter and just to be sure, prepare a co sponsor form. they always say they dont accept so sponsors but there are instances that it been considered at most times depending on the situation and the interviewing CO

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.